Default Worlds' Finest, Huntress and Powergirl

Just read Worlds' Finest with Huntress and Power Girl and I wanted to get some opinions from everyone else. In my opinion I thought it was fantastic, I am new to comics so I don't know much of the background information on the stories or the writers and artists but I found this first issue to be fun and very interesting and I will definitely be getting the issues to come. I want to hear what you all think as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinva View Post
    Just read Worlds' Finest with Huntress and Power Girl and I wanted to get some opinions from everyone else. In my opinion I thought it was fantastic, I am new to comics so I don't know much of the background information on the stories or the writers and artists but I found this first issue to be fun and very interesting and I will definitely be getting the issues to come. I want to hear what you all think as well.

Cheers
    well first of all welcome to the forum, hope we see you more often here

now
    my personal thoughts on the title
    Is bad, but is not that bad, i give it a 6 out of 10

and the reason why i didnt like it is cause i feel no connection with these characters
    they are just Selfish, very selfish on everything that they do, and they live in a world that they dont want to live in and dont care about

now both Huntress and Power Girl have a pretty decent fanbase, Huntress as Helena Bertinelli was very popular from Birds of Prey
    and he first thing that Hel does is burn the passport of Bertinelli and saying that she died, thats pretty much the equivalent of a middle finger to everyone who like Berninelli over Wayne
    I really dont like this much, but i think the use of Hel Wayne might be interesting

the case of Powergirl, Karen is coming out of the very Very mediocre comic Mr Terrific, and her portray just Sucks
    she has not a single thread of charisma or likability, nor here nor there

the plot is simple and well executed even the dialog well done but the problem is the characters themselves

Kara stop being a superhero after she arrived to E2 and she only used her powers for personal benefit, she got money and power only to make a machine to go back home and suddenly in the middle of the comic she decides to put on a new superhero suit, why?, the idea is only cause she needed the suit and she needs to use her powers to take back the machine that was stolen, but it still makes her selfish
    the motivation its coming very dangerously close to villains like Miracleman Jr (who only used his powers to build up money and fame)or Superboy Prime(who kill and destroy worlds only cause he wanted to return home)

so its bad, but not that bad
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

I didn't like the art, so I did not read it.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

On a more positive note, I liked it. I didn't think the ladies were portrayed badly, and while I still hate the Power Girl costume redesign, I can overlook that. Especially since it will hopefully be changed somewhere down the road. A good buddy comic featuring two of DC's most popular female heroes. We'll see how it develops.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Veteran Member

It was okay, nothing great but nothing terrible either.

The problem is that knowing Levitz' writing, the title is going to start becoming boring and repetitive after issue 3.

I also really liked it, and I've been a long-time fan of both characters. The changes weren't too drastic and easy to adjust to. Helena is even more serious than she was but PG is still light-hearted. How they both adjusted to their new world is interesting, with Hel accepting it and vowing to fight crime in it and Kara staying unattached to it and working towards the goal of getting home. The buddy dynamic is great, and it's a good replacement for Simone's BoP series. The pace, i thought, was excellent; not dumping us with info and back-story nor leaving us with big questions. We get enough of their currant situation and they're adjustment period to leave us wondering but not in the dark. So I'm very happy with the book. And it's good to see that a new fan is enjoying it :)
    No hugs, only RAGE

The story is alright but the art doesn't fit the story to me. That and the character designs are horrid.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

Pretty pictures, dumb/uninteresting story. And they both need new/better costumes.
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Appreciate all your thoughts on it, thanks! My other books that I am currently reading are: Justice League, Grifter, Superman, and Avengers Vs. X-Men (along with all issues related).

Cheers,

Kevin

As a long time Birds of Prey fan I am kind of sad that they combined/wrote off the second version of Huntress, though I kind of get why they did it. I'm sure Huntress I fans were plenty mad at Huntress II lol.

I thought WF #1 was set up great in Earth 2 (if you haven't read it and you liked World's Finest, check it out!) and I really like the storyline as it keeps both of these characters in the main continuity and brings them back to something more like their original origins. In particular, they pretty much finally fixed Power Girl after something like 25 years of her background being horribly retconned and mangled.

I find it hilarious that they brought back the original Superman/Batman team up book and featured female versions of those characters though. I'm hoping this one (and Earth 2) don't sink because they may become my favorite DC books now that Marz is off Voodoo.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I thought it was decent. Good enough to get me to stick around at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinva View Post

Cheers
    Enjoyed it and is looking forward to the next issue!
    Pull List: Batman/Superman - Worlds' Finest - Earth 2 - Morning Glories - '68