Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Sewersaint View Post
    Wait, do DC still own the rights to all the Milestone properties? If so then that's what I'd do with the money - a Milestone Franchise.

First up, Hardware - Because that's how Marvel set up the Avengers franchise with Iron Man. How do you get people to see the black Iron Man and not think it's Steel II? Hmmm, probably casting a basketball player to act in it isn't a good start but that's what I'd do because the difference is Ray Allen can act. You got game? You know he does. How do I get crazy media coverage? Cameo appearance of Barack Obama as the mayor of um, whatever the Milestone city was called.

Next up, Static - Young kid with powers who gets inspired by the new hero Hardware (tie-in with the first movie of the franchise) and the re-emergence of the old hero Icon (tie-in to the next product).

Finally the one that could destroy the franchise, Icon - the TV series. So having made two movies we blow the rest of the 400 pound budget on a TV series. Hopefully there's enough remaining to do something great with.

Now if those three projects generate the necessary profit. Milestone superteam action movie. Awesome.
    DC has the right to publish Milestone comics, They don't own Static. I'm not sure what the deal is outside of comics since Rockett & Icon and Static are appearing on Young Justice. I think of the WB wanted a Static film they could do it no matter how bad DC treats him in the comics.

NO basketball player or rapper doing any Milestone guys. You need a real actor to play any of them.

Hill Harper, Jaleel White or Carl Lumby (depending on how old Hardware is) could do him.

Icon-I always pictured Lawrence Fishburne in that role. Especially after seeing him in the Matrix. I guess Keke Palmer could be Rockett. Zoe (from Star Trek) would be too old.

Static-Lee Thompson Young, Arjay Smith (both who have done series playing guys who were heroes or had powers), James Tyler Williams and I just forgot the last guy. Arjay would probably get it since he's made a career of playing nerdy black guys.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC has the right to publish Milestone comics, They don't own Static. I'm not sure what the deal is outside of comics since Rockett & Icon and Static are appearing on Young Justice. I think of the WB wanted a Static film they could do it no matter how bad DC treats him in the comics.

NO basketball player or rapper doing any Milestone guys. You need a real actor to play any of them.

Hill Harper, Jaleel White or Carl Lumby (depending on how old Hardware is) could do him.

Icon-I always pictured Lawrence Fishburne in that role. Especially after seeing him in the Matrix. I guess Keke Palmer could be Rockett. Zoe (from Star Trek) would be too old.

Static-Lee Thompson Young, Arjay Smith (both who have done series playing guys who were heroes or had powers), James Tyler Williams and I just forgot the last guy. Arjay would probably get it since he's made a career of playing nerdy black guys.
    I got to stick up for Ray Allen though, check out "He Got Game" I think he can act and he's near the end of his playing days so by the time the script is ready he'll be ready for a new challenge. Also he'll be almost 40, which is about the age I want for Hardware.

I thought of Lawrence Fishburne for Icon at first too. Then I remembered how old he looked on CSI, yep the Matrix was a long time ago. Also even in the Matrix he was looking a little more like George Reeves than Christopher. Maybe Jamie Foxx could get a shot as Icon. I mean if Icon is the third property (and I still think it should be a tv show) he'd be around 50 along that timeline.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Take the money and run!
    Yeah, I'd do that.

Green Arrow: use Year One as the launch pad if you're aiming for today's audience (pun intended).

Wonder Woman: surely someone can get Dinah right.

The one Justice League story I'd like to see done is Seven Caskets. Think it would be neat to see a dark fantasy/slight Lovecraftian threat for the JL. It would also be different than the cosmic threats we've seen in the Avengers and Green Lantern.

Sadly, a Warlord movie won't happen.

If DC had the guts to go Vertigo, American Vampire.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I don't know if DC need guts but brains. I mean how did Constantine turn out? It'd be unfair to pick on Swamp thing but they did Losers which was a Vertigo series.

Basically go the Marvel Studios route by starting with characters who are known, but aren't well known. For example, I think that everyone KNEW about Iron Man, Captain America and Thor before their movies but I don't think many people knew much about the characters.

Forgive me, but I'm going to skip the budget boundaries for a second.

