Page 1 of 667 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Default School House Rumbles 3: Act 1, Cadet

Arcadia. Off in a portion of privately owned land in Sector 9, Arcadia is the oldest of the eight academies and the one with the most land. It even has a small wooded area, a rarity in Eden outside parks. This is due to old agreements between the first head instructor at Arcadia and the government over 600 years ago, when Arcadia was first formed. The place is surprisingly large, for a non-government run or apartment building, and it seems to have about it the ghost of years passed, despite the fact that it was clean as a whistle everywhere they looked.

None of this means much, however, to the exhausted group of teenagers who just hiked up the long-ass steps to the main pavilion/central area, following the instructions left to them in their acceptance letters.
    So now they find themselves standing around, having never met before, and waiting for their instructor to show up.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell's Brigade; 05-11-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Wrong title.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post

Arcadia. Off in a portion of privately owned land in Sector 9, Arcadia is the oldest of the eight academies and the one with the most land. It even has a small wooded area, a rarity in Eden outside parks. This is due to old agreements between the first head instructor at Arcadia and the government over 600 years ago, when Arcadia was first formed. The place is surprisingly large, for a non-government run or apartment building, and it seems to have about it the ghost of years passed, despite the fact that it was clean as a whistle everywhere they looked.

None of this means much, however, to the exhausted group of teenagers who just hiked up the long-ass steps to the main pavilion/central area, following the instructions left to them in their acceptance letters.
    So now they find themselves standing around, having never met before, and waiting for their instructor to show up.
    "Finally....finally...here." Ember Thorn panted as she sat down for a break.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Kingston was tired, and kinda pissed. First off, who the #)## makes these steps so damn long and exhausting just to GET to the pavilion? He was a bit irked that he had to go here and now he was surrounded by a bunch of random folks?

It couldn't be all bad for him though, maybe some of them are cool. He turned to the rest of the group, waving his chain and asked "So uh, I take it you guys are gonna be my classmates? I'm King, that's my name" he told the group. He didn't like going by Kingston cause who names their child after the place they were born?"
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Samantha Van Clef was first up the steps.

It wasn't a wise choice. Not really. She did not know what the first day would be like, at Arcadia. She might have done something stupid and made things harder than it had to be, using more speed than she should have.

But in the end, life is too short to waste on such things, even for the fastest girl in class. Samantha was able, just for a moment, to glance back down at the entire class before they arrived. For just one moment, she was the first and only member of her class in Arcadia.

It was worth it.

Samantha looked down at all of them, her eyes darting quickly, catching each face.

Then she spun on her heels, and let her eyes take in her new school.

:The whole time he did not have his I-Pod, noir his knive collection. He sighs as he got up to the top of the stairs with his fellow "class mates.":

:Then he spoke.:

"About.. time.. we got here, I mena damnit! Are they trying to kill us with them damn stairs!? I bet there are booby traps to get us when we are not paying attention."

:Catching his breath. Getting the nerve to continue. So he does. Heading for the building as he spoke up.: "Charge! Let's go battle monkeys!" :He gave them all that nick name, as he walks with a fast pace. Towards the buildings. Hopes osme staff will help them out.:

: This better be good. He was not there by choice.:

Prologue:
    Rosemary Vargreaves
    ------------------------

It was a beautiful day at the Vargreaves manor, but while the home appeared to have all the stylings of British homes of old, it was merely cosmetic for it was just as technologically advance as everything else in this world, including the controls from which created such a lovely day. Although artifical, it did not stop two people in particular from having their tea out in the back. An elderly woman lazily stirred her cup with a content smile, only to notice that the middle-aged man across from her seemed to be in a deep depression.

"The windows can easily be replaced, Duncan." She said in a chiding manner before she took a sip of her tea. A brief glance upward and she caught a glimpse of some of the jagged remains of what was once the second story's windows. Duncan sighed before he cradled his face with one hand. "It's not that mother and you know it." Another sigh, "Why did it have to be Rosemary? We can't have a Matron who insists that her imaginary friends are real. Why can't she be more like Renee-- Ow!" Cut off short, he quickly grabbed his right hand and began rubbing the back of it. Glancing up to his mother, he saw that she was pointing the same tea spoon she had smacked his hand with at his face. "Listen here, Duncan. Renee is Renee and Rosemary is Rosemary. I know you had high hopes for Renee, but Rosemary is also your daughter. Stop treating her like some burdensome stranger." Visibly annoyed, the older woman gave her own sigh. "I don't know what is going on in your and Rachel's heads." An awkward silence fell between mother and son, the two of them taking sips of their tea. Duncan knew his mother was right, but he just couldn't think of a way to connect to his youngest daughter. The girl lived in her own little world that made no sense to him. His thoughts were disrupted once more, but this time by a member of his house's staff.

