Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hmm. I'm starting to think that we're just listing people a bit at random right now. Let's make a list of those who actually have been able to life the damn thing, besides Thor, by fitting it's description of worthy.

Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Eric Masterson
    Borr
    Buri

Now then. From this list we can confirm a couple of the criteria we already know. Nobility, heroism, generally being a good guy and a skilled warrior, while also enjoying a good fight now and again. To me it also seems like a certain serious disposition in general is required. Which may actually disqualify a number of the suggested people.
    Hercules can lift it as well. I mean, it was a statement and not done, but it was a statement by Thor, who was in the know, at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Which means then Captain America shouldn't of been able to even budge the hammer.
    Yep, in my opinion Capt. America and Superman should not qualify. Not because they are not noble or brave, but because they are not warriors like Thor (Cap is a soldier, different thing). Thor once threw Mjolnir away to have a hand to hand fight with Hulk, which destroyed parts of a small town. When the hammer came back and Hulk taunted him because of that, Thor threw the hammer away once again to continue the fight. Hulk was the one who had enough of the fighting and left.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Yep, in my opinion Capt. America and Superman should not qualify. Not because they are not noble or brave, but because they are not warriors like Thor (Cap is a soldier, different thing). Thor once threw Mjolnir away to have a hand to hand fight with Hulk, which destroyed parts of a small town. When the hammer came back and Hulk taunted him because of that, Thor threw the hammer away once again to continue the fight. Hulk was the one who had enough of the fighting and left.
    Yeah, so it seems Marvel hasn't even bothered to be consistent with the qualities needed to hold the hammer.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

The current senior editor of Marvel is of the mind Captain America would lift it only in times of need.

Basically, be Thor or begone.

And Odin is a nepotistic old geezer, you all need to come to terms with that first.

Quote Originally Posted by HectorP View Post
    The current senior editor of Marvel is of the mind Captain America would lift it only in times of need.

Basically, be Thor or begone.

And Odin is a nepotistic old geezer, you all need to come to terms with that first.
    Well..... it is his hammer so I don't mind if he changes his opinion every now and then.

Always felt that as far as control of the hammer goes it was Odin, Thor then everybody else.
    Last edited by Holy Spirit; 05-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Well..... it is his hammer so I don't mind if he changes his opinion every no and then.

Always felt that as far as control of the hammer goes it was Odin, Thor then everybody else.
    Pretty much. If Odin wants not even Thor can lift the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Pretty much. If Odin wants not even Thor can lift the hammer.
    Odin: The Senile Years Saga
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Odin: The Senile Years Saga
    He actually did this once.

Thor: "Dad, I think you may be taking the wrong attitude in regards to-"

Odin: "Mjolnir: Drop."

*The hammer falls to the ground, tripping Thor over in the process*

Odin: "You were saying?"
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Three Syllables: Na. No. Ha.

Yes, dual-wielding it and Raising Heart adds to the Style Points. And recall that this is a person whose idea of how to convince a sad girl with beautiful eyes to open up to her is the application of mecha-scale directed energy.