Page 37 of 128 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    You'd have seen a dead Nightcrawler on that dirt mound.
    Poor Kurt! Alas, we knew him so well.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Crew is in. SHIELD is in.
    Waiting on Rheged's Namor and the optional Pulp Annual and then we post 'em.
    Lot of scrambling today but they have turned out quite nicely. Should have a full load by tonight.
    Props team!

Update: Namor in.

I will have them up later tonight or early in morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Crew is in. SHIELD is in.
    Waiting on Rheged's Namor and the optional Pulp Annual and then we post 'em.
    Lot of scrambling today but they have turned out quite nicely. Should have a full load by tonight.
    Props team!

Just sent Namor in. Didn't get him finished before work, but he's in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Just sent Namor in. Didn't get him finished before work, but he's in there now.
    Got it. Looking good. AOM will be treated with a double dose of ankle wings this month. That ain't a bad thing.

Falsworth Groundskeeper highwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Sorry. I was invested in our LCBS Halloween festivities. I'll get the NAMOR solicit to you within the hour... cause I have to go to work then.

And THANK YOU Highwayguy for volunteering ... but the kilt episode will have to wait.
    Always happy to help you and the Scotsman out, Rheg.

Oh man, with St. Andrew's Day coming up an the end of November I should have done a "Namor Goes Home/Namor in a Kilt" solicit. Maybe I'll have Namor make a guest appearance in my AoM Extra series Clan Clash at some point. Kylun and Wolfsbane too.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

Solicits are up.

Hubbs or Ro, if you want to turn in a Pulp Annual for this month that is cool. I will squeeze it into the solicits. If not, then you guys can do one or a double next month.

Hey gang, I am going to go ahead and post the new Mandates here on the Bullpen thread. Lucy & GG, I can help walk you through it. Feel free to ask any questions or make some decisions right here on the thread or via PM. We have done these before (about every 6-7 months or so) to keep things evolving, fresh. And to keep you editors on your toes!

Read through it. These need to be finished prior to January 2013 solicits. The mandates will NOT effect next months solicits.

Anyways, here they are....

Default 2013 Mandates

2013 CBR's Age of Marvels Mandates

***Note: Mandates and Changes Will Go in Effect for JAN. 2013 Solicits. Your December Solicts will use current titles, rosters, etc.***

#1) NEW TITLES & BRANDS

Line/Brand Name: I will entertain a rebranding of your lines. If you wish to adjust the name or theme/tone of your line and as long as that doesnt mirror another line or contradict the current line up of your brand, then I will take suggestions and requests.

Swapping Editors: If editors wish and mutually agree on switching spots, then let me know. I personally think everyone is in a good place right now and doing an excellent job. But if you want to do so and have a trade partner, then I will give you the ok.

New Titles: Each line can choose one title to drop from their current list (not mandatory) and create a new title to replace it. You may also restructure and rework other current titles to a degree, as long as it doesnt change the basic premise and look of the book. Rosters can be changed (see below)

Trade Titles: This is going to take EIC approval but I will entertain editors swapping entire titles as long as the title can fit the direction and general theme of the new line it will appear in. Characters attached to these titles will need to be addressed individually to make sure they also fit the new line's themes and dont conflict with previous character attachments.

#2) CHARACTER/ROSTER CHANGES

New Characters:
    You can request new characters that have not been previously saved to AOM. (or that were lost in the transition and currently arent on our lists) Just do so on the Bullpen Thread and state which title they will appear in. To keep rosters at a manageable size - for new character additions, I may ask you to drop a character from current roster for that new character to take that roster spot.

Trades:
    Feel free to trade characters from one line to another. Just make sure that if a character is traded over lines, he/she is traded from all titles of his/her previously line. Just keep me informed of moves so I can update roster pages.

Drop/Add:
    You can drop current characters attached to your titles and replace them by adding characters from the available character list. We are going to do the honor system here folks. It will be first come, first serve but please allow everyone an ample chance to claim characters they want or best fit their titles. I will make final say if there are any joint requests that cant be worked out.

#3) CREATOR CHANGES

Creative Teams - Time to mix things up gang! The new mandate is going to shake things up creator wise. Here's the deal: Each line MUST KEEP 2 and only 2 of their current writers and CAN keep 3 but only 3 of the current artists associated with that line. I know we have had some long standing teams assigned to certain books so choose your keepers wisely. Each title gets a writer and artist. Writers can work on maximum of 2 monthlies, artists are limited to 1. Each line also will be able to select 3 exclusive alternating/variant artists to fill in, rotate on books and do variant covers for that line's titles.

How this works: Each line editor(s) PM me or post on the Bullpen Thread the 2 writers and up to 3 artists that they are "saving" for their line. After all the "saved" creators are chosen then I will post a list of available "unsaved" creators on thread. I will then ask the editors for a list of writers and authors each line most wants, you should PM me that list with your top ten most wanted writers and top ten most wanted artists.

*Note: You do not have to request creators from the available list or previously used in AOM. You are allowed to select new creators from outside that list just as long as they are alive, not exclusive to DC, Image, etc. and do have some writing & comic book interest/history.*

The creators will be divided among the AOM lines by priority of your lists. Example: If Avengers line has Chris Claremont as their #1 most wanted writer and no one pick else had him in the top spot, Avengers Line will get Claremont. Once all the creator spots are filled I will contact you with your group of writers and artists and you can and choose which titles to use them on from your line.

