Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nothing I'll fight for or against, let's just harden the details for NEXT time something like this comes up - I guess it comes down to assuming that either Khazan is a fairly limited pocket dimension susceptible to getting wiped OR that the Khazan "reality" ends at the arena border (Spectre stomp), or that it's on a planet in a big huge ginormous universe leaving MJJ plenty to manipulate and being too big for Spectre to insta-erase (Jaspers with the takedown).
    Saying they have some vast unseen world to draw on flies in the face of the whole setup, frankly.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Saying they have some vast unseen world to draw on flies in the face of the whole setup, frankly.
    I get that, but in such a case it should probably be more specifically defined. Or not, since trying to correct the environment for just one guy seems like something silly. In such a case, Jaspers becomes a REALLY bad arena-Rumbles candidate, since someone like Thor would stomp him by blowing up everything in the arena.

Anyway, if we're going with that interpretation, I'm on board with a Spectre takedown using Jaspers' weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I get that, but in such a case it should probably be more specifically defined. Or not, since trying to correct the environment for just one guy seems like something silly. In such a case, Jaspers becomes a REALLY bad arena-Rumbles candidate, since someone like Thor would stomp him by blowing up everything in the arena.

Anyway, if we're going with that interpretation, I'm on board with a Spectre takedown using Jaspers' weakness.
    I think there's a big deffernce between blowing up everything in the arena and wipeing it out of exsitance.
    Last edited by da noble savage; 05-15-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo
    Come vote on the league match of the century.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=379297

Or not, since trying to correct the environment for just one guy seems like something silly.
    Exactly.

I think there's a big deffernce between blowing up everything in the arena and wipeing it out of exsitance.
    Exactly II: Exactly harder.

Well, wiping everything in the arena out of existance, but yeah.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Wiping out reality is arguably ringing yourself out, isn't it?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

You're both still where you are. Reality just is not.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Yes, but if the arena is no longer around you, then you are no longer in it.

Maybe an unnecessarily pedantic bit of a technicality though. :)
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

It seems to be something of a thread theme...

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It seems to be something of a thread theme...
    My bad. Shoulda just let it die. Kinda like Mad Jim himself.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da noble savage View Post
    I'm trying to work out the functional difference between being in a vacuum and being in a void where a universe used to be.

It's not working.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    I'm trying to work out the functional difference between being in a vacuum and being in a void where a universe used to be.

It's not working.
    No technical concept of space or time. No fundamental particles of any type. No energy, no light. Just true nothingness.

I'm aware that a lot of these point may well be contradicted by what was shown in the artwork of Captain Britain but I'm fairly sure that's what they were going for.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    No technical concept of space or time. No fundamental particles of any type. No energy, no light. Just true nothingness.

I'm aware that a lot of these point may well be contradicted by what was shown in the artwork of Captain Britain but I'm fairly sure that's what they were going for.
    Except that space and time are purely defined by the existance of points of reference, meaning that there was space between Jim and the Fury, and time as defined by the differing locations occupied by each as they moved.

I'll accept the fact that the place was clearly ambiently brightly lit as artistic silliness, but they blatantly failed to show an absence of space/time... If they actually managed to send Jim to a place without those concepts, he'd have ceased to meaningfully exist upon arrival rather than needing to be killed.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

I hate to tell you, but comics have depicted outside/no/destroyed reality zones as it were like that on a variety of ocassions. So again, take it up with comic book metaphysics, which does not care about these issues. It is what it is.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It's like when they show you characters hovering near the Sun.

It should be too bright to see (or else verisimilitude/life on Earth wouldn't be sustained), but they need to show stuff to you.