View Poll Results: Which Avenger would be considered WW's counterpart the most?

Voters
34. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Captain America

4 11.76%
  • The Hulk

1 2.94%
  • Thor

27 79.41%
  • Ironman

2 5.88%
  • Black Widow

0 0%
  • Hawkeye

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post

Not even Superman has Hulk-mevel strength. The Hulk specifically has no upper limit to his strength. It is effectively infinite. Which is of course all kinda of silly, but there you go. Grounded, more realistic Marvel heroes indeed.
    Saying the Hulk has no upper limit to his strength is kind of misleading; the Hulk can get very strong, but the story line would need to allow that to happen.

In Marvel, Hulk is dealt with by their villains; my favorite, Apocalypse has restrained the Hulk before and made him into War horseman; Apocalypse's strength can approach limitless because he can tap into the zero point energy of the surrounding universe to gradually increase his strength; also, another favorite, Juggernaut is a match for Hulk; by mortal calculations, Galactus is the character with incalculable strength, and the Hulk would be no match for him; in order for Galactus to be bested by the Hulk, he would have to toy with the Hulk for about a year+ until the Hulk's strength incrementally increased.

Because I understand Apocalypse well, I think a good match would be Apocalypse versus Galactus; many Marvel fans would disagree with me, because people always neglect giving Apocalypse his full due and respect; as far as Wonder Woman, I've already demonstrated in the past that Marvel's equivalent of Wonder Woman is Rogue/Ms Marvel but the Jancy did not make that a choice despite my well reasoned demonstration.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    That's false.
    Because they're two different characters. The Hulk can withstand an atomic bomb, bullets are nothing to him. And the angier he gets, the more powerful he becomes.I've never heard of this before. Do the bracelets really keep her in check?

Yes, it was part of the mythos prior to George Perez's reboot. See below.

People always overestimate puny Hulk. Wonder Woman has low showings too and i admit it. Hulk got choked by python, Blitzed by spiderman, Black panther dodged his punches. WWH is the most stupid story i have ever read. Ghost rider would have killed hulk but for some reason he left the fight.
    For those who think Wonder Woman's durability is low.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1658630-wonder_woman__31___page_22_super.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	93200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1658631-wonder_woman__31___page_21_super.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	93201
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2140973-wonder_woman_42_super.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	93202
    Wonder Woman, Supergirl,Powergirl, Maxima and some other DC females would slaughter hulk. Even Cheetah can beat the living hell out of hulk if she plays smart.
    Last edited by WallyWest1495; 05-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.

So basically what you're saying is that the major event - story that is the best arguement for Hulk's immeasurable strength is stupid because it contradicts your opinion.

EDIT: I just remembered that we've had this conversation before and everyone was siding against you but you never listened. You even called Marvel's official rankings from their official site stupid because they contradicted you. So i'll just stop here with a pic of Hulk lifting an entire mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Saying the Hulk has no upper limit to his strength is kind of misleading; the Hulk can get very strong, but the story line would need to allow that to happen.
    What his strength is or can be, and what a storyline allows to happen are very different things. The angrier he gets, the stro,ger he gets. And he has no upper level to how angry he can get.

Now, if you somehow can prevent him from getting angy or angrier, fine. Or take him out before he has time to build up his strength...

my favorite, Apocalypse
    God, no.

has restrained the Hulk before
    How exactly?

also, another favorite, Juggernaut is a match for Hulk
    That's because Juggernaut's... not his strength, his Juggernautiness, is also infinite. Can't be stopped. It's an absolute law apparently.

by mortal calculations, Galactus is the character with incalculable strength, and the Hulk would be no match for him
    Galactus is a really huge guy with a vey calculable and limited physical strength. If Big G and the Hulk go at it in a really huge boxing ring, and Galactus isn't allowed to use his Power Cosmic to boost himself, he's losing hard.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I already told you what happened in that event. Ghost rider would have beaten hulk.Dr strange is not a super-strong character why would he fight hulk at close range? Hulk couldn't beat juggernaut and he resort to bfr. Official ratings contradict hulk's powerset not my opinion. Hulk has never shown FTL speed or reflexes. I told you class 7= class 100. which means hulk can lift more than 100 tonnes.Even Captain america and Black panther are faster than Hulk. Hulk supported small part of mountain, he did not lift the entire mountain. Post the full scan if you have read that story.
    Last edited by WallyWest1495; 05-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.

