Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Spicy redheads... The Thunderbird's Avatar

Is Mara Jade from Star Wars EU a Jean clone? She's a green-eyed redhead with Jedi powers.

"Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."
    -A typical Ork Boss from Warhammer 40,000

So what did y'all think of Jean Grey in the Avengers movie ? She was great, I just wish she had used her powers some more....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    So what did y'all think of Jean Grey in the Avengers movie ? She was great, I just wish she had used her powers some more....
    I thought it was heavily implied the movie was a mindwarp on her part and that all the characters were her construct. Jean was the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post

...and that woman is Jean Grey.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I see the problem here, you have an incorrect understanding of what clone means. It doesn't mean "superficial copy", it means exact duplicate indistinguishable from the original.
    I've already established that I wasn't going by the classical definition.

That said, I don't believe that even perfect genetic duplicates would have the same mind. Genetic clones are superficially identical.
    Last edited by Phoenix Egg; 05-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

BANNED

There's so much projection going on here. I remember a three-month period on CBR when some posters (who shall remain nameless, but obvious) were claiming that Hope had Jean's personality because Jean once broke Sabretooth's leg.

I love how its Jean Grey week, every week on these boards. Fitting for Mother's Day weekend since we are all her children, and you can't hate your mother without hating yourself first. Never change guys, never change.

I only see a small handful of characters as actual Jean clones, so to speak. For me, they have to have similar powers an/or roles, as well as clearly evoke various points in her personality arc.

And of course, being a Jean clone doesn't automatically mean I hate a character. I'm fond of Rachel, Cable, and Madelyne Pryor, each in their own ways.

I only really see Madelyne Pryor, Fraction's Emma Frost, Rachel, X-Man, and Quentin Quire as Jean clones, with QQ leaning more towards the "Dark Phoenix" side of her while nu-Emma leans more towards "Marvel Girl."

Cable feels more like a Scott clone to me.
    Last edited by Ingonyama; 05-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Cable feels more like a Scott clone to me.
    Cable has better people and love-making skills.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Cable has better people and love-making skills.
    Domino knows.

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Domino knows.
    Domino has a wonderfully multi-faceted sexual appetite - enjoying the tender, lay down by the fire, approach offered by Cable, as well as the animalistic, let destroy this hotel room, approach that Logan has to offer.

My definition of a Jean clone is a redhead possessed by the phoenix in an arc we have seen countless times. That is also why it annoys me, it has been done. It really just seems like a cheap attempt to capitalize on the high point of the books without having much to add. Hope is a bit different cause apparently the avengers give a shit now (where were they the last few times a possession happened.?) Fongi just annoys me because it just seems like a sad attempt to associate the phoenix with the avengers by doing Jean's character arc.

It warms my heart how popular Jean Grey still is with all the x-board posters.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    It warms my heart how popular Jean Grey still is with all the x-board posters.
    Agreed. :D

<10char
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Is Mara Jade from Star Wars EU a Jean clone? She's a green-eyed redhead with Jedi powers.

GTFO.

Mara Jade is the Male Skywalker family member bitch. She was an assassin for Darth Vader and married to Luke, who ended up becoming the apprentice to the cloned Emperor Palpatine to "spy on him," yet ended up going Dark side. In fact the shit that happens AFTER episodes 4,5, and 6 are even more stupid than Jar Jar Binks. Leia was the real Last Hope, she never went dark side and never really needed to rely on her force powers or a lightsabre to be a badass paragon of the lightside and ideal political leader/activist. Fuck Sith and Jedi. They both are asshats. Mara Jade is Darth Vader's sloppy seconds that his son decided he'd bag on the side while licking Clone Palpatine's dick.