Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    you dont know 100%,you dont have the season two episode playbook,so anything can still happen.
    I don't need to know 100% of whats going to happen in season 2, sincewe've been told straight up that TTK is not going to happen.

Its a way to make him different than kal and kara,not to mention its cool.
    You know what would be a better way to differentiate Connor from Kal & Kara... Actually write them with personalities. Unfortunately the reboot team all decided that sullen, moppy & angry was the way to go.

during titans of tomorrow it wasnt used as a mimic power,it was used as what it is,a cool power.
    Its always been used like that.

the nuDCU SB has TK,not kryptonian powers,and it also has nothijg to do with the byrne explanation or no other kryptonian rule.
    Which still doesn't make any sort of sense. Its almost like DC is completely unaware of what the term "clone" means.

its called different ppl,it is what seperates a knockoff character from a interesting off shoot character.he could.have it TK for many in story or comkc logic reasons,all.you have to do is think about it.
    Different you say... You mean like how Young Justice Superboy is different from the comic book versions. Oh snap, you just got caught out by your own rhetoric.

Oh if batman was.running around for 5 years without his utility belt beijg a great hero,you would still want him to have his belt,or captain americas shield,or thors hammer,or green lanterns ring,or wonder womans lasso or aquaman and communicating with fish,they are part of the characters.
    Except those aren't parts of the character, its the main schtick... TTK not so much so... In fact by that logic the reboot version of Superboy is crap because it doesn't have heat vision: an again you get caught out on your own rhetoric... An to be honest, this is starting to feel a little to much like kicking a defensless puppy.

The Last Son of Krypton

I know I'm in the minority but, I prefer Superboy's look from Season 1.

P.S I really like the fact that Superboy does not age.

Its a way to make him different than kal and kara,not to mention its cool.during titans of tomorrow it wasnt used as a mimic power,it was used as what it is,a cool power.the nuDCU SB has TK,not kryptonian powers,and it also has nothijg to do with the byrne explanation or no other kryptonian rule.its called different ppl,it is what seperates a knockoff character from a interesting off shoot character.he could.have it TK for many in story or comkc logic reasons,all.you have to do is think about it.
    First of all the reason for the TTK was to have a human possess powers similar to Superman. That is the very root of the TTK, to actually mimic Superman's powers. The current DCnU Superboy is a very different animal from Kesel's Superboy, John's Superboy or the YJ cartoon Superboy. And to be honest, it doesn't really matter what powerset, he possesses. He failed to interest me as character. That is the cardinal sin here.

Oh if batman was.running around for 5 years without his utility belt beijg a great hero,you would still want him to have his belt,or captain americas shield,or thors hammer,or green lanterns ring,or wonder womans lasso or aquaman and communicating with fish,they are part of the characters.
    That is a strawman argument, since you can just as well, if not even better argue that a Superboy without Superman's powers wouldn't be the real deal. Compared to the length of publication, the telekinetic version was just a blip. And the cartoon Superboy is a return to the basics of Superman, the Gladiator mold. Visually he and the Geoffs version resemble strongly Iron Munroe, the son of Hugo Danner, wearing a black T-shirt, leaping around from the Young All-Stars. Strange that I am the only one who noticed the similarities.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Its a way to make him different than kal and kara,not to mention its cool.during titans of tomorrow it wasnt used as a mimic power,it was used as what it is,a cool power.the nuDCU SB has TK,not kryptonian powers,and it also has nothijg to do with the byrne explanation or no other kryptonian rule.its called different ppl,it is what seperates a knockoff character from a interesting off shoot character.he could.have it TK for many in story or comkc logic reasons,all.you have to do is think about it.

his origin lies in the byrne explanation bro, bit of a stretch to say it isn't or try to argue that it's as essential to the character as these tools are to others

Quote Originally Posted by It's Superman View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but, I prefer Superboy's look from Season 1.

P.S I really like the fact that Superboy does not age.
    I kind of dig his overall gear
    WOlf
    Sphere
    the friggin super cycle!

his costume is okay with me, but it is cool that he's stopped aging, nice twist
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

man i just read a lot of BS,when others are calling what im saying BS.
    greg said that bout TTK at the beginning of season one,were in season two,and things change
    he is a brand new life form,confused,and pissed cause of being lied too,his personality is spot on for that situation
    i said NOT used as a mimic power during ToT,and it was awesome
    he is a hybrid,and two different species all together,but still made from the same genetic material,so yeah he is a clone,and yeah strange things like having TK powers instead of solar based powers might happen.
    snap this,they are the same character,just like batman,wonder woman,and wally west is,so snap that.characters like Gladiator or Hyperion are straight up knockoffs,SB is different enough,even if he came from the same source material.
    yeah heat vision is important...to superman,not SB.TTK is as important to kon as heat vision or flight is to superman.
    oh and there you go again with the BS,it would be nice if 1 - your points werent so easily refuted,and 2- you would be less disrespectful,and understood this is comics,nothing to trash talk another person about.

we all know the similarities to hugo and iron,thats why geoff made him look that way in teen titans
    all the different versions of SB has thimgs in common with the others,i have been wanting a single version of him for awhile now.he used his TTK to mimic physical powers cause he didnt have them,the kesel version and lobdells version both do that,geoffs and gregs have strength so he could use it for other things,but its all TK,and he can do the same thing with it,he does depending on need.
    i am talking about kon,conner,not kal,and during kon/conners existence he has always had TTK.

no i was saying the byrne and no other kryptonian reasons dont apply now in 2012,and he has always had it,even when kara,zod,lor,etc was around,its become its own thing.
    its every bit as important to him,he has had from day one,till now,that means something.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

man i just read a lot of BS,when others are calling what im saying BS.
    I know, but you keep on insisting on writing it.

greg said that bout TTK at the beginning of season one,were in season two,and things change
    No it hasn't. Young Justice was written from scratch as a two season series. There will be no third season & it was plotted out in its entirety before the first episode aired.

he is a brand new life form,confused,and pissed cause of being lied too,his personality is spot on for that situation
    Unfortunately its exactly the personality that both Superman & Supergirl are currently sporting.

i said NOT used as a mimic power during ToT,and it was awesome
    An i'm telling you that it was always used like that, from the very first time that it was used.

he is a hybrid,and two different species all together,but still made from the same genetic material,so yeah he is a clone,and yeah strange things like having TK powers instead of solar based powers might happen.
    I'm sorry but no. Thats like combining water, with subzero conditions & coming out with fire.

snap this,they are the same character,just like batman,wonder woman,and wally west is,so snap that.
    No they really aren't. The DC characters prior to the reboot existed on New Earth. Younj Justice takes place on Earth-16: By the very definition of "not the same person" they are not the same person. They are not the same people at all. Or to quote you "its called different ppl,it is what seperates a knockoff character from a interesting off shoot character." YJ Superboy & previous itterations are not the same character.
    Last edited by kelly_warrior_princess; 05-27-2012 at 07:37 AM.

m
    no i was saying the byrne and no other kryptonian reasons dont apply now in 2012,and he has always had it,even when kara,zod,lor,etc was around,its become its own thing.
    its every bit as important to him,he has had from day one,till now,that means something.
    on earth nu52 yeah, but earth-16 naw

in the immortal words of run dmc: it's like that, and that's the way it is

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

hey kelly thanks for not insulting this last time.

hey so who of the ppl who have been disagreeing with me actually is a fan of superboy?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

hey so who of the ppl who have been disagreeing with me actually is a fan of superboy?
    *raises hand*

though I always preferred impulse to superboy, conner still cool to me

Count me as one of them.

I haven't commented in this thread, and personally I think you're totally off-base, but I am a Superboy fan. I remember when he was first introduced and was discussing him with friends of mine who read the books. I've always liked him.

*Raises hand too*
    Plus where do you think I got my screen name from.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    *Raises hand too*
    Plus where do you think I got my screen name from.
    I always thought you were one of the superman dynasty members

like superman secundus >_>