Default Marvel cinematic universe phase II

I can't find a thread about this subject as a whole, but if one already exists please merge. My thoughts on phase II of MCU...

I WANT A RUFFALO HULK MOVIE! This is my most wanted film of phase II Hulk being my fav Avenger and Ruffalo being the best incarnation of the character so far- both as Banner and Hulk. Marvel are being quite cautious about another Hulk movie because the previous efforts did not make as much money as they wanted but I really think Ruffalo Hulk connected with audiences and as such they would be more enthusiastic about another Hulk. As for film itself I’d like to see Hulk talk more, Doc Samson, The Leader… Rulk would be cool. He needs someone he can have a slugfest with.

Ant-Man, which looks like it will be the other 2014 film is quite tantalizing. Except I have not liked any of Edgar Wright’s previous films. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz both thought they were much funnier than they actually were and Scott Pilgrim while better than those two felt like style over substance. Not really funny at all and basically just lame. That’s the other problem- these films while not actually funny, were aiming to be and that’s what worries me about Ant-Man. With Avengers Whedon got the balance of serious/laughs just right. But I’d hate for the gags in Avengers to influence subsequent Marvel films, particularly Ant-Man to be too comedy focused. Especially if none of it will even be funny like Wright’s previous work.

IM3- Here’s what I wanna see- Stark Tower being fixed up and more of what is inside it such as the 8 floors of R&D Tony tells Bruce about on the Hellicarrier. A Banner cameo would be SERIOUSLY COOL even if there was no Hulk, if it was just Banner and Stark working on something in the first part of the film. Ruffalo has signed for six films… so that must mean cameos right? Also I want Ben Kingsley to play Mandarin, and was it Extremis in which Tony had the liquid metal armor? Anyone think we’ll see that in IM3 or future films?

THOR 2- Is Antony Hopkins doing this? It will be lame if someone else is Odin. I’m hoping for more on the Thanos / Infinity Gauntlet plotline.

Cap 2- Chris Evans needs to buff up again. I hate to be critical of him because I bust my ass in the gym everyday and I know how hard it is to put on muscle mass, but in Avengers you could see the heavy bag scene was filmed at the same time of The First Avenger because he was more bulky there compared to the battle in Manhattan. He was still buff in the final battle, but you could tell he did not have the same bulk. I wonder if him and Hemsworth took steroids for the Cap and Thor films. It wouldn’t surprise me and I have no problem with that. Heck they all use to do it on the 80’s and 90’s. Whatever works. It’s funny because Ruffalo and RDJ don’t need to do any weight lifting for their roles, but Chris and Chris need to look jacked. Also I’d like to see Cap’s ears while in costume… Baron Zemo would be cool.

As for stuff like GOTG, Dr Strange, Black Panther etc… they would all be nice. But not at the cost of another Hulk film.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 05-11-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Hulk - I really really want another Hulk movie. It would be a shame if we didnt get one now that they have finally got the Hulk/Banner right. Not sure who I would want as a villain though, someone who poses more of a cerebral threat? To be honest, I wouldnt care who the villain is, I just want more Ruffalo.

Ant-Man - Of all the possible movies, this is the one I am least excited about. Sure I would go and watch it but its not a major want. Would be a good way to introduce Hank and Janet before an Avengers appearence though.

IM3 - Now that we have seen him fight armoured villains twice, I am wanting a new type of villain. It would be cool if they could get Tim Roth to reprise his role as Blonsky/Abomination. That would give Stark a good reason to make a Hulkbuster prototype aswell. Black Panther would be cool. Maybe with Wakanda in an arms/tech race with the US.

Thor 2 - We know Loki will be appearing but who else? I imagine there will be a cameo from Thanos but I imagine there is room for another villain. Having Balder appear would be awesome too.

Cap 2 - Weakest showing of the solo movies, I think it needs to step up its game. Im sure Hydra will be back.

SHILED - Please Marvel, for the love of all that is good, give me a SHIELD movie. Im sure the quartet of Fury, Hill, Black Widow and Hawkeye could carry a movie without the rest of the Avengers.

Guardians of the Galaxy - The one I am most excited about. Starlord, Rocky, Groot and co. would be awesome on the big screen. Fingers crossed.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I want to see a runaways movie and a solo black widow movie.

What the...?

Edgar Wright is doing Worlds End with Pegg and Frost next so we'll probably have to wait for Ant-Man.

I'm looking forward to what Alan Taylor and Shane Black will do with Iron Man and Thor sequels. Captain America is my favorite of the solo movies but I'm more then a little bummed Johnston isn't coming back.

I'm hoping there's a Doctor Strange movie in the works for 2014.

I want Nick Fury to make a cameo in the Amazing Spiderman, how cool will that be?! But that is not likely to happen. As for the Iron Man 3 movie. I'm excited that they're using the Extremis story! I have that book! There will be another villian who Ben Kingsley is playing, don't know who though.

Quote Originally Posted by thenerdal View Post
    I want Nick Fury to make a cameo in the Amazing Spiderman, how cool will that be?! But that is not likely to happen. As for the Iron Man 3 movie. I'm excited that they're using the Extremis story! I have that book! There will be another villian who Ben Kingsley is playing, don't know who though.
    It would be cool but it is actually impossible due to rights differences

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    It would be cool but it is actually impossible due to rights differences
    And an agreement to "loan" the film license for Spider-Man to Marvel Studios so they could integrate Amazing Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a tad unprecedented. The logistics would be a little hard to properly outline, not to mention that so long as Spider-Man is still making Sony big bucks, they wouldn't have much of an incentive to cough up or even "share" those rights with another studio even if Avengers could make a solid billion dollars by the end of this coming weekend. All the same, it's fun to dream.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

Nick Fury in ASM2 and/or XFC2 is not that difficult to do. Rent Jackie Brown and Out of Sight. Micheal Keaton? Same guy both movies. All it needs is Sony/Fox wanting to do it and Disney/Marvel letting it happen. Probably won't happen, but it's not impossible... or hard at all to do.

As for The MMU... it's rather white. It think we need some serious movement on a Black Panther and Heroes for Hire movies stat.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

If they make a movie with that absurd raccoon and telepathic golden retriever over characters like the Black Panther, dr strange, heros for hire, etc I'm going to be so dissapointed

Honestly if they have great casting and script it doesn't matter who they make. Though we in the comic realm see a huge difference between Black Panther, Ms Marvel, Strange, etc and characters like Monica Rambeau (wth is she calling herself now?), Echo, Black Knight, etc they are all lumped together in the public's mind as essentially the same tier

I honestly think it's time for another Blade movie. I really need an ass kicking vampire slayer. I still think Stephen Norrington did such a great job with Blade. He tried to bring a similar style to League of Extraordinary Gentleman and it just doesn't work. It will probably not happen, as I think he is locked with WB for a long time, but I would love to see Zach Snyder do a Blade movie.

If they can somehow put together an epic Inhumans or Guardians of the Galaxy movie, it would be truly awesome.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

In some dream world:

IM3, Thor2
    Cap2, Black Panther
    Avengers 2, Guardians of the Galaxy
    Thor 3, Cap 3
    Avengers 3
    formerly gammaranger