Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Abnett & Lanning "Fear the Future" in "New Mutants"

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning, the writing team behind "New Mutants," answer your questions about the Phoenix Force, mutant powers, and new characters! Plus exclusive art!

Full article here.

Well if Elixir comes back it wont be in this book. I think thats the only thing i got out of this article.

I think i want Abnett and Lanning to just do oneshots I love their oneshots.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
    Well if Elixir comes back it wont be in this book. I think thats the only thing i got out of this article.

I think i want Abnett and Lanning to just do oneshots I love their oneshots.
    I did see Elixir coming back in one of Wolverine's title
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

From their responses, it sounds like this book is in limbo between continuing and being canceled, moreso than in the past. I wish Marvel would give this book a chance with one more creative team before giving the final axe. It proved it can pull 25-35k when the writing is better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    I did see Elixir coming back in one of Wolverine's title
    I hear that issue is about something that happened in the past

What the hell kind of questions were those?! It's like the only new mutant related questions were obvious ones like when is Character X going to get their powers back and is Blink going to be used more and then random stuff like Elixir and the Avengers movie?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

We need to flood George's inbox with good questions in two weeks. Next week is Gischler, so it doesn't matter since he's leaving.
    Last edited by Emerald_616; 05-15-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Looks like the New Mutants are teaming up with the Defenders.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Retired

Terrible questions, and worse, it sounds like DnA intend on sticking around past issue #50 if the book's not cancelled. Maybe they'll redeem themselves with the Hellions, but it doesn't look good. The Defenders, right after AvX? Eh.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

They were very nice in their response to an Elixir question. It was a nice way to say they couldn't care less about the character. Wise lads.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

So no one asked why they hate Sunspot?

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    We need to flood George's inbox with good questions in two weeks. Next week is Gischler, so it doesn't matter since he's leaving.
    I'd like to thank Gischler for having the balls to have a nice little Pixie-themed two-parter as his swan song coda on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    So no one asked why they hate Sunspot?
    Is it really a question that needed to be asked?
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Is it really a question that needed to be asked?
    YES!! I am a sympathiser for Sunspot and he deserves to kick ass!!

If they really wanted to help this book, Marvel would give it a decent artist. I abhor the art, and it certainly affects my enjoyment of the story. They should also bring back Karma, Cannonball and Magik. If this is supposed to be the New Mutants, then make it the New Mutants and have all of them working together like before. I have severely curtailed my X-books, and so I don't even know where Cannoball landed. I'd like them all back under one title again. It would also be nice if they would stop interrupting the freaking book to shove them - usually unnecessarily - into the next big crossover, where they are often shoved out of their own book and into smaller guest spots. Let the book grow a little with its own stories, build its own momentum, and then gradually bring it into the fold where and when it makes sense. Just my two cents.
    Oh, and DnA, if you're listening ... please, please, please get at least Tarot out of that whole Techno virus mess. When she was resurrected back in the old X-Force issues, she seemed like she was more on the side of angels than not, and it would be nice to see her switch sides. For some reason, I always liked her character and would love to see her developed. She'd be a nice romantic match for Cypher, I think.