Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I will say if this is a lead up to a Giffen/Didio collaboration on JLI, which takes their tongue-in-cheek but not silly (as in, not Giffen/DeMatteis' JLI) I'll be happy enough.

But if this is just Didio writing solo again...ugh. No thank you.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Who's the guy with the spear? A new Olympian?
    Cud b MAGOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
    Wait..what? Where? When?
    In the final issue of O.M.A.C., a "spy" pretending to be a delivery guy from Kord Industries approaches Max Lord and Max shoots him through the head, deliberately echoing Ted Kord's death. Meanwhile, for that disguise to be effective, Max Lord and Checkmate must be getting regular deliveries from Kord Industries.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I will say if this is a lead up to a Giffen/Didio collaboration on JLI, which takes their tongue-in-cheek but not silly (as in, not Giffen/DeMatteis' JLI) I'll be happy enough.

But if this is just Didio writing solo again...ugh. No thank you.
    Giffen / Didio JLI didn't even occur to me. That's a pretty good idea considering how well OMAC was critically received.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Yeah the current rostor with. Booster Gold, Firehawk, Godiva, Batwing, August General, and omac was fine. If needed replace Godiva.
    Agreed with d bold...Godiva is seriously useless in d team & nds 2 go post haste..............bring bak Vixen, wud luv 2 c a Batwing/Vixen romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
    Wait..what? Where? When?
    OMAC #6. Not only do we see the name "Theodore Kord" on a list of people associated with Brother Eye's creation, but an assassin dressed as a Kord Industries delivery man tries to kill Max (and Max mind-controls him to shot himself in the head).

Metal Woman

Thanks for the explanations, due not reading OMAC I would never have noticed this on my own.

I know a lot of people are not gonna agree on this but JLI is one of my favorite titles im reading right now but at the same token i woudlnt be aganst having a new writer on board...i do have 2 requests though...

1-Please do not cancel the series!

2-Im hoping they keep the line up the way it is ..at least im hoping they keep Booster,Guy,General Iniron and Godvia.

I think in the original JLI the team went through about three Rocket Red's but I'm not sure if in this new DCU their are still squadrons of the guys.

I'd love it if Giffen and Didio took over there run on O.M.A.C. was brilliant and hopefully they'd bring in more fourth world shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroShark View Post
    I know a lot of people are not gonna agree on this but JLI is one of my favorite titles im reading right now but at the same token i woudlnt be aganst having a new writer on board...i do have 2 requests though...

1-Please do not cancel the series!

2-Im hoping they keep the line up the way it is ..at least im hoping they keep Booster,Guy,General Iniron and Godvia.
    Well, Booster and Guy seem like characters you won't ever have to worry about. In addition to being key members of the original much-beloved JLI line-up, Booster has had a lot of recent success stories in his own series and involvement with Return of Bruce Wayne ... and Guy Gardner is the favorite son of Peter Tomasi and is so vital to Geoff Johns' mega Green Lantern story. They're absolutely in the safe-zone.

As for August General and Godiva, they're fun together. I'd like to see a constant rotation of previous international DCU characters from the Global Guardians, the Great 10, Big Science Action, and various other international teams. If a threat is in their neck of the woods, they should pop in as that issue's guest star. Keep the core "traveling group" at like a typical JLA amount of "seven" and just have a couple guests a story, and voila.

For that core seven, I'd be for Booster, Guy, Fire, Ice, O.M.A.C., Batwing and uh ... Blue Beetle.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    Well, Booster and Guy seem like characters you won't ever have to worry about. In addition to being key members of the original much-beloved JLI line-up, Booster has had a lot of recent success stories in his own series and involvement with Return of Bruce Wayne ... and Guy Gardner is the favorite son of Peter Tomasi and is so vital to Geoff Johns' mega Green Lantern story. They're absolutely in the safe-zone.

As for August General and Godiva, they're fun together. I'd like to see a constant rotation of previous international DCU characters from the Global Guardians, the Great 10, Big Science Action, and various other international teams. If a threat is in their neck of the woods, they should pop in as that issue's guest star. Keep the core "traveling group" at like a typical JLA amount of "seven" and just have a couple guests a story, and voila.

For that core seven, I'd be for Booster, Guy, Fire, Ice, O.M.A.C., Batwing and uh ... Blue Beetle.
    I'd go with that, but if we lost Godiva i wouldn't care so much. i stopped reading the book because of how dark it was, and August general was the only character left i gave a fig about.Actually, August general is about the only character I'd keep.

If there was to be a Giffen/Dido collabration just dont let them handle any of the artwork...did you see the final issues of the last Outsdiders Series? UGH!

O.M.A.C. was one of the most fun books ive read in years. it was a great tribute to Kirby. it would be interesting to see the JLI in the vein of Silver Age Avengers.

Didn't Didio use Max Lord in OMAC? Man, if I was Jamie, I'd watch my back!