BANNED

What his strength is or can be, and what a storyline allows to happen are very different things. The angrier he gets, the stro,ger he gets. And he has no upper level to how angry he can get.

Now, if you somehow can prevent him from getting angy or angrier, fine. Or take him out before he has time to build up his strength...

God, no.

How exactly?

That's because Juggernaut's... not his strength, his Juggernautiness, is also infinite. Can't be stopped. It's an absolute law apparently.

Galactus is a really huge guy with a vey calculable and limited physical strength. If Big G and the Hulk go at it in a really huge boxing ring, and Galactus isn't allowed to use his Power Cosmic to boost himself, he's losing hard.
    Yes, Apocalypse made Hulk one of his horseman after restraining him; you don't seem to know or respect Apocalypse very well; Apocalypse could essentially put Hulk in a bear hug and restrain him, even without tapping into zero point energy; here: http://marvel.com/videos/watch/1092/...n_3_episode_35 respect for Apocalypse.

As far as Galactus, he has incalcuble strenght and the power cosmic supposedly enhances his strenght to Godlike levels in the Marvel universe; where did you get the notion that there's a supposed limit to Galactus's strength?
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-12-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Isnt Galactus a force of nature? He is a literal god, it's fine if Hulk loses to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Yes, Apocalypse made Hulk one of his horseman after restraining him; you don't seem to know or respect Apocalypse very well; Apocalypse could essentially put Hulk in a bear hug and restrain him, even without tapping into zero point energy; here: http://marvel.com/videos/watch/1092/...n_3_episode_35 respect for Apocalypse.
    Umm... sure, whatever. I'm not watching an episode from that cartoon. I'm not seeing the relevance.

As far as Galactus, he has incalcuble strenght and the power cosmic supposedly enhances his strenght to Godlike levels in the Marvel universe; where did you get the notion that there's a supposed limit to Galactus's strength?
    There's his physical strength, which comes from muscles and is rather limited to a regular planet-sized man's strength, kinda puny as the Hulk would say. And there's his cosmic energy levels, which he uses to boost his body, and are off the charts. But just muscles against muscles, Galactus isn't really a match for most upper-level metas or godlike beings. Keep in mind, we're talking about nothing else except pure, physical strength. There's plenty of folks that can take out the Hulk just by thinking about it hard.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Isnt Galactus a force of nature? He is a literal god, it's fine if Hulk loses to him.
    Yes, Galactus is a cosmic force, though, as opposed to a force of nature; but, reviewing Chaos War from Marvel, Galactus is, at best, supposed to be a borderline supernatural being.

BANNED

Umm... sure, whatever. I'm not watching an episode from that cartoon. I'm not seeing the relevance.

There's his physical strength, which comes from muscles and is rather limited to a regular planet-sized man's strength, kinda puny as the Hulk would say. And there's his cosmic energy levels, which he uses to boost his body, and are off the charts. But just muscles against muscles, Galactus isn't really a match for most upper-level metas or godlike beings. Keep in mind, we're talking about nothing else except pure, physical strength. There's plenty of folks that can take out the Hulk just by thinking about it hard.
    The relevance is that the episode starts to demonstrate Apocalypse's power/strength level.

Strength against strength, Galactus starts off way stronger than Hulk, and, as I said earlier, Galactus would have to toy with the Hulk for about a year before the Hulk got strong enough to start wrestling with Galactus; but, I don't think Galactus is going to do that for the Hulk.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

<nudges the thread back on topic>

Just 'cause I've seen where these discussions can go...
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    <nudges the thread back on topic>

Just 'cause I've seen where these discussions can go...
    I used to enjoy this kind of discussion when I was a newbie on the Forums, but at the end of the day I realized that it's really up to the writers, what they want to have happen, and where the story needs to go. For example, Wonder Woman has superspeed, if she'd used it Zola would've never been taken by Hades when she wandered off to her "mother".. but that's not how the story was supposed to go.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Oh, I'm fine with any 'WW vs' or 'Is WW as strong as' type threads.

But now we're on Hulk vs. Galactus, and by dinner time, we'd be at Galactus vs the Guardians or some other such thread drift.

Feel free to continue to compare Diana to whoever you want ;)
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator

We can do Dian versus Galactus.

Hmmm. Well, I do think she's a much more skilled fighter than the guy with the hat