Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think they were excepting more from Cap and Thor. I think criticaly it was more in the middle, not bad, not great. Box office-wise, the international receipts saved Thor from being a box office failure.

First Class it's something nobody expected anything from since it was basically an experiment. It was a critic darling but did not do gangbusters at the box office.
    I'm just saying when people think about First Class, they think of this quirky X-Men movie that was special but it wasn't this big box office champ that Fox were hoping for.
    Nope. You said just a few posts ago that they expected more from Cap and Thor, but nobody expected much from First Class, that it was an experiment.

Now you're saying Fox wanted it to be a big box office champ, and it wasn't successful because it didn't live up to expectations.

Can't have it both ways.

In fact, the truth is, First Class surpassed studio expectations, which only further qualifies it as a success.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Sure but I think it has to mean something Thor failed to connect in the US. It's a form of disapointement, I guess. Not a big one, I must say.
    It made 180 million, that's a lot of tickets.

And Marvel really isn't aimming at the domestic side of films.
    not to mention they keep the purse string tight ( Avengers was their most expensive film at a Buget of 220 million. everything else is at 150 million)
    Then their is the merchindising. Where THE REAL MONEY is Made. Hulk Gloves, Cap Shields IM repulsers Thor Hammers etc. action figuresThink how much Marvel is getting from that?
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Yes it sucked. ( not being sarcastic I hated the film with it's force feeding Batman's Morals and lack of a satisfactory concloustion to Dent's charecter arc)
    Whatever. One fanboy's opinion
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    And Marvel really isn't aimming at the domestic side of films.
    not to mention they keep the purse string tight ( Avengers was their most expensive film at a Buget of 220 million. everything else is at 150 million)
    Then their is the merchindising. Where THE REAL MONEY is Made. Hulk Gloves, Cap Shields IM repulsers Thor Hammers etc. action figuresThink how much Marvel is getting from that?
    I haven't been to a store that sells toys, or haven't been in a toy section at least, since Avengers came out, are there a ton of action figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Whatever. One fanboy's opinion
    I think a fanboy is a guy who is a huge fan of something, not someone who doesn't like something.
    That would be like...an antifanboy.
    Like me and big zeke.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I think a fanboy is a guy who is a huge fan of something, not someone who doesn't like something.
    That would be like...an antifanboy.
    Like me and big zeke.
    Fair point.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck