Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Justice League International" Ending With Issue #12

DC has revealed "Justice League International" #12 written by Dan Jurgens with art by Aaron Lopresti will be the final issue of the series, followed by "Justice League International" #1.

Full article here.

BANNED

CBR has confirmed with DC that "Justice League International" #12 is indeed the final issue of the series, but the publisher did not comment on the circumstances of the ending.
    independent confirmation, there, it is ending

Veteran Member

Well hell, I don't know what they're going to do now.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

"One thing I really think is exciting is you will see O.M.A.C. land in another book. You will see Hawk and Dove land in another title. This is the fourth time I've used this term, so again I apologize, but we are world-building. These characters, even if their books are going way, they are still part of the DC story. We'll still be seeing them."
    lol even they are analogizing that O.M.A.C. can't keep a title
    nevermind about Liefeld once O.M.A.C. makes an ongoing appearance on your title get ready for the chopping block
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Can't say I'll miss it.

It's been bland from the start.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC has revealed "Justice League International" #12 written by Dan Jurgens with art by Aaron Lopresti will be the final issue of the series, followed by "Justice League International" #1.
    Does this mean "followed by Justice League International ANNUAL #1," or is CBR News reporting that the JLI name will continue with a renumbered series? I don't see this in the linked article.

Still think it will get a incarnation that will be announced in a week or 2 like Justice League unlimited,elite or something like that..
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

I assume the title will tinkered with, probably given a new name and a new creative team. The sales aren't bad enough for them to just axe it, especially as it seems no other books are being axed right now. And if Johns is writing the annual , it must mean it's building up to something.

Not final solicits? Oh, so that was Johnston currently chittering about over there. This makes me kind of confused about the rumored Trinity War arc then if they revert back to regular numbering for all the titles. How does this exactly work? Is the setting still New 52?

I had posted in another thread when I heard speculation about this, having not seen this story earlier. I am both happy and unhappy to see it go. I think it had promise with the cast it introduced in the first story arc, but when they went and uneccesarily killed Rocket Red - one of the only characters wearing actual battle armor on the team - and then crippling not one, not two but THREE of the team's four female members (and not the one with the ridiculous power, either), well that just ticked me off to the point where I can't even enjoy this book anymore. Then to add insult to injury, they shove Batwing (hey, I'm black and from Africa, too, so I MUST have had a previous relationship with Stor ... I mean, Vixen ...) and OMAC at us without any rhyme or reason ... well, no thanks. I'm done, and I don't think I will be sticking around for the last three issues and the annual, either.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Kind of annoyed about this since I just got into JLI and that was primarily because of OMAC and I liked some of the members in the team :-/
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I fully expected the series to get some kind of serious retooling with or after 12 anyway, so I cant say I'm surprised. The title has been incredibly bland (with the exception of Lopresti's art) since the very beginning. Of the five characters I liked, they almost immediately took out three (Fire, Ice, Vixen) of them leaving me with two (Booster, Godiva) I liked and then adding a bunch I have no interest in (Blackwing, OMAC, Firestorm/hawk.) Even Booster has been kind of boring with no humor what so ever.
    I will be curious to see how this gets retooled, who ends up in the cast and most importantly who ends up on the creative team.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Hopefully if they decide to revamp the title they won't bring back Godiva. She was pretty much whiny and useless for the whole run.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

I don't know, it doesn't seem like enough confirmation. I'll wait a month or two and see what future solicitations are.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Still think it will get a incarnation that will be announced in a week or 2 like Justice League unlimited,elite or something like that..
    Extreme Justice International?

Justice League International Task Force?