First Movie - Superman. Start with him meeting all the members of the regular cast first and then have him battle Mongul.
    Second Movie - Batman. Forget all the Nolan serious stuff. Forget the "no Robins allowed" rule. Mention the origin in bits as it's probably one of the few superhero origins that has been memorized by members of the public during infancy. Make the villain be somebody like Blockbuster or Bane.
    Third Movie - Wonder Woman. Start with her battling off either Ares or Circe. Etta Candy and Steve Trevor are musts.
    Fourth Movie - Green Lantern with Hal Jordan. Imply that there are other humans from Earth suitable for the job. Give clues to how "big" the DC Universe really is.
    Fifth - They all come together for a JL movie. Focus on the characters who haven't been shown much yet give the big guys the scenes they deserve. Darkseid is the villain. Show how powerful he is by making him capture all the villains from previous movies or show that he defeated all of them. Lots of New Gods imagery throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    This fact DOESN'T MATTER. Just go on the power fantasy trip, for ****'s sake.
    This.

Ten Characters.

I got to stick up for Ray Allen though, check out "He Got Game" I think he can act and he's near the end of his playing days so by the time the script is ready he'll be ready for a new challenge. Also he'll be almost 40, which is about the age I want for Hardware.

I thought of Lawrence Fishburne for Icon at first too. Then I remembered how old he looked on CSI, yep the Matrix was a long time ago. Also even in the Matrix he was looking a little more like George Reeves than Christopher. Maybe Jamie Foxx could get a shot as Icon. I mean if Icon is the third property (and I still think it should be a tv show) he'd be around 50 along that timeline.
    I think Denzel Washington would make a good Icon.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I saw He Got Game. He might work but you still have to win over folks who would wouldn't support a jock or musician in any lead acting role especially as major as any Milestone guy . Maybe if he does some more roles and build up his resume he might work.

Jaime Foxx? Maybe but I can picture him as Holocaust for some reason.

I would go with Scalped. When was the last time a film featured Native Americans in the lead role?

I would only touch Sandman if I could get Tim Burton to direct.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

1. Young Justice 3D
    I'd ride the wave of success Young Justice is getting and release a 3-d cartoon movie in the same style as Pixar. Here, I'd probably try to keep certain aspects cheap (voice acting, etc), and have the story drafted in the style of a light heart comedy with action. There'd be no origin business going on in the movie. It'd be all about fun. Comparatively speaking, I'd want something like Monster vs Aliens meets The Incrediables.

2. Dc Universe Presents The End of the World~
    This movie would feature the lesser known Dc heroes and villains. it would be lower budget, but it would strive to present a character driven story about a bunch of second rate nobodies who, while the world falls apart around them, try their best to help in what little ways they can. Within this movie we'd also gets hints of larger more well known heroes existence without ever seeing them. Boston Brand would be one of many stars.

3. Superboy: Romance Dawn
    The origin would be loosely told in the first 5 minutes. Lex would be seen in the opening credits, and promptly get killed off with Superman ins an action packed Suit vs Super sequence. After that superboy would be about trying to find his way. The story would be similar to the first 3 in NUDc Superboy. However, Superboy would not gain abilities behind the TK range. Starfire would be the love interest.

3. Batman: Justice League Calls. Aka Trinity
    Opening scene is batman giving up the mantle and pursuing change strictly through political channels and so forth. The first quarter of the movie would be used to show how dramatically Batman is straying from the ideals of truth and justice. Additionally, an extremely brief reference of about 20 seconds would be made to his origin. After that point change would happen very quickly. So much so in fact, new heroes would become to come out of the would work. Superman would appear only to get surprised by Krpytonite and get the crap kicked out of him. Batman throws him in prison. WW shows up next but somehow gets dealt with just as hard. In prison, powerless Diana gets some of her origin revealed, while fighting off normal humans who want a piece of her. Eventually, we're taken to Batman in a live execution to show the world Human's must protect themselves from monsters. That's when the real Batman shows up, cape and cowl brimming in the darkness. Turns out it was brainaic....Batman somehow frees WW and Superman.
    The movie goes from there and eventually hints at 4 other heroes that will join our three.

4. Animal Man
    Last edited by Thanos Classic; 05-13-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...