"Mr. Vargreaves, you have visitors."

"Let them in." He was in no mood for guests, but it had to be important if they showed up physically. The staff member left with a nod and vanished into the house, only to return moments later with a man and a woman. The man wore a long coat over a laxly donned button-up shirt and slacks and possessed very distinctive Asian features, while the much-younger woman seemed to be the complete opposite. He didn't like this. "Welcome, I am Duncan Vargreaves. How can I help you?" The man withdrew a badge and his blood ran cold: they were the Eden Bureau of Investigations. "Daozen Simms, E.B.I. Empowered Citizen Unit and this is my partner, Sabrina Brandt. There have been reports of a commotion here, and from what I see." Daozen pointed to the windows, "It appears they were right."

"It was an accident, nothing more. I'm not sure why they would send an unit devoted to the empowered over such a trivial thing." Daozen smirked and took to rubbing his scuffy whiskered chin. "An accident, eh? Doesn't look like an 'accident' to me. Then again, we're here because Sabrina here has a unique ability: she can sense other empowered." A soft chuckle was given from the investigator as he turned away, no doubt planning to continue tearing apart Duncan's lie. Unfortunately, someone else would beat him to it. "Duncan, who's out there? It's about Rosemary, isn't it?" He visibly winced as his wife Rachel gave everything away. Shaking his head softly, he could only admit defeat. "What do you plan to do?" Maria Vargreaves, Duncan's mother, asked, finally making her presence known once more. "Surely you don't plan to punish a girl just because she had an accident with a power she didn't know existed?" With his game up, Daozen withdrew a small pamphlet and placed it on the table. "It depends on how strong her powers are, but regardless, you'll have to send her to one of the academies. Here's some information on the closest one, Arcadia." Glancing up to her partner, he gave a small nod. "Sabrina will evaluate your daughter's power."

"Mother said you wanted to see me?" A meek voice sounded past the threshold of the patio in the house. "Am I in trouble?" "No, child. These two are here to see you." Maria said calmly, trying to coax the girl's anxieties. "Why don't you come out her with us?"

"Out there?" Bewilderment colored Rosemary's question, as if the concept of there being a world outside the door was completely unheard of. Daozen raised a brow before turning to Duncan, who only sighed once more. "Yes, come out here." He confirmed. The girl edged her way toward the doorway and reluctantly stepped out as if expecting this was some sort of trap. There was none and her eyes grew wide as she stood underneath the open expanses of the sky of Eden. The girl's behavior, while odd to Daozen, did not seem to visibly sway Sabrina as she approached the younger one. "Hello there."

"Hello."

"Don't be afraid and relax."

The command was confusing, and it fact led to opposite results as Sabrina's eyes began to glow a bright pink. Placing her hands on Rosemary's shoulders, the young girl felt a surge of power run through her small frame. It was too much and too sudden for her to take, and with a scream, her powers were unleashed. Emerging behind her came forth two beings --one made of water and the other of wind--, who struck at Sabrina, but the agent's hands had already left Rosemary's shoulders and casually intercepted the elemental's inhuman fists. Only then could they see a small bit of emotion from Sabrina, a soft smile, as she spoke. "She has quite the potential." The glow of her eyes ceased, as did Rosemary's power, leaving the suddenly exhausted girl to collapse into Sabrina's open arms.

"What did you do to my daughter?!" Duncan roared, preparing to confront the woman, only to be intercepted by to extension of Daozen's arm. "Relax. She simply coerced her powers to come forth to measure them. After some rest, your daughter will be fine." He bit back on his rage and could only hope that this growing sensation of dread was only from his imagination.

TO BE CONTINUED IN...

School House Rumbles 3
    The Reborn Age of Fighters

Possessing a body only used to indoor exercise, it was poorly equipped to deal with such a trek, such knowledge was visible by the time she had arrived. Heavy in breath and slick with sweat, the young girl struggled just to look up from the ground towards the others as she dragged herself to the pavilion. Envy filled her as she took note of how they didn't seem that bad compared to her. Their first impression of her was probably horrible.

