14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Will Netflix revive the Trailer Park Boys ?

Netflix is currently moving into new territory...reviving popular shows like Arrested Development and Jericho (its rumored Jericho will return soon by them). The company is moving into doing original programming now and are gonna up that in the next year. So with them doing this for shows so far ... how soon before they approach Mike Clattenburg to revive everyone's favorite dope dealing , trailer park wannabe bad guys ?

It would fit the unique shows that Netflix seems to be targeting now. Plus it would fit in nicely with Arrested Development in new shows to offer.

I know Clattenburg has claimed he really wanted to end the series after the 5th season and only did 2 more years due to network pushing him. By 2014 it will 5 years since we last saw the 3 (after Countdown to Liquor Day movie) . The chance to do a 5 years later movie , catching up on the changes with the guys would be kinda fun. Some of the things...

Trinity - It being 5 years since we last saw her , Trinity would be 18/19 and likely married. The situation as Ricky handles a son-in-law would be unique to see.

Cory/Trevor - Both left for a mental hospital in the 7th season. It can be revealed why they came back and what changes they have been through .

Lucy - Would she still be involved with Ricky ? Or with someone else ?

Barbara Lahey - Is she still with Sam Losco ? Does she still own the trailer park ? Or does someone new own it ? Perhaps...Treena who now herself is an adult runs the Park ?

George Green & Ted Johnston - They were sentenced to 5 years in jail and would be freed around this time. A funny sub-plot would be those 2 coming back , angry at being set up.

There is a lot of things we could see with a 5 years later Trailer Park Boys.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

god i hope this happens. also ricky's old lady had a baby from randy right?? plus i'd want to see what happened to j-rock and his homie.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

I would hope not, not as a series, anyway (wouldn't mind another movie). I loved TPB back in the day, but it definitely went on longer than it should have.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well folks ...The Trailer Park Boys are back ! The series will return after a 5 year break for a new series in 2014 that will air online at a website. Also a 3rd movie is gonna come out as well.

Here is a trailer of clips for the 8th season...

"Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I love that the boys are back.