Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Ray Palmer is not the Atom in the DCnU.
    Well that's obvious. And I'm fine with that. I thought Ryan Choi was an awesome Atom. Oo! The Awesome Atom would be a great title! Lol!

By the way, love your avatar! And name. Big Archer fan here.

I dont even know who these guys are, but the old suit was pretty stripper-ish. I dont know why you guys would object to the new one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    To be fair, Doll Man was the original shrinking hero. Before Ray Palmer, before Hank Pym, before shrinking Violet, there was Doll Man.

Also, this is def a different Phantom Lady. The original will likely appear in Multiversity. Wonder if this will build off of the end of the Ray?
    It's a pulp street themed book

To be fair, Doll Man was the original shrinking hero. Before Ray Palmer, before Hank Pym, before shrinking Violet, there was Doll Man.
    Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Of happiness !?
    Streams of joy are pouring down my face.

BANNED

Ive been looking for moar comics to buy...

I have to say, I'm not altogether happy for this. I bought the FF ongoing prepared for something amazing. It was not a good read and deservedly got cancelled. The FF mini where Morrison didn't plot it out for Palmiotti was baaaa-d. Sure, I loved the fact that Papa Ray returned with a power up, but wtf the plot meandered consistently around the drain. I kind of wish he would just leave the FF property alone at this point. After my hopes for the ongoing were dashed, I'm afraid I don't have much confidence in his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I dont even know who these guys are, but the old suit was pretty stripper-ish. I dont know why you guys would object to the new one.

Sentimental fools, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Shark View Post
    Well that's obvious. And I'm fine with that. I thought Ryan Choi was an awesome Atom. Oo! The Awesome Atom would be a great title! Lol!

By the way, love your avatar! And name. Big Archer fan here.
    I don't think it's Ryan Choi either. If you look closely at the Atom in the FCBD comic, there are boobs and a definite female waistline.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

I may or may not get this mini, but I can say that Phantom Lady had a great costume redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    I don't think it's Ryan Choi either. If you look closely at the Atom in the FCBD comic, there are boobs and a definite female waistline.
    There's a whole lot of discussion in another thread related to FCBD about whether that's suppose to be a female or just poor perspective/artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    It's a pulp street themed book
    I think that the guy who approached Ray in issue 4 will also approach Phantom Lady and Doll Man in issue 4. Then the next minis will focus on Human Bomb and Black Condor. All this will culminate in a FF mini (DC should have realized by now that it can't carry an ongoing)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I think that the guy who approached Ray in issue 4 will also approach Phantom Lady and Doll Man in issue 4. Then the next minis will focus on Human Bomb and Black Condor. All this will culminate in a FF mini (DC should have realized by now that it can't carry an ongoing)
    was thinking similar thoughts

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Yep. And he wins eternal respect for being in that awesome All-Star Squadron cliffhanger where Midnight (DC's "The Spirit" analogue) flees Nazis while cradling a shoebox under his arm for an entire issue, only to break into the Squadron's first full meeting and request their help, opening the shoebox to reveal a badly-injured Doll Man.

On the other hand, I've also read the original Freedom Fighters series from the '70s. That... that was not good comics, right there.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

LOVE that cover, and the new costume. Always been a Phantom Lady fan, so this is awesome news for me.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com