Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I think that the guy who approached Ray in issue 4 will also approach Phantom Lady and Doll Man in issue 4. Then the next minis will focus on Human Bomb and Black Condor. All this will culminate in a FF mini (DC should have realized by now that it can't carry an ongoing)
    What about Uncle Sam?

(And maybe they'll introduce a new version of Firebrand into this . . . he was another Quality Comics character who became a member during the original 1970's run.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    On the other hand, I've also read the original Freedom Fighters series from the '70s. That... that was not good comics, right there.
    It was a great comic book when I was a kid.

Looks great. The Doll Man here is probably a different character to the one in the latest Freedom Fighters book (based on his appearence), but I hope they keep the concept from the Doll man in that book, I love the idea of pint sized G.I.Joe. Phantom Lady's costume is definetly a lot better than her old costume, which was just slightly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What about Uncle Sam?
    Uncle Sam would be the main player of the FF mini.

Quote Originally Posted by sobek View Post
    Looks great. The Doll Man here is probably a different character to the one in the latest Freedom Fighters book (based on his appearence), but I hope they keep the concept from the Doll man in that book, I love the idea of pint sized G.I.Joe. Phantom Lady's costume is definetly a lot better than her old costume, which was just slightly ridiculous.
    Slightly ridiculous (as just about all superheroes are) yet monumentally awesome. Count me the F*^K out for witnessing yet another beautiful, classic design tossed in the mud. Goddammit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Slightly ridiculous (as just about all superheroes are) yet monumentally awesome. Count me the F*^K out for witnessing yet another beautiful, classic design tossed in the mud. Goddammit.
    *A red light shines next to you* "Fused of planet Earth, you have great rage in your heart. You belong to the Red Lantern Corps."

The costume may have been a classic, but it was unpractical even by superhero standards (if she ever got in a rough fight she'd be doomed, and horribly exposed if her tiny costume became ripped) and was an over the top, in your face source of cheese cake for fans (cheesecake isn't all bad, but Phantom Lady is just ridiculous). I would've liked it if they made at least some reference to the old costume in the new design (incorporated some of the colours or something), but the new costume is by no means a bad design.
    Last edited by sobek; 05-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.

The costume may have been a classic, but it was unpractical even by superhero standards (if she ever got in a rough fight she'd be doomed, and horrible exposed if her tiny costume became ripped) and was an over the top, in your face source of cheese cake for fans (cheesecake isn't all bad, but Phantom Lady is just ridiculous). I would've liked it if they made at least some reference to the old costume in the new design (incorporated some of the colours or something), but the new costume is by no means a bad design.
    They could have at least kept a cape / cloak, though. For someone named Phantom Lady, that type of flair would make sense.

Based on that image, it looks like Phantom Girl washed her old white costume without separating out the dark costumes from the load.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They could have at least kept a cape / cloak, though. For someone named Phantom Lady, that type of flair would make sense.

Based on that image, it looks like Phantom Girl washed her old white costume without separating out the dark costumes from the load.

She has a hood.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    *A red light shines next to you* "Fused of planet Earth, you have great rage in your heart. You belong to the Red Lantern Corps."
    I know, right? All nerdraged out kickin' it with Bleez and her new set of editorially mandated pants.

I think they are both new characters, the interview mentions that Phantom Lady will be a new character (which is slightly disappointing because I loved Stormy).

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    I think they are both new characters, the interview mentions that Phantom Lady will be a new character (which is slightly disappointing because I loved Stormy).
    That's kinda bittersweet because I really would wish these unrecognizable characters would get their own damn names. I'm all up for new characters, just not at the expense of currently existing ones. This kinda crap makes me wish I was never a fan of Stormy to begin with.

That's kinda bittersweet because I really would wish these unrecognizable characters would get their own damn names. I'm all up for new characters, just not at the expense of currently existing ones. This kinda crap makes me wish I was never a fan of Stormy to begin with.
    But part of the point of the New 52 is so they can do "same but different" with their lesser known characters.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post

Amanda Conner, you can do no wrong.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    when will she actually do a full comic book again though?

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    It's like they heard me say this very quote issued that as a challenge. Ah whatever I just need to find a Men in Black pen and flashfry my brain into forgetting this.