Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The CW Picks Up "Arrow"

The CW has given a series order to "Arrow," the superhero drama created by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg based on DC Comics' Green Arrow.

Full article here.

So he won't be known as Green Arrow then?

Doesn't seem like it, can't say I particularly mind them shortening it to Arrow.

Still sounds interesting enough to me; though at the same time it has that very CW vibe to it.

Sounds interesting, at least there seems to be a better creative team attached to this than the Wonder Woman pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Sounds interesting, at least there seems to be a better creative team attached to this than the Wonder Woman pilot.
    Guh? David E. Kelley? OK, so he might not have know what the hell he was doing with Wonder Woman, but he's made a hella lot more compelling television over the years the the people on Arrow.

The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Guh? David E. Kelley? OK, so he might not have know what the hell he was doing with Wonder Woman, but he's made a hella lot more compelling television over the years the the people on Arrow.

I meant as creative team for a superhero comic character based show, I am just comparing from the results of the Wonder Woman pilot, I did not intend to disparage David E. Kelly's work on other TV shows.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'll check it out, but I have very low expectations. I wish they'd release that WW pilot already, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    I meant as creative team for a superhero comic character based show, I am just comparing from the results of the Wonder Woman pilot, I did not intend to disparage David E. Kelly's work on other TV shows.
    OK, that potentially works. But mostly, I wanted to post Denny Crane.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'll check it out, but I have very low expectations. I wish they'd release that WW pilot already, I'd love to see it.
    oh you will wish i didnt show this but just check it

PANTS TO BE DARKENED!
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Im gonna check it out.

"Green Arrow" is a better and more distinctive name than "Arrow". This smells like the "Birds of Prey" series. Stink.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-El View Post
    "Green Arrow" is a better and more distinctive name than "Arrow". This smells like the "Birds of Prey" series. Stink.
    Err, you're using the fact that this show has an abbreviated version of the source material's name to say its going to stink.....like a show that used the exact same name as its source material?

I mean, it might very well suck, but if so I doubt it'll be because of the name.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Err, you're using the fact that this show has an abbreviated version of the source material's name to say its going to stink.....like a show that used the exact same name as its source material?

I mean, it might very well suck, but if so I doubt it'll be because of the name.
    well they also change Star City to Starling City
    no idea why it obviously means that the series will suck XD
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    well they also change Star City to Starling City
    no idea why it obviously means that the series will suck XD
    Because they made it different from what I know!!!!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Because they made it different from what I know!!!!
    Such changes usually are good indicators of (1) someone has decided that by Gosh he's going to put HIS MARK on this show, so there will be all sorts of unneeded and unnecessary changes to justify someone getting a salary when really all they need to do the vast majority of the time is to open up a comic and say 'OK, storyboard is done'. Or, (2) someone has decided that they need to wash the 'comic book stink' off the character to make him appealing to Aunt Minnie in Peoria, so she won't get all confused and stuff.

Eh, what do I know. I never would have bet in a million years that Smallville would last 10 years.