View Poll Results: Which retcon iz the fairest?

Voters
53. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • OMG!Wolvie fathered Xavier!!

24 45.28%
  • OMG! Wolvie ran over Annie!!

14 26.42%
  • OMG! Wolvie crippled Xavier!!

10 18.87%
  • Other

5 9.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Qualified Sex Therapist Psylocke1902's Avatar

Default How shud Marvel retconned Wolverine into X-mythos even further?

After Marvel revelation of The first X-men, It's totes cray cray how Marvel'll milk every fame fluid Wolvie has. Basically, They retcon everything b/c Bendis did it once or twice and it was cool. So what else shud b retconned while they are at it?

OMG!!Wolvie sexed Xavier's mother and it explained Xavier's slowed aging and attraction 2 redheads and mentees !!!

OMG!! Wolvie totes ran over Annie to force Jean's power activation and give her low self esteem, so that he can use as gateway to her firecrotch!!!

OMG!! Wolvie actually masterminded the whole Xavier breaking his leg thing so that Jean will not get together with Xavier. Because Jean wud totes bang Charles if he was not crippled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sidebar: Did Xavier actually sense that Jean is secretly discriminating against the disabled?)

Takers?
    Last edited by Psylocke1902; 05-15-2012 at 01:52 AM.

If you read Cable you wud have seen that it was Hope that ran over the car that hit Annie

Cable actually would've been a better choice for The First X-men. For one thing, he's a time traveler who actually met Xavier before he formed the X-men. For another, he was actually a mercenary (unlike Logan, who was a career soldier then a spy working jointly for Canadian intelligence and the CIA, and who also had FBI credentials at one point too for some reason). The story doesn't bother me that much to be honest, but shoehorning Logan into the lead role seems a bit unnecessary and definitely only contributes to the backlash against the character's omnipresence in the Marvel Universe.

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable actually would've been a better choice for The First X-men. For one thing, he's a time traveler who actually met Xavier before he formed the X-men. For another, he was actually a mercenary (unlike Logan, who was a career soldier then a spy working jointly for Canadian intelligence and the CIA, and who also had FBI credentials at one point too for some reason). The story doesn't bother me that much to be honest, but shoehorning Logan into the lead role seems a bit unnecessary and definitely only contributes to the backlash against the character's omnipresence in the Marvel Universe.
    /\This/\

This whole idea of adding even more stuff to Wolverine's already overcrowded past is getting out of hand. What's next, he's the secret lover of the Queen Mum or something? Cable would've been perfect, especially since he's back in the mainstream MU after a long absence.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Good poll, Psylocke90210, I had a hard time choosing.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Why stop there? Xavier could be a Wolverine clone with his head shaved, and Magneto could be a Wolverine clone with his hair dyed white. Everyone in the whole MU should be a Wolverine clone, except for Wolverine Classic.

P.S. I think it was less that Xavier was disabled, and more that he was her much older mentor/father-figure. Also, the irresistible charms of Scott Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    /\This/\

This whole idea of adding even more stuff to Wolverine's already overcrowded past is getting out of hand. What's next, he's the secret lover of the Queen Mum or something? Cable would've been perfect, especially since he's back in the mainstream MU after a long absence.
    Thanks. I think it would've been cool because A) I'm a huge fan of the character but also B) for exactly the reason you state: he's just come back after a long absence and it would be a good way to get Cable back on the map. Plus it's already established that he did meet Xavier prior to founding the X-men, he was actually mercenary (as opposed to Logan who wasn't), and I think Nathan even gave Charles some technology that helped him build the first Danger Room (I think I remember that in one of those #0 issues that came out in the 90s).

That would've made far too much sense for Marvel to have run with it, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Jackraow suggesting that Cable be involved? What a shocking development!

~Desperate Househusband~ Phoenix's Avatar

Wolverine is far too overdone at this point. This is a ridiculous ploy to make more money, and make Logan's current regime change to school headmaster seem not so far fetched. This stupidity must end. If you want to change something, make it gradual. Don't retcon, I hate retcons! Sonuva.... This has me slightly enthralled~

YAY more Wolverine. There certainly wasn't enough of him in his ten thousand solo books or all those wonderful team books he's on!
    Cyclops was RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    Jackraow suggesting that Cable be involved? What a shocking development!
    In this case it makes sense. And pointing out that I constantly suggest that Cable should be involved really hasn't deterred me from continuing to suggest it. Not sure if you've noticed, but I have little regard for what other people think or what characters they like. My world continues to revolve around me and my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post
    Why stop there? Xavier could be a Wolverine clone with his head shaved, and Magneto could be a Wolverine clone with his hair dyed white. Everyone in the whole MU should be a Wolverine clone, except for Wolverine Classic.

P.S. I think it was less that Xavier was disabled, and more that he was her much older mentor/father-figure. Also, the irresistible charms of Scott Summers.
    I don't like what you're implying. It was already decided earlier this week that everyone's a Jean Grey clone!!

I would love it if he fathered Xavier though.

Wolverine was the most memorable of Chris Claremont's X Men, but over the past few years Marvel have completely destroyed him by over exposure. They've run out of decent plotlines so now they're embarking on indecent ones!

What next? Wolverine the founder of SHIELD? Wolverine the 'creator' of the mutant race? Hell, maybe they could go really over the top and let him turn out to be Loki's real dad!!!

I give up - they've completely lost it.

Wolverine is descended from prehistoric wolves now. There is literally nothing they can do to the character at this point that is worse than that...

...at least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Wolverine was the most memorable of Chris Claremont's X Men, but over the past few years Marvel have completely destroyed him by over exposure. They've run out of decent plotlines so now they're embarking on indecent ones!

What next? Wolverine the founder of SHIELD? Wolverine the 'creator' of the mutant race? Hell, maybe they could go really over the top and let him turn out to be Loki's real dad!!!

I give up - they've completely lost it.
    I think Wolverine was the 'creator' of the mutant race in the Ultimate Universe...

I voted "He ran over Annie" because that sounded the funniest to me and that makes sense in a Logan love tragedy way.

when Jean comes back to life Jean finally gives in to Logans , er, charms... Jean finds out that Logan the man who claims undying love for her is the man who killed her best friend Annie in a hit and run on the way home from a strip club, beer in hand. Logan loses Jean again. JEAAAAAN!!!! Now Logan must find redemption and win back the love of Jean. JEAAAN!