BANNED

Default Questions about the Indigo Tribe

Spoilers for recent issues of Green Lantern.

Okay, if the point of the indigo's is to take the most hardened criminals that feel absolutely no remorse, and change them into kind, moral people, then why did the Indigo ring choose who it chose in Blackest Night? Really, Ray is a hardened criminal?

And besides, I thought the point of the rings was to go to those who caused or felt the emotion that corresponded with the color. Those who overcame fear, green; those who caused fear, yellow, and etc.

I am completely confused here.

I had a similar thought about Ray during Blackest Night. Only thing I can figure is that since it was Ganthet who caused the rings to duplicate to get deputies he had the rings change their directive a bit. The same can be said of Wonder woman. The ring said she had great love in her, in most other cases the rings chose people who were void of love or were heart broken.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    I had a similar thought about Ray during Blackest Night. Only thing I can figure is that since it was Ganthet who caused the rings to duplicate to get deputies he had the rings change their directive a bit. The same can be said of Wonder woman. The ring said she had great love in her, in most other cases the rings chose people who were void of love or were heart broken.
    Yeah, and the whole Superman not getting the blue ring thing kind of caused people to shake their heads a bit too, so I see your point. So maybe Ganthet specifically picked certain people?

BANNED

The Indigo ring normally don't chose people, they are forced in to them, so they don't have the chance to look for compassion.
    In Blackest Night the ring finally got to chose someone, so it searched for compassion for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash's Lightning View Post
    Yeah, and the whole Superman not getting the blue ring thing kind of caused people to shake their heads a bit too, so I see your point. So maybe Ganthet specifically picked certain people?
    I don't think Ganthet chose anyone. Not sure many people would choose to give Lex Luthor power. I believe it's how Joao said. The rings chose on their own. Which begs the other question of why exactly Mogo was needed if the rings can inherently choose people by themselves. Unless the rings used to choose any kind of people with willpower, be it good or evil.

Quote Originally Posted by joao_miranda View Post
    The Indigo ring normally don't chose people, they are forced in to them, so they don't have the chance to look for compassion.
    In Blackest Night the ring finally got to chose someone, so it searched for compassion for the first time.
    Came in here to say this.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    I don't think Ganthet chose anyone. Not sure many people would choose to give Lex Luthor power. I believe it's how Joao said. The rings chose on their own. Which begs the other question of why exactly Mogo was needed if the rings can inherently choose people by themselves. Unless the rings used to choose any kind of people with willpower, be it good or evil.
    Exactly. Mogo was the moral compass. Without Mogo you get Sinestro with a green ring again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Exactly. Mogo was the moral compass. Without Mogo you get Sinestro with a green ring again.
    Yup, I think left to their own devices, the rings are going to pick whoever is best at "overcoming great fear" and is closest. That's pretty much the only criteria the rings go by, isn't it?

And that's interesting that the Indigo's don't go out searching, I hadn't thought of that. It certainly makes it unique and more personal when someone is chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Just makes me wonder why the Guardians seemed surprised by the whole thing.

Wait, what happened to Mogo?

BANNED

He was murdered by John Stewart. (A necessary homicide at the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash's Lightning View Post
    He was murdered by John Stewart. (A necessary homicide at the time.)
    Well, so John has some skill with killing Green Lanterns