Default Freedom Fighters speculations

As you know, already has been announced the Phantom Lady/Dollman mini. By the same team of writers Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti, the same team, I must add, worked on the last series of the team. So, as the same writers worked too in the reinvention of the Ray, we could speculate there would be a Black Condor, Firebrand or/and Human Bomb mini(s) too.
    And everything will finish with a new series (or mini) of the FF, set in the Prime earth of the DCnU.

The point is I'm feeling DC is building the Freedom Fighters in a close way to the movie Avengers . In the last page of the new Ray mini, a Samuel Jackson-like guy want to recruit the new Ray for some homeland security office. And with the same creative force behind the Phantom Lady series, I bet we will see that guy again.
    So I think we will see the Freedom Fighters as the Goverment superheroes, and that guy will be(is) the DCnU version of Uncle Sam. Right now, in the DCnU there is no goverment sponsored superheroes and in a more paranoid world like this one, such initiative would be a logical step.
    Not to my liking, I would have preferred a Freedom Fighters team in an wartorn earth x like.

Ok, maybe is to soon to speculate. But I like to do it.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 05-14-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: freedom fighters, phantom lady, dollman, ray, dcnu, multiverse,
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

I'd love to see Black Condor and Firebrand in their own solo minis. But instead of Human Bomb, I'd rather see Damage take that role. I loved that kid. I would like them to turn this idea of government super-hero team on its ear by having a group who fights for what the government is supposed to stand for but the government actually opposes them. Sort of like the Wikileaks of the super-hero world. Sure, it may be true and might should be known by the public but its embarrasing and troublesome for the government. Something like a Tea Party that actually stood for the Constitution not a coup of a political party.

My speculation . . . I think it will be lame, unfortunately.

(From someone still pissed about what happened to the second team in Infinte Crisis.)

BANNED

I loved Gray/Palmiotti's Freedom Fighters work and I can't wait to see what they're preparing with these new recreation of those characters.

I hope that next one is based on the Human Bomb, I've always loved the concept.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Considering I tried the last Freedom Fighters series and really had no love for it. So if that is the plan I know to avoid it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I think it should be an educational comic that DC gives away to schools for free.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

A quick sumary of the history of the Freedom Fighters, with conclusions similar to mine.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

I speculate that this iteration of the Freedom Fighters will be just as successful as every modern iteration of the Freedom Fighters has been.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by henrymalredo View Post
    I speculate that this iteration of the Freedom Fighters will be just as successful as every modern iteration of the Freedom Fighters has been.
    Maybe successful isn't the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Maybe successful isn't the right word.
    It is if you're going for ironic or sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It is if you're going for ironic or sarcastic.
    Right on the nose.

I could see DC trying the Avengers style build up with the Fighters. That process takes too long to set up a big money maker like the League (as if DC would go a year or more without a JLA title) and the buildup might bring in some extra readers if enough hype is built around it.

But I agree, it will likely be on par with their past Fighters work. And while I did enjoy the first two mini's and the first arc of the ongoing, I doubt it will receive much attention or do all that well in sales.

I also second the nomination of Damage. But get him right this time. I loved Geoff Johns for including him in JSA, but loathed how he was handled. I was fine with the scars, but his powerset has far more potential than what Johns showed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A quick sumary of the history of the Freedom Fighters, with conclusions similar to mine.
    That does not sound too promising, does it?