Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Spider-Man is instantly disqualified, on the grounds that his wrestling identity is Spider-Man, and so he's already revealing who he is to the public, whereas "Logan" hasn't yet revealed who he is to himself, yet.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Spider-Man is instantly disqualified, on the grounds that his wrestling identity is Spider-Man, and so he's already revealing who he is to the public, whereas "Logan" hasn't yet revealed who he is to himself, yet.
    Parker wasnt disqualified in his movie. he didnt get all the cash cause he didnt last the match for 3 mins. it was only a 2 min match.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    He managed to heal and got back up. the only bullet that really owned Logan was the adamantium bullet from stryker in X-men origins wolverine. but that doesnt apply here. X-men origins is not part of the trilogy
    He was still knock for at least a minute. If a bullet can knock him out, Peter will put him in a coma.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    He was still knock for at least a minute. If a bullet can knock him out, Peter will put him in a coma.
    Parker made phystical contact with Ottos face in SPider man 2 by punching him. Parker was even more advanced at that time and Otto didnt end up in any comma.

Parker made phystical contact with Ottos face in SPider man 2 by punching him. Parker was even more advanced at that time and Otto didnt end up in any comma.
    Its common knowledge that Peter pulls his punches as to not accidentally kill a guy and from what I've seen of his feats, he was holding back on Otto since he needed to know where mj was.

Its common knowledge that Peter pulls his punches as to not accidentally kill a guy and from what I've seen of his feats, he was holding back on Otto since he needed to know where mj was.
    Also, along those lines it is not a knock against Peter's strength so much as a plus to Doc Oct's durability.
    I mean, it is not like the guy is just a random Joe, he does have giant metal tentacles coming out of his back and is not really displayed as being very fragile.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Also, along those lines it is not a knock against Peter's strength so much as a plus to Doc Oct's durability.
    I mean, it is not like the guy is just a random Joe, he does have giant metal tentacles coming out of his back and is not really displayed as being very fragile.
    That too. Otto took a lot of stuff in the movie.

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

With no webbing, "Human Spider" Peter still wins...er, eventually.

He isn't quite as nimble as he is later in his superhero career or quite as strong, he's still fast enough to dodge a blindsided punch to the back of the head and strong enough to punch through a car roof like it was cardboard.

Wolverine took some good shots from Sabertooth from what I recall, so Spiderman will have to smack him around a lot rather than straight one-shot him like he would be able to in Spiderman 2 and beyond.

That too. Otto took a lot of stuff in the movie.
    Yep.
    I would be more than fine saying it was just Peter holding back were he hitting a normal person but Otto was clearly tough as Hell.
    Alternatively, a normal person who is consistently tough is much the same. I mean, Bruce Willis movies exist.
    - That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    what does the tentacles have to do with the durability of the rest of his body ? All the tentacles are is just a weapon attachment onto his back that is connected to his mind.

what does the tentacles have to do with the durability of the rest of his body ? All the tentacles are is just a weapon attachment onto his back that is connected to his mind.
    I was listing them as an example of the fact that he is clearly not a normal human.
    But even if he did not have the tentacles he was obviously more durable than a normal human.
    Again, see nearly any movie with Bruce Willis.

Also, along the lines of the fact that they connect to his mind.. who is to say that they do not affect his pain receptors? Or otherwise affect his body to make him physically tougher as well.
    We simply do not know. However, what we do know is that he is definitely much more durable than a normal human is.
    - That is all.

Starting the operation! GrampaGen's Avatar

He's more durable than a normal human what with being chucked onto a moving subway car and getting up with a grunt and a laugh then continuing the fight.

To what degree, though, isn't exactly quantifiable, especially if we're using Spiderman's punches as our measure.

Given that previously, he bursts out of rubble and later supports an entire brick wall of a warehouse with his strength, compounding this with his explicit need to find out where Mary-Jane was makes Spiderman failing to KO Otto and splattering his brains with his punches a case of PIS for the sake of dramatic tension and/or CIS in him holding back his true strength so he could take him alive.

...though, none of this is particularly relevant to the thread since Peter failed to punch a hole through Flash Thompson when he first got his powers anyways.

Parker wasnt disqualified in his movie. he didnt get all the cash cause he didnt last the match for 3 mins. it was only a 2 min match.
    My joke was more about how the rules of this match stipulate that they aren't allowed to reveal who they are; Spider-Man's entire wrestling identity is Spider-Man, so he automatically loses.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    My joke was more about how the rules of this match stipulate that they aren't allowed to reveal who they are; Spider-Man's entire wrestling identity is Spider-Man, so he automatically loses.
    u prefer the Human spider ?

Pete can just grab Logan's arms and go for the "quit hitting yourself" attack. If he doesn't give up out of sheer embarrassment, he should be knocked out fairly quickly.