Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - May 11, 2012

Marvel E-i-C Axel Alonso discusses how "Avengers" stars like Agent Coulson and one more player are making their mark on the Marvel U and Garth Ennis and Alan Davis' plans for "FuryMAX" and "ClanDestine." Plus exclusive art!

Full article here.

BANNED

AWWWWW i Really Hoped we would get some more art from Oliver Coipel from AvX :(

who Is This???
    i bet its the fool that turns black widow against Bucky
    If they give black widow a twin brother that also is immortal i just........... i have no qlue how to react to that :/

Yay for some ClanDestine action
    Lost In Limbo

BANNED

And of course he’s one of those little details that someone who saw the movie will appreciate if they pick up a Marvel Comic for the first time.

I'm sure they'd appreciate a more reasonable price point more.

Seriously though does anyone feel like the older ginger step child when a new baby is born.....

It's amazing the lengths Marvel have gone to for a pretty much proven next to non existent new reader coming in from the movie. Thanos, Black Fury, Coulson, Avengers Assemble. Hell I'm amazed they didn't kill Jarvis off and replace him with a AI system.

But you know what, maybe they should put as much effort into keeping the few remaining readers they already have. Because once AvX is over their top selling book will still be doing 50k or so, with none of the millions of people who have watched the film making a difference.

Seriously to hear Wacker speak about Marvels current long term loyal readers is that they don't need us and will get by just fine without us. Whereas the random rare person that may wander into a comic shop and may pick up one issue and one issue only of a comic book gets the whole Marvel Universe tailored for them.

Tell me they haven't got this completely backwards.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 05-11-2012 at 03:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DBrewer75 View Post
    Yay for some ClanDestine action
    agreed, that said Davis's Art isnt Wowing me here (hopfuly the interiors will be better and so will thor evreything burns arc) and im not really happy will some of the clan destined's redesgins, however slight they may be. cuckoo better as hell still have an exposed thigh Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    But you know what, maybe they should put as much effort into keeping the few remaining readers they already have.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what all those books they put out suppose to be doing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    agreed, that said Davis's Art isnt Wowing me here (hopfuly the interiors will be better and so will thor evreything burns arc) and im not really happy will some of the clan destined's redesgins, however slight they may be. cuckoo better as hell still have an exposed thigh Dammit!
    And that in a nutshell sums up your typical Marvel fan.

Constantly whining about everything, despite how trivial it is?

Those guys are so silly, why Sabrewulf?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what all those books they put out suppose to be doing?
    I don't get the feeling they want my business at all. To be fair I've only been buying mainly Marvel comics for 30 years (increasingly less over the last ten though) so I can see why I wouldn't be the kind of customer they would be bothered about.

BANNED

lol, she was damn sexy sue me.
    but Argent ugh her new helmet sucks and she is just using regular swords instead of whatever thease cool things where

her old outfit was epic indemidating, and the new one was just meh
    Last edited by Movieartman; 05-11-2012 at 03:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Constantly whining about everything, despite how trivial it is?

Those guys are so silly, why Sabrewulf?
    Oh please do not compare me talking about the companies general decline to someone who is actually bothered about a comic book characters bare thigh. Lol

BANNED

No offence, lol. Each to their own. Comics have ridden on the back of fanboy fetish for longer than Bendis has ridden on the back of characters movie popularity.

BANNED

Oh please do not compare me talking about the companies general decline to someone who is actually bothered about a comic book characters bare thigh. Lol
    or the possible lack of one, It was a JOKE!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    or the possible lack of one, It was a JOKE!
    Sorry Im snarky today cos I'm laid up with a cold.

BANNED

Some cool annuals.