Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Definitely looks like they are just doing a new Justice League title starting next month with issue 0...
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I wonder who the new creative team will be if DC decides to continue along a new path?
    Dunno. Maybe Didio? Just basing that off the Annual, complete guess. I hope Lopresti gets the art job or at least something else, I always liked his art.

Is it a coincidence that JLI is getting cancelled, Martian Manhunter is leaving Stormwatch and Vibe will make an appearance in the future. Can you say "Justice League Detroit"

Is Lopresti exclusive to DC?
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

I'm going to have to disagree with those saying it wasn't terrible

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Is Lopresti exclusive to DC?
    I hope so loved his art here and in Gen lost.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Dunno. Maybe Didio? Just basing that off the Annual, complete guess. I hope Lopresti gets the art job or at least something else, I always liked his art.
    I hope that is not only Didio since he's fairly unremarkable by himself, it would'nt be an improvement over Jurgens.

Lopresti however, really needs to draw the next JL book or at least another one, he's fantastic.

Nothing was destroyed here. They're relaunch another JL book, seeing how successful this one was, they're just responding to a lack of direction and a lack of quality/good reviews. It was bland, they recognized that, and they realized it could be doing better if it had some greater purpose or style.

That does not mean we'll like what we ultimately get instead, mind you, but it really couldn't be any worse than this. I'd take a Liefeld book over this, because at least that is distinctive.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I am not saddened by this, the terrible writing from Jurgens was why I dropped this with the 4th issue, this book needed to be put down or get a new writer and they went with the mercy killing.

I would like to hope Vixen, August, Fire & Ice will show up somewhere else but I doubt it
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Hopefully they don't get the wrong idea and decide not to go with the classic JLI'ers. I still want Fire, Ice, Booster, and Guy together on a team...

My hope would be for a Global Guardians/Justice League World/Justice League Unlimited launch, or something very similar, with Mike Costa riffing on Ellis' Stormwatch run. Reading his Blackhawks you saw a real facility with organizational structures and international team members. This would seem to be backed up by his GI Joe work. His Hawksmoore mini showed a near poetry and an ability for very high concept stuff. He's also very interested in writing Booster Gold, or was a few years back at least.

But I'd also take a Brian Clevinger-style revamp to make the book fun, funny, bombastic.

Just make it good, guys.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

not soon enough genki, since I see jurgens killed rocket red >:|

seriously, don't let him write DC. don't let him draw either but especially don't let him write

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biolizard View Post
    I notice that Martian Manhunter is leaving Stormwatch; I'd be surprised if he weren't going to some new team as well.
    I bet he is, but I wonder if it will be as himself or in deep cover, like when he was Bloodwynd. Could he be posing as Vibe or Atom or someone?

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Most likely DC doesn't want more than 3 League books. I'm calling it here...
    September
    Justice League Elite #0- explaining why the new tea. Was picked and more about Argus. Written by Dido and art by lopeestti with the cast being...
    I think you might be right, but not sure if it'll be JL Elite. Maybe Justice League: Team Eight (successor to the Team 7 on which Trevor served) or Justice League Outsiders.
    Last edited by slvn; 05-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I bet he is, but I wonder if it will be as himself or in deep cover, like when he was Bloodwynd. Could be be Vibe or Atom or someone?
    Not atom as ray Palmer left shade.

But please darer God left Vibe be MM.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Disappointed by this; it was straightforward superheroics, which is too rare in nuDC, and enjoyed Lopresti's art if nothing else.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.