Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_Legend View Post
    You wouldn't find it, because they never said that with the purpose of killing Peter and replace with someone else.

I never said that they were going to kill Peter either. I just said that I heard that it was going to be peter's last year as Spider-Man.

Because Peter is the most widely known Spider-Man EVER. You know, the Ultimate Universe thought as you did. And now they have a Spider-Man only die-hard Spider-Man fans are willing to read about. Sorry, but Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

People like the character and he still works as a concept even thought people dislike that he cant move forward with his life.

I still think that legacies and replacements could still work in adaptations rather than comics since the mainstream people can be more forgiving and less judgemental than the comic elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    People like the character and he still works as a concept even thought people dislike that he cant move forward with his life.

I still think that legacies and replacements could still work in adaptations rather than comics since the mainstream people can be more forgiving and less judgemental than the comic elitist.
    What I dislike about Miles is simply the fact that they made him into spider-man. I find him a very interesting character. From an editorial point of view it makes more sense to turn him into the new spider-man, because of sales.

I'm hoping he will eventually move on to be his one hero, with his own persona. (and Peter comes back. I don't really care for people coming back from the dead, but pleaaase)

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

can we just let this thread die instead of it being a miles morales thread
    the OP was probably just confused or trolling
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    can we just let this thread die instead of it being a miles morales thread
    the OP was probably just confused or trolling
    The OP was most likely talking about the actor, who he might have thought was actually called Peter Parker.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

BANNED

Isn't that like saying why is the Black Panther always T'Challa.

I'll just quote what I've just said about the Miles Morales fiasco just a half hour ago and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri
    Dude, I'm black. The community guy is also black, and he didn't want the part of Spider-Man, he wanted the part of Peter Parker, because he is Spider-Man. Unlike most heroes, Spider-Man should always be Peter Parker and Peter Parker should always be Spider-Man. I'd be all over a Spider-Man reboot where Peter Parker would be portrayed by a black actor, I'm really partial for Iwan Rheon because I think he has the acting chops, charisma and the kind of figure I'd imagine for Spider-Man, but I'll never accept anyone but Peter Parker being Spider-Man.

NEVER. My biggest gripe with Miles Morales is that for him to exist, my favorite iteration of Spider-Man had to die. What Marvel diesn't seem to realize that Spider-Man/Peter Parker is the most universal and relatable character in history of comics. Creating other characters that can be Spider-Man too weakens that, and I guess the proof is you getting mad at me for me cursing on Miles Morales. I'm black and south american, I should be Miles Morales target audience, shouldn't I? But I'm not, and that's because they contrivedly killed the main character of the series I've been collecting through ten years, after dropping 616 with the Clone Saga - and guess what made do that? MORE Spider-Man clones, I'd thought that Marvel would know better by now.

I'd be all over a Bendis book where he writes about a Peter Parker who happens to be a black kid. I'll be aboard pretty much everyone involving Peter Parker. But I don't think Miles Morales was a good move. Petershould always be recognized as the one and only Spider-Man. For me what they did was a huge mistake, one that I'm already seeing exploding on their faces. Is the book successful? Yes, sort of. But that's exactly the problem. Having two characters as Spider-Man weakens the Spider-Man mythos and polarizes the fanbases. This story isn't about a white or black Spider-Man. It's the saga of Peter Parker. The one and only Spider-Man. They could make iterations of him where he happens to be black, asian or fucking albino, but you just don't replace Peter Parker. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me but this is my biggest beef with Marvel right now. It made me drop all the books, just NOW I'm considering to come back, but I'm never buying any other Bendis book again.
    After watching what I consider the best movie of all time, I'm reconsidering to make a comeback. I dropped all the books because of the Spider-Men books, but I think there's some hope for Marvel after this AVX mess ends.

I'll stick with a selected few books, like Waid's Devil, Remender's UXF and Aaron's WatX, but while these books are brilliant, they aren't the books I'm missing the most.

I'm coming back because I'm really missing Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man.

With that said, thank you Marvel, for the mess you did with the abortion called Miles Morales. Polarizing your fanbase and making the most universal and relatable character in comic books history less relatable, universal and special was a really brilliant move. Keep forcing Miles Morales down our throats, and watch your fanbase growing more divided and this becoming some kind of geek apartheid, like a black kid couldn't love and most of all relate with Peter Parker because he's white. If you ever reboot Marvel and make Peter black, as long it is about Peter's story and a competent writer like Slott writing it, I'd be all over the book. But not a replacement.

Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by Zauri; 05-13-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I'll just quote what I've just said about the Miles Morales fiasco just a half hour ago and leave it at that.

After watching what I consider the best movie of all time, I'm reconsidering to make a comeback. I dropped all the books because of the Spider-Men books, but I think there's some hope for Marvel after this AVX mess ends.

I'll stick with a selected few books, like Waid's Devil, Remender's UXF and Aaron's WatX, but while these books are brilliant, they aren't the books I'm missing the most.

I'm coming back because I'm really missing Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man.

With that said, thank you Marvel, for the mess you did with the abortion called Miles Morales. Polarizing your fanbase and making the most universal and relatable character in comic books history less relatable, universal and special was a really brilliant move. Keep forcing Miles Morales down our throats, and watch your fanbase growing more divided and this becoming some kind of geek apartheid, like a black kid couldn't love and most of all relate with Peter Parker because he's white. If you ever reboot Marvel and make Peter black, as long it is about Peter's story and a competent writer like Slott writing it, I'd be all over the book. But not a replacement.

Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. 'Nuff said.
    Peter Parker is still Spidey in 616 :P

And I think if Marvel did what everyone thought was right, the company would stagnate to the point where nothing would actually happen. Ultimate Peter was awesome and I love the character, but I'm enjoying Morales just as much.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Peter Parker is still Spidey in 616 :P

And I think if Marvel did what everyone thought was right, the company would stagnate to the point where nothing would actually happen. Ultimate Peter was awesome and I love the character, but I'm enjoying Morales just as much.
    Having other character running around calling himself Spider-Man makes Peter Parker less special and unique. Weakening your brand purposedly and dividing your fanbase in the process is never good business. You may feel okay about Miles, but I felt cheated by Marvel and I'm talking about Clone Saga levels here. Never dismiss the rage of a comic book geek scorned. I'm never touching any Bendis book again as result of this, and I used to own all his books up until Death of Ultimate Spider-Man. Losing a costumer like me is never good business.

this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Having other character running around calling himself Spider-Man makes Peter Parker less special and unique. Weakening your brand purposedly and dividing your fanbase in the process is never good business. You may feel okay about Miles, but I felt cheated by Marvel and I'm talking about Clone Saga levels here. Never dismiss the rage of a comic book geek scorned. I'm never touching any Bendis book again as result of this, and I used to own all his books up until Death of Ultimate Spider-Man. Losing a costumer like me is never good business.
    I agree 100%. And I'll say it again. Miles is a good character who should be his own hero. I'm hoping this was done to introduce Miles and move him to his own hero and book, once Peter returns. Because I will not read Miles as Spider-Man. I would read Miles as his own hero. (plus, wtf marvel? he's 13??)

I keep hearing some poeple say Miles should move on to his own identity, but what identity would that be? He has spider powers so what else would he call himself?

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    I keep hearing some poeple say Miles should move on to his own identity, but what identity would that be? He has spider powers so what else would he call himself?
    Venom. Tarantula. Scarlet Spider. Recluse. Wolf. Spinnerette. Spider-Boy. Man-Spider. Blood Spider. Arana. Arachne. Spidercide. Ero. Black Tarantula.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Venom. Tarantula. Scarlet Spider. Recluse. Wolf. Spinnerette. Spider-Boy. Man-Spider. Blood Spider. Arana. Arachne. Spidercide. Ero. Black Tarantula.
    True but then he has no place to go. The only reason for him to assume another name would be if Peter returned. If Peter returns Miles will effictivley dissapear. Peter would retake the role of star of Utlimate Spider-Man, Miles is too young for the Ultimates, and I doubt he would run away from home to join the X-Men. So where does that leave Miles? A supporting character in Peter's book? Among the rest of Peter's supporting cast that does not leave much room for Miles' development. I really doubt they woud give Miles his own book as the Scarlet Spider along side Peter's Spider-Man so I'm out of ideas. I can't see Peter coming back unless they plan on getting rid of Miles. I would love to be wrong but this seems like a "Neither Can Live While the Other Survives" type of deal.