She wanted to cry.

No, no...I can do this.

She straightened up, taking in a deep breath as she prepared herself. Wiping her sweat matted bangs from her face, she took a step towards her new classmates. "Hi, I'm--!?" Her unsteady legs brought her face-first into the ground.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 06-15-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Possessing a body only used to indoor exercise, it was poorly equipped to deal with such a trek, such knowledge was visible by the time she had arrived. Heavy in breath and slick with sweat, the young girl struggled just to look up from the ground towards the others as she dragged herself to the pavilion. Envy filled her as she took note of how they didn't seem that bad compared to her. Their first impression of her was probably horrible.

She wanted to cry.

No, no...I can do this.

She straightened up, taking in a deep breath as she prepared herself. Wiping her sweat matted bangs from her face, she took a step towards her new classmates. "Hi, I'm--!?" Her unsteady legs brought her face-first into the ground.
    Her face never connected. A blur of speed caught her and an arm was suddenly supporting her.

"Samantha." The blond girl carrying the weaker one offered by way of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    :The whole time he did not have his I-Pod, noir his knive collection. He sighs as he got up to the top of the stairs with his fellow "class mates.":

:Then he spoke.:

"About.. time.. we got here, I mena damnit! Are they trying to kill us with them damn stairs!? I bet there are booby traps to get us when we are not paying attention."

:Catching his breath. Getting the nerve to continue. So he does. Heading for the building as he spoke up.: "Charge! Let's go battle monkeys!" :He gave them all that nick name, as he walks with a fast pace. Towards the buildings. Hopes osme staff will help them out.:

: This better be good. He was not there by choice.:
    battle monkeys? #)# is he thinking King thought to himself after his introduction

While the climb had tired him out more than he cared to admit, Marko nevertheless stood at attention, he shield clipped to his back and his truncheon hooked to his belt. He held his modest bags under his left arm, which contained only a few essentials, a few changes of clothes, toiletries, and a single keepsake, nestled safely away between two pairs of underwear.

He briefly looked around the school. It was a doubtless a great honor to attend such a prestigious institution, yet still he felt an unpleasant tug in his heart, which he decided to ignore.

Turning his attention from the academy itself he turned to face the other students, many of whom were already here, yet he guessed that the majority had yet to arrive. I'm not sure about the protocol here, I suppose simple polite acknowledgement shall do for now, allowing others to initiate more intricate introductions at their leisure. It always pays to be polite.

Marko nodded to the group and gave them a brief smile before once more standing at full attention.

:Axel gives a thumbs up to Marko. For he smiled and was amongst them. His prize collection of knives were gone, sent to staff rooms. All he had beside that were six sets of clothes based on his mood.:

:He looks to the super speed. Ponders how she is not burnt out yet from the super moving. Oh well this will be interesting after all.:

Vivian P. Baad reached the top of the steps, breathing heavily. It had taken more out of her than the others. But she had to be as good as the rest of them, and she made it without any help. "Ha...ho...ah," she breathed in. "So this is the place. Hello Arcadia.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Mack lounged against a tree, absently chewing on a twig as he scanned the other students and looked for possible escape routes. The climb had been arduous, but he'd spent long days on foot before. This didn't even compare.

"Pssht! They were so set on getting us all here, and now they want us to wait around for 'em? Figures." he groused.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

OT: As always in my games, this is introduction part. Before you wander about the place, talk to the other posters and get to know each other. No violence, threats, or anything like that between characters this early, please.

And, again, no wandering off just yet to explore. Gulliver will be along shortly once the majority have had time to introduce each other and talk amongst themselves.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Mack lounged against a tree, absently chewing on a twig as he scanned the other students and looked for possible escape routes. The climb had been arduous, but he'd spent long days on foot before. This didn't even compare.

"Pssht! They were so set on getting us all here, and now they want us to wait around for 'em? Figures." he groused.
    "Some ol' bull#)#() right? make us walk up those long ass stairs to get here, then wait for them? Aren't they teachers? shouldn't they be here before us?

:Axel looks about his class mates, he spoke up.:

"My name is Axel, who are you guys?" :Just decides to break some ice, hey he is not polite. Not a surprise due to background.: