Page 45 of 667 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "If only that was true for all things."
    "Agreed." Samantha looks happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCard4 View Post
    Samantha watches Moira with interest.

"Oh, I've heard of you. Nice to meet you, ma'am." Samantha walks (not blurs) over to her and offers her a hand. "Samantha."
    Moira smiled and shook the hand as she asked "Moira. And you've heard of me? Is it from my shipping business? Got a commercial you know, and I do quite a bit of business all over Eden! Why, I remember this one time where there was a guy who wanted me to deliver a package to the worst section of Section 13. Long story short, chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies."
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by Inverse Genesis View Post
    Caught completely off guard, Paul's heart lightened immediately at finding a friendly place here of all places. Clapping Richard on the back a couple times, he retreated out of the embrace to look him over, and to give a polite nod to the slip of a girl standing near as well.

"Can't say it's anything I expected, but it's a smaller world than we think, eh? It's great to see a familiar face again, ain't seen one since I ever since I left home, it feels like." Turning his head, habitual courtesy brought his manners to the fore as he turned to the only other nearby presence, extending his hand to shake as he introduced himself, "Paul Tull. Guess we'll be schoolmates for the foreseeable future; here's hoping we won't have to go up and down those stairs too often. I was worried that I might have gotten stuck in some sort of loop for awhile there, endlessly running forever."
    "Well, you're here now, and since it doesn't look like anybody's going to be bossing us around for awhile, how about I introduce you to a few folks I've already met. You already know Skye, of course." Richard motioned to Skye, before leading Paul to another familiar figure in the crowd of students that had gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yeah...the only things I know about are from books, movies, and what my family has told me."

His apology was met by a silent stare for a moment, only before she slowly nodded. "It's all right. I'm sorry I reacted so...harshly."
    "And this lovely lady over here is Rosemary Vargreaves. Came all the way here by herself from Sector One. Rose, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine. Paul Tull of Sector Number Seven. I hope you'll both get along."

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    "They won't try again, but they're already doomed," Vi said.

"I'd like that," Vi said.
    "Cool, if ya'll want to spar I'd be happy too," Vi said.
    He nodded.

After thinking about it for a second, he then asked, "Obviously all of us aren't normal, otherwise we'd still be in civilization... So other than you're love of the Sword, what can you do?"
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

"I don't look down on you. Why, why do you keep thinking I'm looking down on everyone? And I never said I've 'done so much,' merely that I do what I can, and I think everyone has the responsibility to do what they can. And no one is 'underneath' me. But you know what? I'm done with you. You obviously have some sort of martyr complex, a stick up your butt, and some weird obsession with class warfare and hatred of the rich. Well guess what, I'm not going to feed your weird egomania or psychosis or whatever it is. No one person can change the world. But I'm a good person, and I try my best. I don't need to defend myself to you, and I'm done trying. You want someone to endlessly argue with and belittle? You want to call someone smug and arrogant, you go find a real smug son of a bitch. But I'm not this pushy little princess you think I am, so you can go take a flying leap. 'Oh poor me, why won't everyone agree how right I am about the rich little snobs,'" she said, trying to mimic his deeper voice. "Get over yourself. Just because the world ain't paradise doesn't give you the right to condemn everyone who isn't suffering. You might not be all bad, but you're still a self-righteous jerk. So so long. Come back when you've learned to treat people with some manners, cause I'm done trying to get through to you," Vi said, turning around and storming off. "And don't try following me or talking to me!"

Eisen had been idly observing the others from the sidelines, trying her best to figure out just what everyone was talking about but just ended up growing confused. She sighed after Vivian delivered her rant.

Sloane isn't making himself very popular, is he?

"I'm beginning to think that while he may be a reliable friend, actually reaching that stage is the really tricky part."

Yeah. Wonder if I just got lucky somehow?
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-12-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Moira smiled and shook the hand as she asked "Moira. And you've heard of me? Is it from my shipping business? Got a commercial you know, and I do quite a bit of business all over Eden! Why, I remember this one time where there was a guy who wanted me to deliver a package to the worst section of Section 13. Long story short, chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies."
    "More like I heard you are an insane being with vast power who has been hanging around Arcadia for some time. But yes, your business. Seen you around before, but never for long, you get around a lot. Your commercial? I believe it is horrible, but that's just me."

Paradise. How fucking funny.

Sloane narrowed his eyes. Baad was going to get hers if she didn't learn why she was wrong.

She tries her best, and that's all she can produce? Trashy, useless idiot. Oh, her parents seem pretty good. But how did they spawn a piece of shit like her? I suppose I'll never know.
    God what an evil fucking bastard, I just want to wring his neck and burn the remains, Vi thought, quietly, practically steaming. How can anyone be so damned arrogant? What a useless whiny bitch. "Argh! Jerk's got me cussing, even if it is silently. What a pathetic jerk. If he doesn't learn a lesson, someone's bound to get angry and F him the hell up some day...kind of hope I'm there to see it happen."

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    "So that's your power too, eh?"
    "Less power and more trying to be somewhat observant. We'll see," she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    He nodded.

After thinking about it for a second, he then asked, "Obviously all of us aren't normal, otherwise we'd still be in civilization... So other than you're love of the Sword, what can you do?"
    "I'm fast and I have fire powers. Basic fire aura and fire balls really," she said.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

"Agreed." Samantha looks happy about that.
    "Heh. Looks like we're not completely different." Sloane adjusted his apron with a smirk.

God what an evil fucking bastard, I just want to wring his neck and burn the remains, Vi thought, quietly, practically steaming. How can anyone be so damned arrogant? What a useless whiny bitch. "Argh! Jerk's got me cussing, even if it is silently. What a pathetic jerk. If he doesn't learn a lesson, someone's bound to get angry and F him the hell up some day...kind of hope I'm there to see it happen."

Eisen approached the girl, looking concerned. "Vivian, was is? Are you alright?"
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

"More like I heard you are an insane being with vast power who has been hanging around Arcadia for some time. But yes, your business. Seen you around before, but never for long, you get around a lot. Your commercial? I believe it is horrible, but that's just me."
    "Are you new to this whole 'making a good first impression' thing, or just terrible at it?" Moira asked, and Selma replied "From what Ah've seen, she's just plain awful at it."
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

"I'm fast and I have fire powers. Basic fire aura and fire balls really," she said.
    "Hm, makes sense. You do seem to be pretty firey."
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

With her current conversations finished, Norma decided to take a little seat on a near by rock and began to pluck at her guitar.
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by JianGeGe View Post
    "And this lovely lady over here is Rosemary Vargreaves. Came all the way here by herself from Sector One. Rose, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine. Paul Tull of Sector Number Seven. I hope you'll both get along."
    "Nice to meet you, Mr. Tull." She greeted with a smile, happy to welcome any of Richard's friends.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

"Are you new to this whole 'making a good first impression' thing, or just terrible at it?" Moira asked, and Selma replied "From what Ah've seen, she's just plain awful at it."
    "Was any of that true?" Keldian inquired idly, making himself comfortable with a seat against a pillar.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

"Heh. Looks like we're not completely different." Sloane adjusted his apron with a smirk.
    "I agree. We're both men after all, right?"
    "She is right. Awful beyond par."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    With her current conversations finished, Norma decided to take a little seat on a near by rock and began to pluck at her guitar.
    Samantha looks surprised, glancing over at Norma.