Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Man my memory is bad. Was Loki mindjacking people in the Thor movie? He did it in this one with the spear which was not standard equipment though I suppose one could argue whether it was standard in *this* movie.
    Well, it's pretty clear that he somehow manipulated Selvig at the end of Thor - in the after credits scene, Loki is visible to the viewer in a reflection but not to anyone in the room. When Fury glosses over some details of the Cube, Loki says a phrase and Selvig then repeats it word for word.

The problems with this feat are:

1. We don't know when Loki got his hooks into Selvig - did he get him alone for 2 days beforehand and magic him up? Was it real-time during the scene? Did he have Mystique pick Selvig up in a bar and shoot him in the ass with a giant syringe? We have absolutely no idea.

2. We don't have any idea to what extent Selvig was controlled. Was he Loki's bitch, lock, stock and barrel? Was Loki just feeding him some light suggestion (since the words aren't that far from what Selvig would have said himself)? We don't know, since the only "control" feat was Selvig repeating what Loki said in one phrase.

3. Finally, we don't know what the range for this was. We know that Loki can go invisible - he does it frequently in Thor. So, was Loki actually in the room, just invisible? Was he projecting himself from across the universe? We don't know that, either.

This makes it a pretty hard feat to use in a rumble.

i saw the mindjacking stuff as the work of lokis staff.
    Albert Oh choptop you're the kooky side of murder.

Loki didn't have the staff at the time of the first movie, had he used it to begin with he wouldn't have needed to do it again at the start of the Avengers movie.

As it is the first Thor movie feat is useless for rumbles, we have no idea how it works, how its even applied, limitations, capabilities, etc. Historically, mind control attempts on the Hulk tend to end very badly, though we don't have anything from the movie to know if its the same for this version. In any case the only kind we know enough to go on, the spear from Avengers, requires him being up close and personal right in front of the Hulk, a place he typically does NOT want to be given the huge strength edge Hulk has on him.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Loki didn't have the staff at the time of the first movie, had he used it to begin with he wouldn't have needed to do it again at the start of the Avengers movie..
    loki got the staff from the other After his fall from Asgard the mindjacking happins after the fall.

We have no idea when after the fall the scene occurs, or when after the fall he joins up with movie super secret space villain we probably don't need to spoiler proof anymore given that the movies made a bajillion dollars and been seen by virtually everyone. So since he wasn't carrying the spear, and since as I pointed out he wouldnt have needed to use it a second time at the beginning of the Avengers movi, and thirdly he needed to use the portal created by the cube to even get to Earth once the Byfrost had been destroyed so he could poke him in the chest with it, no we can't automatically spot it to him.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

We have no idea when after the fall the scene occurs, or when after the fall he joins up with movie super secret space villain we probably don't need to spoiler proof anymore given that the movies made a bajillion dollars and been seen by virtually everyone. So since he wasn't carrying the spear, and since as I pointed out he wouldnt have needed to use it a second time at the beginning of the Avengers movi, and thirdly he needed to use the portal created by the cube to even get to Earth once the Byfrost had been destroyed so he could poke him in the chest with it, no we can't automatically spot it to him.
    im not spoting him the staff im saying we dont see him mindjack tell after the fall he gets the staff sumtime after the fall so im beting the mindjacking is the work of the staff.

Ah so we're spotting him cosmic artifacts that he doesn't normally carry around... oh wait that's not how things work here at all

But we are assuming he can mind control the Hulk given that we actually saw how that works in the mov... oh wait that doesn't work either

But surely he can teleport h... well damn that's out too
    Loki has feats spanning 2 films not just avengers. Here is a list of his powers from the Marvel Movies Wiki. I wont even include weapons.

Superhuman Strength: Loki possesses a formidable strength as a result of his jotun lineage, that is comparable to his Asgardian contemporaries.

Superhuman Durability: As a Jotun, Loki has a resilient body with a tolerance for trauma well above what a human body can endure. Of particular note is his pronounced tolerance for cold. Loki has also shown extreme endurance against bullets which just bounce off him. Loki has also taken a blow from Captain America's shield which also just bounced off him. Loki has also withstood a blast from Iron Man's repulsors without being burnt or horribly scarred as well as a fierce beating from the Hulk which Loki walked away from with minor damage (of course being floored and out of action for a short while).

Sorcery: Loki is a master of magic. He can create illusions, including copies of himself and can influence people with his mind. He can conceal himself or others from sight. In the movie, Loki masks the Frost Giants from Heimdall. Loki can summon objects out of thin air. In the movie, He summons The Casket of Ancient Winters and used it against Heimdall freezing him solid. He can also alter his appearance and attire whenever he wills it.

Teleport: Loki can travel to other dimensions without the Bifrost. He can even teleport others. The full limits of this ability aren't known.

Cold Manipulation: As a Frost Giant, Loki can generate cold, like when he froze the lightning in the Bifrost Bridge to jam its functions.
    Not gospel, I know, but a decent refresher for those who havent seen 2011 Thor.
    Last edited by WaveHeater; 05-13-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Super Strength: Useless here, Hulk outclasses him to the point he might as well be a normal human
    Durability: Yes he can survive a bit from the Hulk, but that's all he can do, survive until the Hulk finally pounds through it, the several seconds Hulk used him as a rag doll put him out for the rest of the battle scene
    sorcery: Obviously his chief weapon, that said he never really displayed any true blue offensive sorcery, and illusions can be exposed pretty quickly with aoe attacks like thunderclaps
    teleport: Unless he want to leave the arena and disqualify himself this is useless as well, as he certainly never displayed the ability to teleport anyone else...
    cold manipulation, he froze the Bifrost Bridge with the Casket of Ancient Winters, an acient artifact that is in no way considered standard equipment for him, just like he froze Heimdal with it in the animated gif. In fact I cant recall him EVER using "cold manipulation" without it in either movie except to resist a Frost Giant trying to freeze him.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11