Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel's Next Big Thing: "Venom" LIVE!

Cullen Bunn steps into the role of "Venom" writer full time, and he and Rick Remender are talking up the next phase of Flash Thompson's life LIVE!

Full article here.

As we all predicted months ago, this is Rick's last story as Bunn is taking over.

They have a LOT of faith in Bunn. Captain America team-up, Wolverine, Venom, and co-writing Brubaker's Captain America. Can't say I've been impressed by anything he's done, though.

Time to drop "Venom". Just wasted my money on Season One that was written by Bunn and it was horrible derivative garbage. They should have just reprinted AF #15 & ASM #2, those two issues are far better than Season One.

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    As we all predicted months ago, this is Rick's last story as Bunn is taking over.

They have a LOT of faith in Bunn. Captain America team-up, Wolverine, Venom, and co-writing Brubaker's Captain America. Can't say I've been impressed by anything he's done, though.
    I still don't get why they made a big deal of him taking over Wolverine when it looks like it will only be for 1 arc, then Loeb takes over to tell his Sabertooth story. Curious if he is in line to take over Cap as well? Bru has slightly hinted that he could be leaving Cap soon.
    Anyway, I like what Bunn did in Fearless. Venom has been great, but I dropped it before Circle of 4 because I needed to cut my pull list down. I'll probably pick it up in trade form going forward.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Bunn is coming back after the Loeb story. It's just bad scheduling.

Anyway, probably dropping after this Savage Six story. It feels like a good jumping off point, with most of the plot threads from the beginning wrapping up and Rick leaving. I wonder what he's doing next.

I absolutely loved what Remender did for Venom! I don't know much about Bunn's style of writing, but I'm excited for this new direction.

Not liking the whole thing about more leeway with killing characters.

Spidey's in a spot where his traditional supporting cast has all but disappeared, I'd be somewhat miffed if Betty is killed in a spinoff of all things.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

BANNED

I will give bunn a shot .'

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Wait, he's co-writing the main Cap book?

EDIT: Ugh, I just looked it up. Bunn's indie stuff is just streets ahead of his Marvel work. Just stop, please.
    I rule me.

BANNED

Been wanting to jump on board Venom for a while now. Sadly the Marvel in their infinite wisdom don't seem to want to put out the 2nd arc in tpb choosing instead to force me to buy a Spider Island tpb. So nah..... Don't want to buy half the story so far and not gonna jump on board until I caught up. Well done Marvel yet again.

All I want for Christmas is for 'Venom' to get a regular artist. I may hold off on issue #23 to see if it's any good before I buy it, as the whole reason I took a chance on the comic was Remender and Moore. I could live with only Remender on the comic after Moore left, but now there will be a writer I don't know and inconsistent art... Yeah, I'll wait on the reviews for #23.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Bunn is coming back after the Loeb story. It's just bad scheduling.
    Ya, I wondered if that was the case. I thought the Sabertooth story was supposed to be a separate mini. I guess they went this route instead.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    Ya, I wondered if that was the case. I thought the Sabertooth story was supposed to be a separate mini. I guess they went this route instead.
    Because Wolverine has a built-in fanbase they can rotate in Wolverine stories by different creative teams and hope people won't mind too much. Plus, there's gonna be close to half a dozen variant covers to go along with it. It'll sell better like this, but the scheduling is screwed to hell.

Four issues by Bunn, then filler/inventory story they had sitting around for years, then completely different Loeb/Bianchi thing, then back to Bunn.

Welp, I don't know who this new guy is, but I'm loving this title, so I'll stick around for an arc or two to wait see how it goes.

Was only on-board for Remender, so I'm out.

Really hope that this doesn't mean Bunn is taking over Cap as well, but signs are certainly pointing in that direction
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW