Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 107
  1. #16
    Veteran Member AdamYJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    WE HAVE SEMI DEFINED CONTINUITY!
    Maybe they're going back to their Silver Age approach to continuity where they used it when it would prove to be a fun story, but ignored it otherwise. I still remember reading a '50s Superman story where it was shown that the former inhabitants of Atlantis were giants and the former inhabitants of Mars were these odd, long-nosed creatures. Needless to say, no one ever informed Aquaman or Martian Manhunter of this.

    Anyway, where's the info about Vibe coming from?
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

    My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

  2. #17
    Michael md62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Anyway, where's the info about Vibe coming from?
    FCBD issue...

  3. #18
    Michael md62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeline View Post
    Why bring him back now?
    I didn't think of this. Why would you pick a character that was never popular instead of other characters that fans can not wait to be revived?

  4. #19
    King of Atlantis Doctor Voodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Vibe makes his DC Nation debut next week...

    And Haters Gonna Hate:






    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I didn't think of this. Why would you pick a character that was never popular instead of other characters that fans can not wait to be revived?
    I think you're really overestimating donna's popularity

    Honestly he's got the potential to actually add to the universe. I mean, 1, DC could really use more latino characters. But 2, his powers are more unique too. Overall he adds more than a character who is exactly the same as wonder woman.

  6. #21
    A member of the X-men Zak213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ny, Ny
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeline View Post
    Its like her own clone
    but why do we need her to be diana's clone or on the justice league?

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeline View Post
    Its like her own clone
    a very good reason to never bring donna back

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    lets also get rid of Wally West too, hes just a clone

  9. #24
    Veteran Member Flashpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    You're about three weeks too late with the outrage, dude.
    Yeah, I just about to say: welcome to last month.

    Whatevs. I love Vibe and it's nice to see DC making a real effort at improving on the racial diversity of their characters.

    Besides, I freakin' loved Justice League Detroit. So Vibe coming back makes me very happy.

  10. #25
    Member Badger1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Yeah, I just about to say: welcome to last month.

    Whatevs. I love Vibe and it's nice to see DC making a real effort at improving on the racial diversity of their characters.

    Besides, I freakin' loved Justice League Detroit. So Vibe coming back makes me very happy.
    Yep, now they need to bring back Gypsy.

  11. #26
    Veteran Member Flashpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    Vibe makes his DC Nation debut next week...

    And Haters Gonna Hate:
    I freaking love the new costume. It is all kinds of awesome!

  12. #27
    Veteran Member Flashpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    Yep, now they need to bring back Gypsy.
    Oh, Geoff Johns would do an amazing job with Gypsy. No doubt about it.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    She was just evidently a place-holder at this point.

    (Besides, could you imagine if Dan Jurgens had actually made her Donna Troy?)
    Wasn't she eventually dyed blond and turned out to be Godiva?

    That said, it's kinda funny Newsarama noted that they had just done one of their countless Top 10 series, this one over 'Most Hated JLA members' and Vibe was number 1.

    Also, while an extremely odd move, it is part of Johns' M.O. of taking obscure joke characters or characters people generally don't give a damn about and give them a serious overhaul, like what happened to Booster Gold. So chances are that this new Vibe will be nothing like the old Vibe (or it will be hinted his previous persona was an act of somekind for some reason).

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Zanzibar
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Oh, Geoff Johns would do an amazing job with Gypsy. No doubt about it.
    isnt Gypsy a derogatory word? Why not have a character called, 'Negro' or an Aboriginal character called 'Indian?'

  15. #30
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Maybe they're going back to their Silver Age approach to continuity where they used it when it would prove to be a fun story, but ignored it otherwise. I still remember reading a '50s Superman story where it was shown that the former inhabitants of Atlantis were giants and the former inhabitants of Mars were these odd, long-nosed creatures. Needless to say, no one ever informed Aquaman or Martian Manhunter of this.

    Anyway, where's the info about Vibe coming from?
    maybe Aquaman is just the midget of Atlantis?

    and it's from free comic book day AdamYJ
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •