Default Mike Mignola Interviews John Arcudi and Vice Versa

Mike MignolaRecently we finally came up with a couple of different ways to do stories set during World War II...
    This interests me. Mike Mignola and John Arcudi have spoken in the past about wanting to do a story set during World War II, but since Lobster Johnson died in 1939 and the B.P.R.D. didn't form until 1946, they've never really had the opportunity. I guess they've found a way then. I'll be very interested to see what they've come up with.

It may mean another series with the Prof in lead.

Them interviewing eachother gives it such a fun dynamic I find. As if there might be less "translating to the public" needing to be going on or they could speak more comfortably?

And about the specific decades for setting, I do wonder what pops into people's minds for a setting such as 'World War 2' or 'the 1940s' for an era.
    Or either in my head such stuff seems to easily get mucky a dash.

I mean, I think because I'm Dutch I'd foremostly connect both such to 'war-time occupation' or 'society brought to a screeching halt'.
    Where 'World War 1' in its time seems to have been dictating like an out of control and unwinnable threat as much as WW2 eventhough any of the main battlefield(s) would be somewhat further away.
    Whereas the turn-of-the-century stuff like urbanization/industrialization/modern transportation would really seem to recoil on from the 1900s into the 1940s I guess. Like as if the extent of turn-of-the-century inventions would have been more rather realized or visible much later than when they'd have first come to exist?

I guess I'm saying that dates or timeframes may work extraordinarily, which ain't bad, because at least of course they do work!

Where I live there is a University, springing from what was like a string of science labs and units for both agricultural innovation and applied industrialization. So as of like 1870 there were often a lot of rich dudes (or either just posh - big difference) with quaint facial hair and tacky suits fiddling with tech or either very smelly stuff.
    With even around the same time already, all kinds of blue collar folks having to clean up after them, with going like:
    "Aren't aeroplanes just stupid..." or "I don't believe in Tesla cuz none of that crap actually works" or "If that's gonna be a TV then I ain't ever getting one!"
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-13-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. I hope we see more interviews like this. It was a nice change.