Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Comics that never happened....

Its always been a thing in comics when a company (DC , Marvel...maybe Image) announce a series or an issue to follow...but nothing happens. In fact the series suddenly ends without a warning. In fact today in my latest back issues one of the books I have had DC in the letter column claim issue #6 was coming. The comic ...

If you look at Milehigh comics or anywhere else , there was never an issue 6 of "Time Warp". The series just abruptly ends at #5 . DC however claims in 60 days that #6 is coming. Its been 32 years nearly since that issue and I chuckled at that. I wonder if fans at the time were waiting patiently on that issue wanting to read that then ?

Its not just books that end like this. Its some projects like the much talked about Roger Stern / Frank Miller "Dr. Strange".

Its always a wonder whatever happened to this series ? I wonder if Jim Shooter just decided against it or if the 2 guys were so busy with other things and it never could happen.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Still waitin' for that time warp #6...

The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

SUPERECWFAN1 smells a mystery:

Its always a wonder whatever happened to this series ? I wonder if Jim Shooter just decided against it or if the 2 guys were so busy with other things and it never could happen.
    Here is your decidedly unsexy answer. On the other hand, instead of Stern/Miller we got Stern/Marshall Rogers and I'd call that a win in my book!
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

I'm still waiting for the next issue of this series:

Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Here is your decidedly unsexy answer. On the other hand, instead of Stern/Miller we got Stern/Marshall Rogers and I'd call that a win in my book!
    Ahhh cool...nice answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I'm still waiting for the next issue of this series:

I had always thought #19 was the final issue of that. Did they advertise #20 for that series ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I had always thought #19 was the final issue of that. Did they advertise #20 for that series ?
    It was the final issue, only in that no more were ever published. The story never finished, it just...stopped.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

It was the final issue, only in that no more were ever published. The story never finished, it just...stopped.
    I just wonder if the people who held the rights to Shadow did a HOLY FUCK... what the hell are you doing to our character , reaction ? To make it suddenly stop.

I just wonder if the people who held the rights to Shadow did a HOLY FUCK... what the hell are you doing to our character , reaction ? To make it suddenly stop.
    I remember reading somewhere (could've been Cronin's column, actually - Brian, help me out?) that that was indeed the case.

I remember reading somewhere (could've been Cronin's column, actually - Brian, help me out?) that that was indeed the case.
    Damn, I loved that last page of that series.
    It was just so fun, too bad Conde Nast didn't have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I am shocked they let DC do another series about a year later . I suppose to keep the license they warned DC about it and that is why we got the Shadow Strikes (1989-1992 series)

I am shocked they let DC do another series about a year later . I suppose to keep the license they warned DC about it and that is why we got the Shadow Strikes (1989-1992 series)
    yeah, that Shadow Strikes! series I avoided like the plague, it just looked boring.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah, the Stern run on Strange with Rogers/Austin and Paul Smith Strange was great stuff. Never even noticed Miller wasn't there.

yeah, that Shadow Strikes! series I avoided like the plague, it just looked boring.
    I have never gotten an issue of it or found any in my hunts. Maybe one day I'll pull some out and try an issue to see what it was like. I guarantee it would be better than the recent Dynamite series. I picked up #1 of that due to Garth Ennis. But dear lord its terrible. Just depressing as shit to read and I'm glad I didn't add it to my pull list before it came out.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Actually...

It's funny, everybody thought Conde Nast shut us down, but it was just that we weren't making any money. When you work on a licensed book, the owner of the license gets half the royalty check. Andy [Helfer] and I, on one of the later issues, ended up splitting a $20 royalty check, and we decided it was time to go. (laughter)
    -Baker, from his Modern Masters

How about this:

Does this one qualify?