Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Jaspers needing to be in an actual reality in order to use his powers is just that. The Fury being there with him doesn't make the two of them not be standing in a zone of nonexistance. It's neither CIS nor PIS. His powers need for him to be in reality, as it were. If he's not in reality, no powers.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HectorP View Post
    It is, at worst, CIS, not PIS.

Jaspers was never on record manipulating through nonexistance or even experiencing (or whatever you could call it) it before.

Besides, the Fury could stall him when Jaspers was manipulating his own body but battling a sculptor in the middle of "endless clay" sounds foolish.

Still think the weakness stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Jaspers needing to be in an actual reality in order to use his powers is just that. The Fury being there with him doesn't make the two of them not be standing in a zone of nonexistance. It's neither CIS nor PIS. His powers need for him to be in reality, as it were. If he's not in reality, no powers.
    Well, alright. Seems weird, but I guess that's how they work.

Essentially, JJ's powers are best viewed as inefficient. He manipulates reality to fuck with people in reality, if you follow.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Essentially, JJ's powers are best viewed as inefficient. He manipulates reality to fuck with people in reality, if you follow.
    Ah. Of course, he's incredibly damned strong when he's in his element.

I didn't read the series where he returned, but I heard there was something about the Fury possessing him or something like that.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Question - Would that weakness of Jaspers count as "standard knowledge", considering most of US didn't know about it? I doubt it.

In which case Spectre is far more likely to throw out a more standard (well, standard for Spectre) attack and get beat down hard for his troubles. I don't think Spectre usually works on multiversal scales like Jaspers, does he?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

I'd be interested to hear how a location in which two distinct objects exist could in any meaningful way qualify as "not reality"...
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    I'd be interested to hear how a location in which two distinct objects exist could in any meaningful way qualify as "not reality"...
    I've watched conversations between you and Fuffer unfold. Trust me - it can qualify.

Take it up with comic book metaphysics.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Question - Would that weakness of Jaspers count as "standard knowledge", considering most of US didn't know about it? I doubt it.

In which case Spectre is far more likely to throw out a more standard (well, standard for Spectre) attack and get beat down hard for his troubles. I don't think Spectre usually works on multiversal scales like Jaspers, does he?
    Most of the people who know about Jaspers know the conditions of how he went out, this otherwise begins to get into "if the character is obscure enough, they are immune to the common knowledge stipulation" which is not what was meant with it when coined.

Most of the people who know about Jaspers know the conditions of how he went out, this otherwise begins to get into "if the character is obscure enough, they are immune to the common knowledge stipulation" which is not what was meant with it when coined.
    OK. Furry muff.

In that case, Spectre's doing just as you described.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

this goes in spectre's favor

and jasper's return

or well the appearance of new jasper's had powered down fury's

though i liked xenogenesis
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Can Spectre destroy enough of a reality in one instant to deprive MJJ of stuff to work with? I mean, Fury didn't bring him to a "fairly big empty part of this dimension", he brought him to a whole new dimension that was totally empty.

I would say so, sure. Jimmy's reality to work with, as it were, is constrained to the field they're fighting on. Corrigan should be capable of ending reality within that scale.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Nothing I'll fight for or against, let's just harden the details for NEXT time something like this comes up - I guess it comes down to assuming that either Khazan is a fairly limited pocket dimension susceptible to getting wiped OR that the Khazan "reality" ends at the arena border (Spectre stomp), or that it's on a planet in a big huge ginormous universe leaving MJJ plenty to manipulate and being too big for Spectre to insta-erase (Jaspers with the takedown).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    or that it's on a planet in a big huge ginormous universe leaving MJJ plenty to manipulate and being too big for Spectre to insta-erase (Jaspers with the takedown).
    I get why it's a fair consideration. But i find it a bit unfair to assume that fighters can pull stuff from the arena universe. Though there may be a precendence for it. It just seems...i don't know?
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.