Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default What Makes a Character a Jean Clone For you?

I know this seems like I'm baiting people, but I'm not really trying to. It bugs me when people claim Hope is one, and though I had the same mindset when she was originally introduced, as they progressed her I changed my opinion, cause she's really nothing like Jean.

Recently, Marvel has introduced another character in New Avengers, that's also getting the same treatment Hope is, if not worse, by the Jean Grey/Phoenix fans, when, aside from being a host to the Phoenix with red hair, she has shown no signs of being like Jean, or looking like her really for that matter.

So I want to know, what do you feel makes a character a Jean copy? is it just the red hair and green eyes? or does just the hair do it for you? is it the Phoenix thing? Must the writers restrain themselves in using it for stories cause it's souly property of Jean's history? Do you feel as much distaste for Maddie, Jean's actual clone? What about do people who dislike Hope and Fongji think of Rachel? Should Marvel stop introducing Red Heads in general or at least stop dressing them in Green/Gold colors?

If they rub me up the wrong way

BANNED

Gingers with weak ankles and violent orgasmic potential.

Mary Jane, Amelia Voght, Colleen Wing, Fongji, Rachel, Siryn, Hope, Black Widow, Medusa, Maddie and Firestar are all Jean Grey clones.
    Last edited by fortyseven; 05-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Emma Frost is just Jean Gray in a wig

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Mary Jane, Amelia Voght, Colleen Wing, Fongji, Rachel, Siryn, Hope, Black Widow, Medusa, Maddie and Firestar are all Jean Grey clones.
    Fish Girl, Dryad, Indra?
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    So's Martin Redmond on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Stein View Post
    Fish Girl, Dryad, Indra?
    Jean Grey does NOT have blue or pointy ears. And she's not a boy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Badger View Post
    So's Martin Redmond on weekends.
    Every day is my wedding day.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I always felt Jean Grey fans should hate Psylocke more. She as totally replaced Jean by biting her power set.

They should despise her with the focused totality of their being.

I don't like Psylocke, she's too reliant on her sword instead of tk and telepathy. Mind over matter...
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

There are no such things as Jean Grey clones. Only Fongji rip-offs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Now Home made ectoplasm, we all know, that's wrong. Emma Frost is Baby Jane who found her way into the Marvel 616 Universe.

See, there she is taking a Frenemies snap shot with Jean Grey at a mall photo booth.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I know this seems like I'm baiting people, but I'm not really trying to. It bugs me when people claim Hope is one, and though I had the same mindset when she was originally introduced, as they progressed her I changed my opinion, cause she's really nothing like Jean.

Recently, Marvel has introduced another character in New Avengers, that's also getting the same treatment Hope is, if not worse, by the Jean Grey/Phoenix fans, when, aside from being a host to the Phoenix with red hair, she has shown no signs of being like Jean, or looking like her really for that matter.

So I want to know, what do you feel makes a character a Jean copy? is it just the red hair and green eyes? or does just the hair do it for you? is it the Phoenix thing? Must the writers restrain themselves in using it for stories cause it's souly property of Jean's history? Do you feel as much distaste for Maddie, Jean's actual clone? What about do people who dislike Hope and Fongji think of Rachel? Should Marvel stop introducing Red Heads in general or at least stop dressing them in Green/Gold colors?
    Same here. I remember in the beginning trying to understand the hate for Hope. I guess Jean being dead, the fans could think that the presence of a new phoenix host undermines Jean's return. Even if that is true (which is not, remember X-Man returning and then Cable too?) that is no excuse for saying things like Hope is a clone or an impostor. Specially when she had a whole series about her growing up, and another one with her being a leader of a team, both PRECIOUS titles.

To answer your question, Jean was a Sue Storm clone in the beginning.

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

Looking like Jean, having the same powers, possibly being related to her, having had at one point almost the same character and being riddiculously attractive to the Phoenix Force: 1 cosmic force picking only female mutants with similar genetic material, powers and looks in a row, fat chance.
    That being sade I don't think Rachel is much of a Jean-clone though she was a replacement at some point. I don't think there really that many characters who could fit all of those criteria, it just seems annoying and forced how they handle those characters, which makes the characters themselves annoying. And that basically brings me to the conclusion that to be referred to/bashed as a Jean clone a character only needs to fulfill the criteria of looking like Jean and being annoying