Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lol, i might post some pages tomorrow.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't think it is. Tomasi made it pretty clear in that interview that Damian is not on friendly terms with Jason or Tim and he has never seemed to be so in the past.
    ... Fail. Screw it, I'm stopping defending this book. After reading that interview, I've lost all hope for Tomasi getting Damian. Damian treated Dick as one would treat a favourite uncle and big brother, and while he never overly warmed to Tim I never got the feeling he disliked him. Tim hurt Damian by putting him on the Hit List. Being viewed as a threat and therefore competent would be a compliment to his ability usually, but not being trusted hurt Damian a lot. And I get the feeling pre-FP Damian and nu-Jason would get on as least as well as Damian and Dick pre-FP. Crazy Jason and any Damian, dislike is unsurprising.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't think it is. Tomasi made it pretty clear in that interview that Damian is not on friendly terms with Jason or Tim and he has never seemed to be so in the past.
    so? we already knew that even before Tomasi even touch the character
    Tim was the previous robin and he hates him and Jason shot him in the stomach on BftC
    this is not new information

which is why exploring this further more is a great thing for both he character and the book

im just looking at where the character is going to be in the next 3-5 years and this kind of stories are essential and personally i think Tomasi is doing a great job at it
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

I'll only be disappointed if Damian and Dick are not somewhat friendly/brotherly to one another. Not to say that there shouldn't be any rivalry, because Damian is always challenging everyone about everything. Still, the past D&D should get some respect as another poster had put up the panels showing how Damian felt about Dick and their progress being a team/family/friends. I really don't want that to be rebooted/ignored in favor of making Damian an even bigger problem child. He'll be bratty enough to Jason and Tim as it is.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Damian treated Dick as one would treat a favourite uncle and big brother
    Um, no he didn't. Damian acted like an arrogant brat to Dick. Sure he eventually grew to really like and respect Dick, maybe even love him, but he would never tell him that, and in no way treated Dick as one would treat a favourite uncle and big brother. Far from it.

and while he never overly warmed to Tim I never got the feeling he disliked him.
    Hahahaha if u never got the feeling that he disliked Tim, then im just not sure what books u were reading.

Tim hurt Damian by putting him on the Hit List. Being viewed as a threat and therefore competent would be a compliment to his ability usually, but not being trusted hurt Damian a lot. And I get the feeling pre-FP Damian and nu-Jason would get on as least as well as Damian and Dick pre-FP. Crazy Jason and any Damian, dislike is unsurprising.
    Damian is an arrogant little aristocrat, who looks down on just about everyone. While Jason is a street kid with a chip on his shoulder and inadequacy issues. So ya, not seeing them get along.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-11-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Um, no he didn't. Damian acted like an arrogant brat to Dick. Sure he eventually grew to really like and respect Dick, maybe even love him, but he would never tell him that, and in no way treated Dick as one would treat a favourite uncle and big brother. Far from it.
    "When my father gets back, will we still be B&R?"
    "We", not "screw you grayson when my father gets back, me and him will be B&R".

And then Bruce gets back and starts telling them about Inc and Damian interrupts with:
    "But father, what about B&R?"

Damian did mellow out. Sure he's never gonna be the loving little brother, but there's a big difference to his stance towards dick from what it was in say... BftC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Sure he's never gonna be the loving little brother
    And there's my point. Like i said he grew to like Dick, maybe even love him, but Damian is well Damian. Even though he might like Dick, he's too lovably arrogant to actually directly show it. He's never treated Dick as favorite uncle or big brother, he's shown a fondness for him, yes, and came to really respect him, but Damian just doesn't do treating anybody like a favorite anything or like a brother. Its just not in his personalty.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-11-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Damian not liking Tim or Jason is ok.

Him not respecting and loving Dick is so OOC of him is not even funny.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    he didnt say anything about that

in fact he said completely the opposite
    that Damian respects Dick a lot
    I think he does more than respect Dick though it'll be a long ass time before he admits it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yes exactly. Reading the interview i felt like tomasi was saying "yeah damian respects him but that's it". Dude, D&D are bros for life. The kid almost didnt want his own father to return from the dead because he liked being Dick's Robin.

And that reminds me about the price that we paid for the 52.

the top image is cute
    And there's my point. Like i said he grew to like Dick, maybe even love him, but Damian is well Damian. Even though he might like Dick, he's too lovably arrogant to actually directly show it. He's never treated Dick as favorite uncle or big brother, he's shown a fondness for him, yes, and came to really respect him, but Damian just doesn't do treating anybody like a favorite anything or like a brother. Its just not in his personalty.
    but you gotta admit that if something happened to Grayson he'd lose it right?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Damian not liking Tim or Jason is ok.

Him not respecting and loving Dick is so OOC of him is not even funny.
    Tomasi said that he has respect for Grayson, but u know Damian could be mad at Dick for ditching him. Though we have seen them working together in Batman, Batwing, and even The Dark Knight. So he still around him and involved, but u never know how Damian might feel about how the whole thing played out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    but you gotta admit that if something happened to Grayson he'd lose it right?
    He'd probably kill somebody.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-11-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

It is true that fans do exaggerate how open Damian is about his feelings but it's not like the subtext isn't there. Besides it's cute.

Tomasi said that he has respect for Grayson, but u know Damian could be mad at Dick for ditching him. Though we have seen them working together in Batman, Batwing, and even The Dark Knight. So he still around him and involved, but u never know how Damian might feel about how the whole thing played out there.
    Him trying to prove he's better than Dick sounds OOC. I doubt Damian cares. Tim is the one that threatened his position, not Dick. And him not liking Jason is logical since not only did Jason shot him, he's also what Damian could become if he goes down the wrong path.

I'm worried Tomasi is going to downplay their relationship. Damian never said it, but it's obvious he loves Dick as a brother.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

He'd probably kill somebody.
    he looooooves dick

one of the few people I see tease him and get away with it relatively unscathed
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Him trying to prove he's better than Dick sounds OOC. I doubt Damian cares. Tim is the one that threatened his position, not Dick. And him not liking Jason is logical since not only did Jason shot him, he's also what Damian could become if he goes down the wrong path.
    I agree.

I'm worried Tomasi is going to downplay their relationship. Damian never said it, but it's obvious he loves Dick as a brother.
    I'm worried about that as well because of how this interview sounds. I'm also a tad worried about how Tomasi is going to handle Tim and Jason's characterization in the arc. I really hope he doesn't go the route of other writers and make Jason into a crazed lunatic for no other reason than it fits with the story. He's not been protrayed as such in the New 52 thus far.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.