Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Amazing Fantasy #15 was supposed to take place ten years ago...! Why did it look like the 1960's? So confusing!
    Did you not wear suits all the time during 2002? Post-9/11 world was fancy!

Anyway, the past of comic characters being... well, more in the past than the present of them suggest has been a thing since around the 40s. Now a past that makes no sense in the real world-time... well, that's a new one i'll admit.

616 Peter being technically younger by origin comparison to Ultimate Peter is fun, though.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    It was horrible writing. Definitely not worth the hefty price tag, it should have been given out for free instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    If that's the case...

Grade: F-
    Did you even read it or are you just jumping to ridiculous conclusions?

I haven't read this book, but am interested. I usually don't care for retelling of origin stories, but with Marvel releasing all of these Season One books I find that I'm interested.

This was pretty much the worst of them. Although it probably doesn't help that the Spider-Man origin has been retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and retold and....
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

So am I the only who has a problem with digital redemption or does no one else give a flying F?

Season 1 was complete garbage. Peter came off as a dick with not stopping the guy. In other retellings, yeah, he had just gotten screwed over and said thief was stealing from the guy who screwed him. Here he was robbing an unrelated business, and Pete was making decent scratch. It wouldn't have hurt him to stop the bad guy, and he had all the reasons to do so. That just makes Peter look bad as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreen1 View Post
    Season 1 was complete garbage. Peter came off as a dick with not stopping the guy. In other retellings, yeah, he had just gotten screwed over and said thief was stealing from the guy who screwed him. Here he was robbing an unrelated business, and Pete was making decent scratch. It wouldn't have hurt him to stop the bad guy, and he had all the reasons to do so. That just makes Peter look bad as a person.
    Have you read Amazing Fantasy #15? Hes always been a major self-centered dick. He actually comes off a bit better here because at least he was somewhat distracted.
    Last edited by Probalus; 05-11-2012 at 03:13 AM.

I thought it was OK. The art was excellent. The story however was so "been there, done that." Maybe that's to be expected, but it feels like this interpretation did not enhance or add to the story in any way. One exception is the obnoxious addition of Miles. Another problem is that it makes it increasingly difficult to reconcile AF #15, ASM #1, AF #16-18, With Great Power and so forth. If you're a diehard Spider-Man collector, then you should have it. Otherwise, get it from the library or borrow it from a friend.

Also, I believe Busiek first established Jameson being at the TV show in Amazing Fantasy #18. Although in that case, Jameson hated Pete because Spider-Man’s appearance caused John to be bumped from the show’s lineup.
    Last edited by Chuckles; 05-11-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

BANNED

Sadly, this was terrible. (I sent mine back to Amazon for a refund)

Huge Spidey fan here. The concept, hardcover presentation, and even art was great. The dialogue and pacing were just bad. The dialogue never rings true. Very comic booky, no emotional thought or truth ever comes out. The humor fails. And the pacing was too quick. Should have cut out the villain and focused solely on the Unvle Ben story.

Sadly, no origin has ever been as powerful as the movie origin, followed by Amazing Fantasy #15, followed by Ultimate. This, is sadly, not worth a read.

Huh. I felt this was the best of the Season 1's so far. All the others came across to me as simple rehashings of early stories, while this was more a reimagining. It spent a chunk of time with him doing the celebrity thing, and showed him getting a swelled head. The fights with the Vulture were also well-done.

As far as the Season 1 comics being 616 continuity, I've decided not to consider them in continuity. I mean, FF Season 1 contradicts canon.

The Lord of the Newbies EmperorKell-El's Avatar

Default Spider-Man: Season 1- Is it worth picking up?

I read the preview for it and I found it really good. But before I make my purchase, I'd like to know what you people think about it.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

it was ok but they totally omited the crusher wrestling scene, it went from him seeing crusher on TV to sometime after the big fight. i thought my copy was missing pages. other than that i cant really complain its a pretty good read, i have the digital copy of it im not using, its on ebay, real cheap.

It wasnt really anything new or a different take on spider-man but I kind of liked the art

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorKell-El View Post
    I read the preview for it and I found it really good. But before I make my purchase, I'd like to know what you people think about it.
    It's really not worth a read :/
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

It doesn't really add anything new to the table honestly. Better off just rereading USM first few issues.

It was the worst of the Season 1 stuff. Probably didn't help that no origin has been rehashed as much as Pete's has. At this point, it's pretty air tight. There's not much room for revelation.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com