Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Red Hood and the Outlaws #9 Preview/Discussion SPOILERS

http://io9.com/5909196/its-jason-tod...nd-the-outlaws

Kenneth Rocafort, once again, SO GOOD.

BANNED

I just realized this is the only Night of the Owls issue I'll be reading.

Looks good. I think I will pick it up.

Looking good as always. I'm looking forward to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I've read five of them and of the five I only liked three so far: Batman, Batwing and Detective. Batgirl had a nice story but it didn't really feel organic to the book and I was never able to suspend my disbelief while reading this issue of Batman and Robin because of several glaring inconsistancies in the book.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

This looks great, like always. Looking forward to this... "He has to, I'm the designated driver!"

Also, the comments there made me think... Starfire really hasn't been "ridiculous" lately. Unless they just mean her costume.

A bit too much exposition, not to mention the reader really should just need to read the previous RHTO, But then again that transaction is referenced or should have been used on this issue to make it all "new reader friendly" as Lobdell likes.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    A bit too much exposition, not to mention the reader really should just need to read the previous RHTO, But then again that transaction is referenced or should have been used on this issue to make it all "new reader friendly" as Lobdell likes.
    I didn't like how Mr. Freeze knew about the Talons targeting influential people in Gotham. Seems that he worked for the Court and didn't know it.

Looks like a ton of fun. I've realized more and more as the groove has been found that it's not Lobdell's writing I dislike, it's the design-sense of the New 52 titles he's on. That still stands with Red Hood, easily the title of his that I truly find to be fun and quirky. Rocafort is great, but the Red Hood's Frank Quitely costume was definitely better (or even the Winick hybrid variant). But Lobdell is cool because he addresses these things like with the scene where Jason raids one of Nightwing's old wardrobes. I love that kind of stuff.

I even dig the over-exposition from the Talon (Jason found a chatty one, did he?) and the contrast between killer birds with acrobatic histories who've died and come back to life one way or another. And anytime you factor in Roy, more's the better.

I like the Freeze redesign, I'm eager to see other artists tackle it.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Looks good, definitely picking up.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Can't frigging wait for this! Jason Todd kicking some Talon ass. Of course he has to come back and show the other batboy's how it's done!
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

This looks good
    looking forward too
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

This art is so freaking cool.

With Kenneth Rocafort, Guillem March, and now Travel Foreman, DC is putting three of my favorite artists on Bat-books I either don't enjoy or really care about
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I love this book!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Same here. I was a bit ashamed before, because I loathe these event cross-overs, but it's good enough for a consulting detective...
    Last edited by Static-Pulse; 05-10-2012 at 07:52 PM.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Looks pretty good. And by the standard of Teen Titans, thats no exposition at all.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood