Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    why is it no fun to watch the same character with a different story and a new creative team?

you must not be able to watch any TV series with multiple episodes for to long without getting bored of the same characters.
    But it's not the same. They add "The amazing", that's why it shouldn't be him, but another actor.. GOD!

It is another actor. Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire are not the same person.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I'm even more confused now. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Area_hulk View Post
    But it's not the same. They add "The amazing", that's why it shouldn't be him, but another actor.. GOD!
    Yeah but you do realise that the title of the film is the same as the flagship Spider-Man title. I really don't understand why you think the powers that be would invent a new spider man for a film, or why you would want that. Might as well invent a new super hero.

BANNED

He must be a big fan of the Catwoman film .

Quote Originally Posted by THe_NoMaD View Post
    He must be a big fan of the Catwoman film .
    Lol awesome.

I think I understand whats going on here. OP, do you think that Peter Parker is the guy who plays Spider-Man in the movie? Because that's not the case at all. Peter Parker is Spider-Man's secret identity and is also a fictional character. In the previous Spidey movies Pete was played by Tobey McGuire. In this new movie Andrew Garfield is going to be playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man. I hope this helps with OP's confusion...

He must want think Hulk should be another guy in the Avengers movie because Bruce Banner has been portrayed by Bill Bixby, Eric Bana, and Edward Norton. Also, with that logic Shakespeare's plays would have been lost a long time because only the first actors could portray his characters.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Peter Parker IS and will always be Spider-Man.

Not in the Ultimate Comics Universe...he'd dead.

And he might not be as well in the 616 after issue #700.

Yeah. Miles is Spider-Man currently on Earth-1610, Miguel is Spider-Man on Earth-929, Peter Parquagh is Spider-Man on Earth-311 and so on. But Peter Parker IS Spider-Man.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Yeah. Miles is Spider-Man currently on Earth-1610, Miguel is Spider-Man on Earth-929, Peter Parquagh is Spider-Man on Earth-311 and so on. But Peter Parker IS Spider-Man.

At least until issue #700. Beyond that I'm not so sure...and neither should you.

I wouldn't want you to set yourself up for a disappointment.

It doesn't matter. Pete will always be Spider-Man the way Bruce will always be Bats.
    Last edited by Chuckles; 05-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    At least until issue #700. Beyond that I'm not so sure...and neither should you.

I wouldn't want you to set yourself up for a disappointment.
    It's you who keeps talking like Parker won't be Spidey after #700? Why is that?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    It's you who keeps talking like Parker won't be Spidey after #700? Why is that?

Because I heard that someone from Marvel stated that this was going to be Peter Parker's last year as Spider-Man in the 616.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...n-post-ASM-700
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 05-11-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Because I heard that someone from Marvel stated that this was going to be Peter Parker's last year as Spider-Man in the 616.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...n-post-ASM-700
    I agree with some of those posters; I don't think the big thing coming in #700 is him being replace or retiring. And that it's too early to predict what will happen.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...