Page 4 of 667 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCard4 View Post
    "No, this is the signal that Arcadia is sending to us, so they are the ones proving something.
    "Fair enough, I suppose." He says.

"Eh, there's no harm in it." Samantha looks over the German. "She might be sending the right signal herself."
    "Probably not, this doesn't seem like a normal school after all. More like an institution. Doesn't mean she has to be extremely formal. It's only the first day."

"Nice to meet you as well, Eisen. So..." Samantha pauses.

I have no idea what to ask these people.

"What's your favorite type of cheese?"
    ...Cheese? Okaaay.

"Um... I like Bleu Cheese, and Havarti. You?"

"Not many kids here have."
    "I doubt many of us will, either."

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Skye zips up the stairs on her hoverboard, and hops off once at the top. She looks around at the group gathered and smiles. "Hi! My name is Skye. Are we all new?" She asks as she packs the 'board in it's case.
    "Yeah, pretty much. Name's Casimir, pleasure to meet you."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCard4 View Post
    "Nice to meet you as well, Eisen. So..." Samantha pauses.

I have no idea what to ask these people.

"What's your favorite type of cheese?"
    Eisen eyes went wide. She seemed dumbfounded. Her grip of the doll tightened.

What do I say?

"How should I know?"

Nobody told me they'd ask questions like this! How do I answer!?

"Just... tell them the truth, I guess."

"I..." Eisen mumbled. "I don't know. I've actually never eaten cheese."
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Having caught her breath and got back some of her energy, Vivian slowly stood up. "Greetings peeps," she said out loud, introducing herself to whoever might hear, "I'm Vivian P. Baad, so pleased to meet all of you. I know we shall all have an exciting year here at Arcadia!"
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by JianGeGe View Post
    "Seems to be the case." Richard smiled, "Kinda good to see that the stairs haven't completely killed us off. I think we might just survive this. Although," Richard chuckled eyeing the hoverboard, "I guess that there made the hike a whole lot more bearable."
    She grins like an idiot. "Yeah, I just got it. The Hovmeister 3000, latest model and very cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "You know, considering we're all introducing ourselves I think that'd be the obvious, Skye" King told her
    Skye shrugs. "I just got here, so I kinda missed the round-robin intro group hug session. Let me guess, you're Mr. Grumpypants?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    "I think in a place like this? We all must be new, in order to be trained the correct way." :Puts on his hat and shuts up.:
    "I guess so. Anyway, nice to meet you, ...?" She states, fishing for his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Eisen eyes went wide. She seemed dumbfounded. Her grip of the doll tightened.

What do I say?

"How should I know?"

Nobody told me they'd ask questions like this! How do I answer!?

"Just... tell them the truth, I guess."

"I..." Eisen mumbled. "I don't know. I've actually never eaten cheese."
    "Are you lactose intolerant?" Vivian asked, dumbfounded. How can someone have not had cheese? "Vegan?"
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Having caught her breath and got back some of her energy, Vivian slowly stood up. "Greetings peeps," she said out loud, introducing herself to whoever might hear, "I'm Vivian P. Baad, so pleased to meet all of you. I know we shall all have an exciting year here at Arcadia!"
    Casimir chuckles, "I think it will be very interesting. Name is Casimir, nice to meet you Vivian."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I don't usually like things that leave a bad first impression on me. Hikes have definitely left a bad first impression on me." She declared, picking up her travel bag which she had discarded in her near-tumble. "I'm Rosemary" The girl replied, but felt a need to give her full name to Eisen in some sense of trying to match herself to the seemingly superhuman one. "Rosemary Brielle Vargreaves."
    Eisen smiled warmly. "Hello, Rosemary. I hope we'll get along."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "My sympathies, miss."

A poor little orphan girl, I wonder how she ended up coming to this school, perhaps she is homeless? In that case it is my duty to make sure she is delivered to a place where she can be properly cared for. I will simply have to accept whatever punishment the institute seems fit to give me for my tardiness.

"Well then, come along miss, we can't very well have a little girl wandering around alone, I will see to it that you are delivered to you proper guardians immediately!" Marko declared, grabbing ahold of Eisen's hands and leading her towards the steps.
    "But I just got here," Eisen protested, clearly confused by this turn of events. "I was asked to come here. Required, even." She held up her acceptance letter. "See?"
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-11-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Selma sighed as she reached the top of the stairs, stretching her arms above her head as she looked around at her classmates, several of whom had been complaining about the walk up the stairs. Shaking her head, she thought 'Bunch'a babies, whining 'bout a little hike. They'd never last a day on tha family farm.'

Strolling into the crowd, she looked at her new classmates, smiled, raised a hand in a wave, and said "Howdy! Name's Selma St. Johns! Pleasure ta meet all of ya!"
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

She grins like an idiot. "Yeah, I just got it. The Hovmeister 3000, latest model and very cool."
    "Doesn't that kind of defeat the spirit of the hike?" Vivian asked. If the journey didn't matter she could have just taken a helicopter here. Or something more advanced...

Skye shrugs. "I just got here, so I kinda missed the round-robin intro group hug session. Let me guess, you're Mr. Grumpypants?"

"Axel, Axel Rotor. Yeah it is a crappy name. Your name?" :He looks to her. She was pretty. But he was a breast man.:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post

"Yeah, pretty much. Name's Casimir, pleasure to meet you."
    Skye offers a hand. "Very nice to meet you, too."

"Hi Viv! Good to see you. I'm Skye."

She asks the group, "Does anyone know anybody else who has gone here? My Top-Search for Arcadia came back with surprisingly few hits."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir chuckles, "I think it will be very interesting. Name is Casimir, nice to meet you Vivian."
    "Please, call me Vi," she said, smiling. "Nice to meet you as well, Casimir."

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Sloane loomed over the students, soaking in the fruits of their conversations.

He wanted to puke already.

"Goddamn, this is boring."

Compared to running around for his life, of course. And the daily work at his shop. A good kind of boring, for the most part. This stagnant atmosphere wasn't illegal or life threatening, which was more than he could say for some of these people's personalities.

There has to be some kind of law against being so dumb. There has to be.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

"Naw that name is too long, I'm King" he told Skye, playing with his chain
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

"Are you lactose intolerant?" Vivian asked, dumbfounded. How can someone have not had cheese? "Vegan?"
    "...Um, no, and what is vegan?" Eisen replied.

They keep asking these strange questions! This is all so confusing.

"I don't believe we are introduced," she added. "I'm Eisen Marionette Coppelia Schneider. A pleasure to meet you!"
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck