Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How would you fix Green Lantern bad movie rep?

IMO this can only be done with another movie like Hulk or Supes do.

I think the first thing they need to do is change Hal for John or Kyle as the main GL. John being one of the most well know African American superheroes, his casual fanbase is probably the largest. Kyle in the other hand is DC Spider-Man, he can cover the youth audience. As for the genre it should be like Predators (hell, they could even include some Predators or Aliens as cameos, GLs have actually fought against them in comics) Also, the Avengers just proved team superheroes movies = $. They should include all 4 GLs and call it Green lantern Corps. And make of it the best cosmic superhero movie.

BANNED

I think this is your third thread on how Kyle needs to be the GL in the movies. I think that's become your real motivation here, thinly veiled with a concern on how to make GL successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holes View Post
    I think this is your third thread on how Kyle needs to be the GL in the movies. I think that's become your real motivation here, thinly veiled with a concern on how to make GL successful.
    And you are a HEAT member, whats your point?

Just making a Green Lantern movie in the first place was a gamble, and when you consider that it bombed financially and sucked as a film, I don't think there will be another Green Lantern movie.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Just making a Green Lantern movie in the first place was a gamble, and when you consider that it bombed financially and sucked as a film, I don't think there will be another Green Lantern movie.
    Probaby, and whos fault is that? John and Kyle fans? no, HEAT members.

Hal was a bad choice and now we all got to paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Haha, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengeance View Post

What is a HEAT member?

And you're crazy if you think picking Hal Jordan is the sole reason the GL movie bombed. The movie was completely flawed from top to bottom. There was NOTHING good about it aside from Mark Strong as Sinestro.

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

And you're crazy if you think picking Hal Jordan is the sole reason the GL movie bombed. The movie was completely flawed from top to bottom. There was NOTHING good about it aside from Mark Strong as Sinestro.
    Hal AND is origin story to be more precise.

Honestly they should do what Marvel did with the Hulk and just reboot it in a few years.

What is a HEAT member?
    "Hal's Emerald Attack Team" Hal fanboys with explosive letters to be more precise.

I'm a big kyle fan myself, but using Kyle right now would be way too early and a wrong choice. Not to mention with the whole DCNU revamp it would be beneficial to try and keep the movie versions in line with the comicbook version. I'd say do at least three movies before even thinking about making a kyle centered movie after the fall of Hal or something.

As for the movie: Well besides picking writers and directors who actually like sci-fi and comics. You can go along the lines of what they did with Incredible Hulk where the movie vaguely showed it was some sort of continuation.

Hal AND is origin story to be more precise.
    Eh even that is barely scratching the surface...

The story (overall, I mean the entire story) was pretty bad. Green Lantern: Secret Origin was fine as a comic book but really lacked the depth for a major movie.

The villains (Hector Hammond and Parallax) were terrible. Not interesting, weak connection to main character, etc.

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively were both miscast and did pretty poor jobs. The guy who played Hammond was okay but his role was weak.

The writing (not the story, but the script, like the dialogue and everything) was bad.

The CGI was bad and overwhelming.

The pacing of the movie was bad. The first 10 mins were just pure exposition that would bore any non-hardcore GL fan to death.

The supporting GLs were dull and the entire GL mythology was not interesting.

It is an all-around bad film.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    Honestly they should do what Marvel did with the Hulk and just reboot it in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    I'm a big kyle fan myself, but using Kyle right now would be way too early and a wrong choice. Not to mention with the whole DCNU revamp it would be beneficial to try and keep the movie versions in line with the comicbook version. I'd say do at least three movies before even thinking about making a kyle centered movie after the fall of Hal or something.

As for the movie: Well besides picking writers and directors who actually like sci-fi and comics. You can go along the lines of what they did with Incredible Hulk where the movie vaguely showed it was some sort of continuation.
    Yeah, thats why I think John as GL would be the best first choice.

BANNED

Hal was the only one you could really do a movie about, as he's the only one with a remotely compelling origin. And if they ever do another one, he's the only one that really fights sinestro, who is actually an interesting villain and maybe the ONLY interesting villain any GL has.

And there's nothing wrong with him as a character, the movie just wasn't done well.
    Last edited by petesake; 05-14-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Eh even that is barely scratching the surface...

The story (overall, I mean the entire story) was pretty bad. Green Lantern: Secret Origin was fine as a comic book but really lacked the depth for a major movie.

The villains (Hector Hammond and Parallax) were terrible. Not interesting, weak connection to main character, etc.

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively were both miscast and did pretty poor jobs. The guy who played Hammond was okay but his role was weak.

The writing (not the story, but the script, like the dialogue and everything) was bad.

The CGI was bad and overwhelming.

The pacing of the movie was bad. The first 10 mins were just pure exposition that would bore any non-hardcore GL fan to death.

The supporting GLs were dull and the entire GL mythology was not interesting.

It is an all-around bad film.
    I agree. Ryan Raynols was especially bad IMO.