Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    I don't think the series is getting cancelled. Johns has stated he want the league books connected and has been working with lemire to connect the main title and dark. If International was being cancelled I don't think such a high profile team would be working on the book. Also they say this incarnation of JLI is over and this is spinning out of events of the main title and will have an event come out of JLI annual.

I'm calling it now that JLI will be getting a major revamp. DiDio on writing and fobak ln art with a team including omac and the group Steve Trevor is putting together.
    God, please, no.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I don't think the series is getting cancelled. Johns has stated he want the league books connected and has been working with lemire to connect the main title and dark. If International was being cancelled I don't think such a high profile team would be working on the book. Also they say this incarnation of JLI is over and this is spinning out of events of the main title and will have an event come out of JLI annual.

I'm calling it now that JLI will be getting a major revamp. DiDio on writing and fobak ln art with a team including omac and the group Steve Trevor is putting together.
    Oh good point, maybe this is the team Green Arrow is put on?
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    God, please, no.

Again why not. Dude wrote omac and the challanger of the unknown arc and those both were good. (Though I haven't finished the challangers arc yet)
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

This title is in desperate need of a shot in the arm, and maybe this annual will be a means of accomplishing that. Afterwards, I hope that a new writer comes in who can bring some heart and humor back to the title.

Again why not. Dude wrote omac and the challanger of the unknown arc and those both were good. (Though I haven't finished the challangers arc yet)
    OMAC was great, sure, but he had Keith Giffen as his co writer on that book, and so many elements of it were classic Giffen that I have to chalk up the book more to Giffen's skill than Didio's.

Meanwhile I've found Challengers of the Unknown to uniformly be a boring affair that missed the "reality show" zeitgeist by about a decade and offers absolutely nothing new and of interest. Which is about what I'd expect from a book from Jerry Ordway who, you guessed it, is co-writing it with Didio. Hmmmm. A trend, yes?

And then there was his Outsiders, which was abominably, hilariously awful. Just true wreckage.

I have respect for Didio's balls as an editor, but as a writer he's badly out of his depth.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Well couldn't the new JLI be:

Vibe - Mexican
    Black Adam - Egyptian
    Green Lantern - Arabic
    Element Woman - Chinese
    Atom - Vietnamese
    Mera - Atlantean
    Green Arrow - American

Just a thought...

I bet there gonna do a reboot after August. DC is past due for one

Quote Originally Posted by scott lantern View Post
    Well couldn't the new JLI be:

Vibe - Mexican
    Black Adam - Egyptian
    Green Lantern - Arabic
    Element Woman - Chinese
    Atom - Vietnamese
    Mera - Atlantean
    Green Arrow - American

Just a thought...
    Interesting although I should say Arabic Tattoo does not make the New GL Arab. There are plenty of African and South East Asian Muslims. Still unlikely they need a place to put booster. More likely Trevor's New Team will be called JL Elite. With Wonder Woman joining instead of Mera.

Not liking the roster change though especially again. IMO, Batwing and Firehawk were fine.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Yeah the current rostor with. Booster Gold, Firehawk, Godiva, Batwing, August General, and omac was fine. If needed replace Godiva.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Yeah the current rostor with. Booster Gold, Firehawk, Godiva, Batwing, August General, and omac was fine. If needed replace Godiva.
    IMO, cannot agree more. Godiva is worthless. Now I would say replace her with a female. Fire, Ice and Vixen are all good options. Dr. Light maybe. A new character representing some area of the world that is underrepresented perhaps. I like Blue Beetle not sure he is a good fit though and random olympian, yeah don't need another white male on the team.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Bring in some of the cool flashpoint guys.

To be honest I'm drawing a dissapointing blank on other female DC heroes other than the obvious.

Or grace choir but I guess the team doesn't need a brick.

OMACtivate! So happy Jurgens isnt writing this.

Plus that looks like Achilles! Loved that guy.

Britannia could be a good replacement for Godiva, but hse desperately needs a new look.

OMACTIVATE!

This might be the first time I've ever been pleased that it seems DiDio is taking over a title. I do want Jurgens to continue his Booster Gold stories very much, but I also want Dan on OMAC, bringing the heavy Kirby-danger to the JLI could be amazing.

And since he was the guy juggling Max Lord, Brother Eye and got to tease Ted Kord's return, and Jaime Reyes is on the cover ... this Annual jumps onto my list with ease.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

got to tease Ted Kord's return
    Wait..what? Where? When?