Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Maybe Kevin Feige did not like Gregg's face or something.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

I've really grown to like Coulson's character, and the whole theater gasped in disbelief when he was killed on screen. But even though he's one of my favorite characters, I don't want him to come back alive in the following films, since it will certainly cheapen the value of his sacrifice and erase every sense of danger and suspense. It will make every 'death' into a light hearted, "eh, he/she can come back later anyway, so what's the big deal?" reaction. Coulson's part as "The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent" can be given to Maria Hill to make her a more prominent character in the movie universe.

And I think a team called "The Avengers" naturally needs something or someone to be avenged, since it's right there in the damn name. Just like Superman is a super-powered man, and Batman is a crime fighter with a bat-theme. Otherwise, the name is meaningless.

Honestly this is the first Whedon kill that actually feels justified. Hopfully they make a shield prequel that gives Coulson a heavy feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Loud Prince View Post
    I've really grown to like Coulson's character, and the whole theater gasped in disbelief when he was killed on screen. But even though he's one of my favorite characters, I don't want him to come back alive in the following films, since it will certainly cheapen the value of his sacrifice and erase every sense of danger and suspense. It will make every 'death' into a light hearted, "eh, he/she can come back later anyway, so what's the big deal?" reaction. Coulson's part as "The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent" can be given to Maria Hill to make her a more prominent character in the movie universe.

And I think a team called "The Avengers" naturally needs something or someone to be avenged, since it's right there in the damn name. Just like Superman is a super-powered man, and Batman is a crime fighter with a bat-theme. Otherwise, the name is meaningless.
    An interesting crowd, I don't think there was much of a reaction in the audience at all to his death when I saw, except laughter when he said, "so that's what it does..."

My theater had a collective "aaaaawww..." when Loki shanked him.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    An interesting crowd, I don't think there was much of a reaction in the audience at all to his death when I saw, except laughter when he said, "so that's what it does..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    My theater had a collective "aaaaawww..." when Loki shanked him.
    Yeah, saw it twice in different theaters in different cities, the whole crowd gasped when Loki stabbed him. Of course the "so that's what it does..." moment always bring the laughter out as well.
    SHSO Squad Name : Danger Loud Prince
    Squad Level : 730+
    Favorite Heroes : Avengers Iron Man / Ghost Rider / Deadpool / War Machine / Avengers Hawkeye / Gambit / Spider-Man Noir