Page 24 of 667 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

Ember relaxed and took a seat on a large rock to relax as she enjoyed the breeze. Picking up a smaller rock, she squeezed and crushed it in her hand.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

"Few generations, at least. Know mah gran'pa, great gran'pa, and great great gran'pa grew up working on it, don't know if great great great gran'pa grew up working on it, or if he was the one who bought it." Selma replied.

I'm liking this girl more, and more

"I know how it is to have a family run operation." Norma answered as she unslung her guitar. "A lot of responsibility, and a legacy to live up to.." she began to strum some chords. "If your not careful, the stress of something like that can crush you like a wine glass"
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    "Yeah...still, it wasn't worth it. I had to go to juvenile detention and had to give up my pony as punishment for it," she said, frowning.
    "Well, Ah reckon that's tha price ya pay when ya get thrills doin' illegal stuff." Selma said with a shrug.

"Could you help me up?" she asked. "Getting up is the hardest bit after one of these...attacks," she finished.
    "Sure thing." Selma said, leaning down and carefully helping Vi to her feet. After a few moments, she slowly let go and asked "So, can ya stand on yer own?"
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"What part of I'm not arguing with you did you not understand? I'm sorry that you've apparently been witness to so much death and tragedy. And I'm sorry that there's so much suffering in the world. But I haven't added to it. Hell, my family has spent billions every year trying to combat such messed up tragedies, trying to make life better for everyone. You can't judge me just because I'm rich. You can't judge me just because I haven't suffered like you. You can't judge me because I'm still alive. I'm not going to have this discussion with you, I have better things to do than get angry and make my heart race and leave me breathless. Not that you care I just fell on my ass for getting so upset. I'm not going to apologize for not taking your crap, nor am I going to apologize that my family has a lot of money. Get over yourself. The world doesn't owe you a thing. So it's messed up and people suffer and die, that's no excuse to give up and be a jerk. You do the right thing, even if it kills you. You stand up for what you believe in. You treat people better than they deserve, and certainly better than you think you deserve. Because as bad as the world is, that's no excuse to make it worse. You think I don't appreciate things? I appreciate every day I'm alive, because I can't tell you how many surgeries I had, or how many times my darn heart has nearly given up on me. Every day is a gift. Even when your chest hurts, even when your groggy and stuck in bed for days on end. So don't cry to me about how unfair the world is. You don't like it, do what I do and use everything you got trying to make it better. Now leave me alone before you really get my blood pressure up."

"Will somebody help me back up?"
    "Make it better? What have you done? Really, I'd love to know. Your family does the work, not you. And you're speaking to me of 'standing up for what you believe in'. You haven't done more than pay lip service, as far as I know. Meanwhile, us little folks can't fight to make things better without dying. You'd love to see us die, wouldn't you? Applaud us for being martyrs for your cause, huh? Oh, wait. I wasn't exaggerating. 'Do the right thing, even if it kills you'. Really. That's what you'll tell us. How inspiring." Sloane clapped mockingly.

"Let me set the facts straight. I hate you because you can say that and mean it. I'm not telling you to do more than understand. Yes, I'd love to see you taken down a few notches. But that's secondary. I could sleep at night if you weren't reduced a crying pile of jelly. But hearing you spout your ideal like that? Back it up with actions. Prove to me that you've done more than talk gibberish."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    I'm liking this girl more, and more

"I know how it is to have a family run operation." Norma answered as she unslung her guitar. "A lot of responsibility, and a legacy to live up to.." she began to strum some chords. "If your not careful, the stress of something like that can crush you like a wine glass"
    "Yeah, but mah Dad says that's why ya need a good family ta help ya. Make sure that ya don't get in over ya head and get all stressed out." Selma replied with a nod.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

A triumphant roar resounded. Anyone turning to look would see a panting but triumphant girl, happy to have made it to the top of the stairs.

"That was awesome! I should do that every morning."

She put her hands on her hips and savoured the moment, breathing in the fresh mountain air as she surveyed her new school. The teachers seemed to be letting them wait for now. Time to start making friends then. Who should she talk to first?

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post

A triumphant roar resounded. Anyone turning to look would see a panting but triumphant girl, happy to have made it to the top of the stairs.

She put her hands on her hips and savoured the moment, breathing in the fresh mountain air as she surveyed her new school. The teachers seemed to be letting them wait for now. Time to start making friends then. Who should she talk to first?
    "Oh hey, you finally made it." Ember said to her.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Casimir stood up and cracked his back, "Glad to see you finally made it." He smiled, "Name is Casimir. Pleasure."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"Sorry to hear it. There's a number for Baad Industries in the yellow pages though, you could call them. A representative would show up, and from what you told me I'm sure they'd okay ya'll for some funding," Vi said.
    "Thanks," Boss smiled, though his tone made him seem slightly, unsure.

"Awesome isn't exactly what I'd describe it as, but hey..." Boss laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Well, Ah reckon that's tha price ya pay when ya get thrills doin' illegal stuff." Selma said with a shrug.
    "Yep. But I'm a lawful citizen now," she said.

"Sure thing." Selma said, leaning down and carefully helping Vi to her feet. After a few moments, she slowly let go and asked "So, can ya stand on yer own?"
    "Yeah, just have to be careful," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Make it better? What have you done? Really, I'd love to know. Your family does the work, not you. And you're speaking to me of 'standing up for what you believe in'. You haven't done more than pay lip service, as far as I know. Meanwhile, us little folks can't fight to make things better without dying. You'd love to see us die, wouldn't you? Applaud us for being martyrs for your cause, huh? Oh, wait. I wasn't exaggerating. 'Do the right thing, even if it kills you'. Really. That's what you'll tell us. How inspiring." Sloane clapped mockingly.

"Let me set the facts straight. I hate you because you can say that and mean it. I'm not telling you to do more than understand. Yes, I'd love to see you taken down a few notches. But that's secondary. I could sleep at night if you weren't reduced a crying pile of jelly. But hearing you spout your ideal like that? Back it up with actions. Prove to me that you've done more than talk gibberish."
    "I don't have to prove a damn thing to you. I might not be able to do much, but I do what I can. I recycle, I donate clothes and items I no longer need, I donate blood regularly, when I can I speak out about whatever bad things I see, and in juvy I got stabbed by another kid for sticking up for somebody. I used to read to a blind kid in the hospital. I hold doors open for people. I got punched in the face in second grade by Allison Drake when I told her to leave the smaller kids alone. One year I helped build a house for a poor family. I spent a summer volunteering at an old folks home. I raised money to get bullet proof vests for police dogs. Maybe that's not a big deal to you, but every chance I get I try to make somebody's life a little better, every time I see someone being mistreated I stand up for them, and I've scars to prove it. What have you done?"
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "Oh hey, you finally made it." Ember said to her.
    She grinned, scratching the back of her head.

"Doing push-ups halfway up kinda takes the wind out of you early."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Casimir stood up and cracked his back, "Glad to see you finally made it." He smiled, "Name is Casimir. Pleasure."
    "Ogawa. Kyra Ogawa. The pleasure is mine," She bowed, drops of sweat dripping from her brow.

"I hope the poor sods who carried our luggage didn't have to hike up these steps."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Thanks," Boss smiled, though his tone made him seem slightly, unsure.
    "I could get you in contact with some people if you want. I could ask dad to look into it, he's always pleased when I show initiative in this sort of thing," Vi offered.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

She grinned, scratching the back of her head.

"Doing push-ups halfway up kinda takes the wind out of you early."
    (And now I want to fight her even more.) "Yeah, that makes sense."
    My RPG Site!

"Ogawa. Kyra Ogawa. The pleasure is mine," She bowed, drops of sweat dripping from her brow.
    He returns the bow, with a smile.

"I hope the poor sods who carried our luggage didn't have to hike up these steps."[/QUOTE]

Having carried his, he scratches his head and says, "There were people that carried luggage?"
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    He returns the bow, with a smile.

Having carried his, he scratches his head and says, "There were people that carried luggage?"
    Kyra nodded.

"Daddy figured that with all that fancy government money being thrown around, they'd have that service. We called and asked; no problem. Someone came by yesterday to pick up my stuff."