Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,991

    Default

    Jaspers needing to be in an actual reality in order to use his powers is just that. The Fury being there with him doesn't make the two of them not be standing in a zone of nonexistance. It's neither CIS nor PIS. His powers need for him to be in reality, as it were. If he's not in reality, no powers.

  2. #17
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HectorP View Post
    It is, at worst, CIS, not PIS.

    Jaspers was never on record manipulating through nonexistance or even experiencing (or whatever you could call it) it before.

    Besides, the Fury could stall him when Jaspers was manipulating his own body but battling a sculptor in the middle of "endless clay" sounds foolish.

    Still think the weakness stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Jaspers needing to be in an actual reality in order to use his powers is just that. The Fury being there with him doesn't make the two of them not be standing in a zone of nonexistance. It's neither CIS nor PIS. His powers need for him to be in reality, as it were. If he's not in reality, no powers.
    Well, alright. Seems weird, but I guess that's how they work.

  3. #18
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,991

    Default

    Essentially, JJ's powers are best viewed as inefficient. He manipulates reality to fuck with people in reality, if you follow.

  4. #19
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Essentially, JJ's powers are best viewed as inefficient. He manipulates reality to fuck with people in reality, if you follow.
    Ah. Of course, he's incredibly damned strong when he's in his element.

    I didn't read the series where he returned, but I heard there was something about the Fury possessing him or something like that.

  5. #20
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Question - Would that weakness of Jaspers count as "standard knowledge", considering most of US didn't know about it? I doubt it.

    In which case Spectre is far more likely to throw out a more standard (well, standard for Spectre) attack and get beat down hard for his troubles. I don't think Spectre usually works on multiversal scales like Jaspers, does he?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  6. #21
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Jaspers needing to be in an actual reality in order to use his powers is just that. The Fury being there with him doesn't make the two of them not be standing in a zone of nonexistance. It's neither CIS nor PIS. His powers need for him to be in reality, as it were. If he's not in reality, no powers.
    I'd be interested to hear how a location in which two distinct objects exist could in any meaningful way qualify as "not reality"...
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  7. #22
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    I'd be interested to hear how a location in which two distinct objects exist could in any meaningful way qualify as "not reality"...
    I've watched conversations between you and Fuffer unfold. Trust me - it can qualify.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  8. #23
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,991

    Default

    Take it up with comic book metaphysics.

  9. #24
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Question - Would that weakness of Jaspers count as "standard knowledge", considering most of US didn't know about it? I doubt it.

    In which case Spectre is far more likely to throw out a more standard (well, standard for Spectre) attack and get beat down hard for his troubles. I don't think Spectre usually works on multiversal scales like Jaspers, does he?
    Most of the people who know about Jaspers know the conditions of how he went out, this otherwise begins to get into "if the character is obscure enough, they are immune to the common knowledge stipulation" which is not what was meant with it when coined.

  10. #25
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Most of the people who know about Jaspers know the conditions of how he went out, this otherwise begins to get into "if the character is obscure enough, they are immune to the common knowledge stipulation" which is not what was meant with it when coined.
    OK. Furry muff.

    In that case, Spectre's doing just as you described.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  11. #26
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,821

    Default

    this goes in spectre's favor

    and jasper's return

    or well the appearance of new jasper's had powered down fury's

    though i liked xenogenesis
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  12. #27
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Most of the people who know about Jaspers know the conditions of how he went out, this otherwise begins to get into "if the character is obscure enough, they are immune to the common knowledge stipulation" which is not what was meant with it when coined.
    Can Spectre destroy enough of a reality in one instant to deprive MJJ of stuff to work with? I mean, Fury didn't bring him to a "fairly big empty part of this dimension", he brought him to a whole new dimension that was totally empty.

  13. #28
    Elder Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    21,991

    Default

    I would say so, sure. Jimmy's reality to work with, as it were, is constrained to the field they're fighting on. Corrigan should be capable of ending reality within that scale.

  14. #29
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Nothing I'll fight for or against, let's just harden the details for NEXT time something like this comes up - I guess it comes down to assuming that either Khazan is a fairly limited pocket dimension susceptible to getting wiped OR that the Khazan "reality" ends at the arena border (Spectre stomp), or that it's on a planet in a big huge ginormous universe leaving MJJ plenty to manipulate and being too big for Spectre to insta-erase (Jaspers with the takedown).

  15. #30
    Elder Member Farealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Farealm
    Posts
    11,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    or that it's on a planet in a big huge ginormous universe leaving MJJ plenty to manipulate and being too big for Spectre to insta-erase (Jaspers with the takedown).
    I get why it's a fair consideration. But i find it a bit unfair to assume that fighters can pull stuff from the arena universe. Though there may be a precendence for it. It just seems...i don't know?
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •