Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I wish Jason Aaron (the writer of that issue) would give us his view on this

I have sent him a tweet but I'm still waiting for his reply

According to the Marvel Database, Yahweh/"God" only appearance was in Thor #300. I can't check it.

It's Franklin Richards guys.

There was one. "The creator"

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by EXCELSIOR 2.0 View Post
    It's Franklin Richards guys.
    Who is Franklin Richards?

And what does he have to do with this?
    Last edited by Comicmofo; 05-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Franklin Richards is the son of Sue and Reed, Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic, of the Fantastic Four.

He was an omega level mutant long before the term, and is still generally considered to be the most powerful living being in the universe, as even characters like Galactus are worried about him.

He has previously shown the ability to literally create a universe (Heroes Reborn), as well as time travel and animation on inanimate objects and all sorts of reality warping stuff.

However, I think the poster who mentioned him was joking and that generally in Marvel, whenever it's necessary to meet a monotheistic top 'God,' we hear about 'The One Above All' and it's generally shown to be Jack Kirby or some sort of artist, quite literally creating the Marvel Universe.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Franklin Richards is the son of Sue and Reed, Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic, of the Fantastic Four.

He was an omega level mutant long before the term, and is still generally considered to be the most powerful living being in the universe, as even characters like Galactus are worried about him.

He has previously shown the ability to literally create a universe (Heroes Reborn), as well as time travel and animation on inanimate objects and all sorts of reality warping stuff.

However, I think the poster who mentioned him was joking and that generally in Marvel, whenever it's necessary to meet a monotheistic top 'God,' we hear about 'The One Above All' and it's generally shown to be Jack Kirby or some sort of artist, quite literally creating the Marvel Universe.
    So why in the heck did Jason Aaron make Noh Varr claim that the Kree have a formula which disproves any deity or gods? It just contradicts so much that it makes the writer and the Kree look stupid?

That kind of thing happens all the time with the Marvel/DC system of writing. Is there any piece of previous continuity that HASN'T been contradicted or retconned at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vaiyt View Post
    That kind of thing happens all the time with the Marvel/DC system of writing. Is there any piece of previous continuity that HASN'T been contradicted or retconned at this point?
    I'm sure there has been some continuity that has not lol

But back on topic what do you think marvels official take is on this?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comicmofo View Post
    So why in the heck did Jason Aaron make Noh Varr claim that the Kree have a formula which disproves any deity or gods?
    Because it was just a line to explain why Noh-Varr was immune to Allgod's influence. It didn't work on atheists, and he was saying that the Kree are atheists.

You're reading too much into it.
    Expletive Deleted

So why in the heck did Jason Aaron make Noh Varr claim that the Kree have a formula which disproves any deity or gods? It just contradicts so much that it makes the writer and the Kree look stupid?
    It's worth noting a few things, first, Noh-Varr isn't from the mainstream 616 universe, so it is possible that his Kree are atheists, who have developed a scientific formula which disproves the existence of a creator deity. As such, that is what he believes, ironically enough, with the same faith a religious person would have in their god. Hence why the power wouldn't work on him.

It doesnt matter whether what his universe's Kree believe, as long as Noh-Varr believes it then no religious based power will have influence on him; he has no faith, so the Allgod virus wouldnt work on him.

It doesnt prove that there is no over all creator deity in the Marvel omniverse, simply that Noh-Varr and his Kree don't believe in one.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

So peeps

What do you all think about what Noh Varr said?
    It's kind of a no-brainer that a culture controlled by a sentient AI would determine "mathematically" there was no god as its propaganda. I think the whole entire point of all Kree is that they are wrong about pretty much everything.

Except Mar-Vell, but that's what led him to renounce his heritage.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Who is Franklin Richards?

you need some Fantastic Four in your life
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That Watcher looks really creepy doing and saying that. Like he's about to make the girl become intimately aware of the power of his love weapon.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    It's worth noting a few things, first, Noh-Varr isn't from the mainstream 616 universe, so it is possible that his Kree are atheists, who have developed a scientific formula which disproves the existence of a creator deity
    I don't get what you mean. If the Kree found a mathematical formula that proves there is no creator God, wouldnt that mean there isnt a creator God even in the 616?

Wouldn't it also apply to 616?