Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by batmanjones View Post
    I graduated high school in 1987 so you have that on me. Also, didn't realize you were a Tico. Pura vida! I was only there once, mostly in Quepos, but it is a magical country. You're lucky to live there.
    thanks and Pura Vida

Back on topic:

Did you ever see the episode of West Wing where the VP is acting all high and mighty toward the (Martin Sheen) president because he agreed to endorse Bartlet (Sheen) and didn't understand why he wasn't in the president's inner circle. And Bartlet said, "You shouldn't have made me ask you to endorse me. I was the nominee of our party. You shouldn't have made me ask." That was the end of any amenable relationship between Bartlet and his VP.

DC didn't make Moore ask, they made him beg. Then they said no. Then tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty years later they offer him the rights in exchange for other benefits to DC? And then they just go ahead and do the thing they wanted permission for after not receiving the permission in the first place?

No. I wouldn't say that's trying to reconcile with Moore. I'd call it an exquisitely successful attempt to piss him off.

The relationship could be mended at any time. All it would take would be the head of DC going to Moore and saying, "Listen. We were wrong. We were unforgivably wrong over and over and over again. And all those guys that came before were ****'s to you and to other creators, but I'm not one and I want to make it right. Name your terms. We want you back at DC and we're willing to do anything to repair the relationship."

What would we get out of it? More Alan Moore comics. What would DC get out of it? More Alan Moore comics. Why won't DC do it? You tell me. But it's either stupidity or pride. And neither is a good reason.
    the problem with your metaphor is that you think the president is DC
    and you are wrong
    the president is Warner Bros, who owns DC
    and they are the reason why no other head of DC ever got a chance to get Moore back

they are a business and basically mending with Moore wouldnt produce as much as it cost
    even when he was in Wildstorm which had even further problems to the point that moore now stipulates on his contracts that if the company in which he works get absorbed by DC the Contract get void

I think its obvious for everyone in the industry that Moore got screwed, sadly it was also cause he and Dave Gibbons(whom Moore also break relations with because of Watchmen) never read the contract

Moore had been damaged really by many times that the relationship is irreparable, did you hear about the other screw up of the other Moore(his friend, cant remember the name) who was suppose to write the Novelization of Watchmen, I think it was a paranoic reaction of moore to think it was on purpose and his attitude towards the industry is such that he would never offer anything he gets offer

for example he wouldnt want to write Superman cause he want someone to make something that is beyond superman but on his eyes no one has done it

did you read the article of Jason Aaron on Cbr that says "the year i stoped giving a crap of Alan Moore"

If Moore wanted to write for DC he would do it on any moment but DC has nothing to offer him
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Default DCnU: Wave 3

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    DC wants to keep the number at 52.
    Which is what I've been maintaining is exactly what's wrong with the promotion from the start.Too many books all at the same time.Cut the losses and concentrate on the successful titles.This is a reality I'd hate to see come about because I'd rather see more Fringe titles be successful than multiple Iconics,but the writing is on the wall here.The market is saturated and the price points are going up.By eliminating some of the deadwood, both Iconics and Fringe, may help save some of the more offbeat titles.How does DC expect other recently launched projects like Batman Beyond,JL Beyond,Vertigo ongoings and minis, let alone DC National suvive in an environment that is overcrowded?

creative shakeup

Peter Milligan and Ann Nocenti are from now on steering Batwoman, while Bill Sienkiewicz And Moritat do their best to make it lush
    Teen Titans is written by BKV and penciled by Adam Polina
    DC Universe Presents is taken over by Darwyn Cooke and Mike Allred for some good retro flavour
    Justice League becomes worthy of the name thankfully to Rick Remender and Eric Canete
    Catwoman creative team includes Paul Tobin and Ben Caldwell

