Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Is not really an issue, She-Hulk is also suppose to be in Tabula Rasa. Clearly everything after Rogue's class in Legacy takes place after the Location fights in AvX 4. Otherwise how/why would the Avengers know that Rachel and co joined the fight? I'm thinking that's how it works anyways. Gambit simply returns to the School much as She-Hulk returns from Tabula Rasa.
    That in turn, however, isn't reconcilable with the fact Gambit's right back at the school. If the Avengers are sending people to "passively observe" and make sure nobody else goes to join Scott, I have to imagine that known enemy combatants being at the mansion would screw that up.

My guess is that the situation resolves itself with Moon Knight crossing the line and seriously injuring/killing Frenzy. That would be plenty to cause Gambit to get fed up and join up with Scott as well as explaining why Falcon and Moon Knight are nowhere to be found in the roster (Someone's got to haul Moon Knight's crazy ass in) and giving Rogue plenty of reason to tell She Hulk and Iron Man to get off her lawn, which opens them up. That'd place it square in the realm between three and four (With portions of Legacy coming before issue three ended as others have pointed out).

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    That in turn, however, isn't reconcilable with the fact Gambit's right back at the school. If the Avengers are sending people to "passively observe" and make sure nobody else goes to join Scott, I have to imagine that known enemy combatants being at the mansion would screw that up.
    Why would Gambit's presence screw that up? They would be ensuring he doesn't go back to help them.

Wakanda is going to be the funnest!

Storm vs. Black Panther - divorce or execution, which Henry VIII-style marital solution will Ororo take?! Also, I hope Rachel squishes Iron Fist into pulp and the racist Wakandans tear Black Widow limb-from-limb for being Russian.

Maybe that book gave Shaw so much energy he threw Jeffries to the Savage Land?

Yeah, that's about the best I can do.
    Pixie is teleporting people on the sly?

Why would Gambit's presence screw that up? They would be ensuring he doesn't go back to help them.
    It doesn't match up with his dialogue. He's clearly talking as if he hadn't done any fighting. Plus, we don't know how long the fights last or what happens after seeing as that issue hasn't come out yet.

I love the teams/squad breakdowns. The Latveria team is amazing as is the Wakanda team.

Didn't Sunspot fly in Second Coming? I thought he was flying and shooting the power blasts when they went against Hodge and Karma lost her leg. He has been flying in DnA New Mutants though.
    Longtime lurker, new found poster
    @thomboleyn on the twitter

So Gambit wakes up, teaches classes, goes to the Savage Land to fight Captain America and then goes back to the school to teach more classes? In the presumably short timeframe the series has taken place over so far?

If this were liable to taking place over a week, it'd be a stretch considering the odds of Gambit going back to the school after joining up with Scott are extraordinarily slim to begin with. Drop that down to the fact this has all taken place over the course of a day, maybe two, and it enters the realm of ludicrously improbable. And that's not even accounting for the fact that the Avengers likely wouldn't be in "passive" mode when they showed up at the school if a guy who just finished fighting Captain America was teaching there at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax1981 View Post
    Pixie is teleporting people on the sly?
    This is, unfortunately, the most reasonable explanation. She's teleporting people at random and they're just kind of going with it because, really, it's not like it's that much of a break from routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It doesn't match up with his dialogue. He's clearly talking as if he hadn't done any fighting. Plus, we don't know how long the fights last or what happens after seeing as that issue hasn't come out yet.
    As I said before, that could be Gage just being purposely vague because of the order the issues would come out, or simply he forgot about it.

The fact is, The Avengers won't know about Rachel and Co till after AvX 4. They are not aware that Rachel gave the x-men intel, and the only person that knew on the Avengers side was kicked off a plane. In the Uncanny preview the X-Men ambush the Avengers, so they wouldn't know that some teachers from the school joined yet, cause they weren't expecting the X-Men at the locations. The only way it works with the teacher's joining reference and Gambit and She-Hulk there is that it takes place after the fights.

So Gambit wakes up, teaches classes, goes to the Savage Land to fight Captain America and then goes back to the school to teach more classes? In the presumably short timeframe the series has taken place over so far?

If this were liable to taking place over a week, it'd be a stretch considering the odds of Gambit going back to the school after joining up with Scott are extraordinarily slim to begin with. Drop that down to the fact this has all taken place over the course of a day, maybe two, and it enters the realm of ludicrously improbable. And that's not even accounting for the fact that the Avengers likely wouldn't be in "passive" mode when they showed up at the school if a guy who just finished fighting Captain America was teaching there at that moment.
    Of course the time frame they're giving us is pretty rediculous but doesn't make the order of it any less true. Who's to say how the Cap/Gambit fight went down, who's to say that She-Hulk and co know that Gambit was among them? Cap could've just said "Some teachers from JG were here, go make sure no more join." This is all happening fast and messy and not everyone of the characters has the full facts, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they don't know the whole story of what went down in the Savage Land.

Legacy more than likely takes place before AvX4 and the battles around the world.
    For all we know SheHulk, Falcon and Moon Knight showing up at the school only lasts a couple of hours before they leave and SheHulk goes to Tabula Rasa and Gambit goes to the Savage land.

As I said before, that could be Gage just being purposely vague because of the order the issues would come out, or simply he forgot about it.

The fact is, The Avengers won't know about Rachel and Co till after AvX 4. They are not aware that Rachel gave the x-men intel, and the only person that knew on the Avengers side was kicked off a plane. In the Uncanny preview the X-Men ambush the Avengers, so they wouldn't know that some teachers from the school joined yet, cause they weren't expecting the X-Men at the locations. The only way it works with the teacher's joining reference and Gambit and She-Hulk there is that it takes place after the fights.
    That doesn't even work until we know what happens during the fights. Who's to say they don't go elsewhere afterwards?

BANNED

lol guys you will drive yourselves crazy. The editors just weren't that organised in regards to who was where. I suppose that's going to happen with all the writers and two different sets of editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    lol guys you will drive yourselves crazy. The editors just weren't that organised in regards to who was where. I suppose that's going to happen with all the writers and two different sets of editors.
    I'm having fun piecing together the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Legacy more than likely takes place before AvX4 and the battles around the world.
    For all we know SheHulk, Falcon and Moon Knight showing up at the school only lasts a couple of hours before they leave and SheHulk goes to Tabula Rasa and Gambit goes to the Savage land.
    Yeah, it may be the tipping point that pushes Gambit into action even.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---