***Exceptions: Any New Titles that have been created since August will be allowed to keep current creative teams since they are just getting underway. This goes for Marvel Two-In-One, Thanos BD, House of Kang, Alpha Flight & whoever may win November poll. There will be no cancellations or new titles with December Fan Poll (separate reward will be given to winning line to cash in at later date)***

#4) RULE CHANGES

Page Counts, Pricing and Ratings -
    PRICING: You now have options. Regular montlies can be 24 pages for $2.99 or 32 pages for $3.99. We have to make a fake profit afterall. Annuals will be 48 pages for $4.99 while Point One (.1) issues will remain $2.00 for 18 pgs.

ANNUALS in 2013: Any title over 11 issues (and that hasnt had an Annual in past 12 months) can publish one Annual this year. Editor's Choice. Annuals can have guest creators and variant cover artists of the Editors choice.

POINT ONE: We will do (.1) issues in January, February and then again in July, August. Each line can publish one (.1) issue in addition to their regular monthly in those months. (.1) issues can use any of the line's designated writers and artists.

***New*** Free Comic Book Day - The first Wednesday in May as we know is Free Comic Book Day. This year AOM will follow that lead. So for May solicits, every line is allotted one "FCBD" issue of their choosing. 24 pgs. Rated "A" or "T+" and of course priced for FREE. You can use any of (or any combination of) your line's characters, however you want to play it. In continuity or out of continuity is fine and if you want to ask to borrow other line's characters then just make sure to clear it with the proper editors first. Use creators from your line with a guest "unused" artist option if you choose.

RATINGS: Here is our standard Marvel based Ratings System for clarity.
    ALL AGES - appropriate for all ages.
    A - Appropriate for age 9 and up.
    T+ TEENS AND UP - Appropriate for most readers 13 and up, parents are advised that they might want to read before or with younger children.
    PARENTAL ADVISORY - 15 years and older. Similar to T+ but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery.
    MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT - 18 years old. Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX comics banner (created specifically for mature content titles), MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the "MAX: Explicit Content" label very prominent on the cover. MAX titles will not be sold on the newsstand, and they will not be marketed to younger readers.

#5) AOM/NEW DAWN CROSSOVER

We will be working with the New Dawn plotters to create our very own CBR DC/Marvel crossover. The prelude issue will drop in February and the Crossover will run full in March & April with a final blowout special issue in May. More details will follow but if you are interested, the basic structure will be to crossover with a New Dawn title (and work with that New Dawn plotter) to build a 4 issue storyline to run through both company's title in March and April.
    Example: Batman/Iron Man crossover would appear in these issues -
    (March) Batman #15, Iron Man #9 (April) Batman #16, Iron Man #10
    So you will have two months and 4 issues to tell your crossover stories with a partner from New Dawn.
    We will get you more details soon continuity wise on how these characters collide and the framework of the story to work within.

#6) GOALS
    It's been a great run thus far for CBR's Age of Marvels. We have come along way and we continue to grow and thrive. 2012 was a terrific ride. But let's not rest on our morals or slow down now. I am going to make it a personal goal to encourage growth and participation here on CBR and challenge you editors, the lifeblood of this project, to go out and spread the word. Let's find some new plotters and encourage new ideas and participation from our friends and fellow Marvel fans here on CBR. Let's make this thing even BIGGER in 2013. Let's blow the roof off this thing already! I mean, Galactus has to fit in here somehow.

Man, this is gonna take a lot of thinking to not completely destroy some of things I've been planning. I mean in hindsight a 12 issue arc of Howling Commandos might have been a mistake but still... I could just end it prematurely I guess.

I'll figure something out with BJC.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Man, this is gonna take a lot of thinking to not completely destroy some of things I've been planning. I mean in hindsight a 12 issue arc of Howling Commandos might have been a mistake but still... I could just end it prematurely I guess.

I'll figure something out with BJC.
    You don't HAVE to change your titles or trade characters if you don't want to personamanx. The only thing you are mandated to switch up is creative teams. Other stuff is optional.

You can change things up as much or little as you want.
    Other than creative wise that is.

The commandos are on their own never ending tour. I don't want to see that title end by any means, but if ever it should come that they need to get off the road...a "Last Waltz" issue would be amazing.

Yeah, but really it's the Mandatory creative team changes for me. All the other stuff I have no problem with But I don't want to have to pull a JMS "Grounded" on too many of the books.

I'll work it out, don't worry.

You might be ok personamanx. Save the ones you most want to keep to be safe. Then when it comes time to choose from available creators to fill Strange Tales' open spots, I won't stop you from reclaiming the creators you previosuly dropped, should no other line claim them first of course.

I am trying to encourage mixing some things up but not at the cost of breaking up storylines in process or extended plans. You may have to rework a few things but your musical creators will probably be safe for instance. Some of the creators that fit nicely on Strange Tales don't necessarily slide into Spidey or the Avengers as well.

You and BJC decide which ones you would really hate to lose. We'll go from there.

Sorry about being MIA...had relatives with Sandy Super Storm Issues from NY.

Life got in the way..Im glad you guys saved my bacon.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Sorry about being MIA...had relatives with Sandy Super Storm Issues from NY.

Life got in the way..Im glad you guys saved my bacon.
    Hope you and the fam are ok Ro. Take care of what you need to. We will hold it down here for you.

That being said, it sure has been awfully quiet around here in your absence

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Hope you and the fam are ok Ro. Take care of what you need to. We will hold it down here for you.

That being said, it sure has been awfully quiet around here in your absence
    hey! I resemble that remark!

Peace and Quiet are highly overrated.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"