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    creative shakeup

Peter Milligan and Ann Nocenti are from now on steering Batwoman, while Bill Sienkiewicz And Moritat do their best to make it lush
    Teen Titans is written by BKV and penciled by Adam Polina
    DC Universe Presents is taken over by Darwyn Cooke and Mike Allred for some good retro flavour
    Justice League becomes worthy of the name thankfully to Rick Remender and Eric Canete
    Catwoman creative team includes Paul Tobin and Ben Caldwell
    or just add Liefeld to all those titles you mentioned
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I'd like to see a The Spectre series, but I know that'd be too good to be true.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    or just add Liefeld to all those titles you mentioned
    Why would I want to do that? His art isn't my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by batmanjones View Post
    The relationship could be mended at any time. All it would take would be the head of DC going to Moore and saying, "Listen. We were wrong. We were unforgivably wrong over and over and over again. And all those guys that came before were ****'s to you and to other creators, but I'm not one and I want to make it right. Name your terms. We want you back at DC and we're willing to do anything to repair the relationship."

What would we get out of it? More Alan Moore comics. What would DC get out of it? More Alan Moore comics. Why won't DC do it? You tell me. But it's either stupidity or pride. And neither is a good reason.
    I really don't think Moore is open to repairing the relationship anymore. At this point I honestly believe DC could give him back Watchmen and $100 million and he would still tell them to get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    I really don't think Moore is open to repairing the relationship anymore. At this point I honestly believe DC could give him back Watchmen and $100 million and he would still tell them to get bent.
    True. When you've been promised things and had those promises broken multiple times, you probably aren't going to put yourself in the position for it to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Which is what I've been maintaining is exactly what's wrong with the promotion from the start.Too many books all at the same time.
    dont they have less books than Marvel by sticking to 52

Cut the losses and concentrate on the successful titles.This is a reality
    isnt that exactly what they are doing by canceling titles that sell poorly

I'd hate to see come about because I'd rather see more Fringe titles be successful than multiple Iconics,but the writing is on the wall here.The market is saturated and the price points are going up.
    no, not really, they compensate the titles that are more expensive by adding more pages
    unlike, you know, that other company that charges 3.99 for 20 pages of content

By eliminating some of the deadwood, both Iconics and Fringe, may help save some of the more offbeat titles.How does DC expect other recently launched projects like Batman Beyond,JL Beyond,Vertigo ongoings and minis, let alone DC National suvive in an environment that is overcrowded?
    thats pretty much what they are doing
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    dont they have less books than Marvel by sticking to 52
    I think right now DC and Marvel are putting out the same amount of books. That's with Marvel's double shipping policy. Marvel is outselling them because they double ship more popular titles.

British Student of Film

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I think right now DC and Marvel are putting out the same amount of books. That's with Marvel's double shipping policy. Marvel is outselling them because they double ship more popular titles.
    I think that is the case, I know that I personally buy Amazing Spider-Man, Venom and Deadpool both times each month

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    That is almost definitely true. What upsets me is that they haven't even made a reasonable try at it. Instead they are actively spitting in his face. It's disgusting.

Third wave titles I'd like to see:

Wildcats (with Liefeld legally required to remain at least 500 yards from even the printed comics themselves)
    DC Comics Presents as mentioned previously, a Superman team-up title.
    Shazam. C'mon. C'monnnnn!
    Martian Manhunter. See above comment re: Shazam
    Adam Strange or a new L.E.G.I.O.N. title.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gma2darescue View Post
    I changed my mind.
    Cancel Blue Beetle, along with the rest.

Make A Blue Beetle/ Booster Gold book? That sounds good to me.
    Call this book the Keith Giffen comedy issue? OR Bwah-hah-hah International?
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Titles that are gone:

Captain Atom (I still enjoy this, but, really, sales are dismal and it won't get a second reprieve)
    Voodoo
    Blue Beetle
    Legion Lost
    Savage Hawkman
    Resurrection Man

Third wave titles I'd like to see:

The Omega Men (though I hear Liefeld has used some of the characters in Deathstroke, so I don't know if they've been ruined)
    WildCATs
    Amethyst
    Checkmate
    Adam Strange
    Icon