Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HULK #51 with The Forgiven

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prv12279_cov.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	93080
    Preview.

I am still not satisfied with Marvel's presentation consistency of how vampire's exist in the 616 after all these years. So, getting into this issue had me very leary to start but it turned out to be a solid story with solid artwork - hence, good. However, by the end they have us believing that Raizo, and the Unforgiven, were purged years ago of all the evil elements that make a MU vampire but kept all the perks not to mention their original souls. This still feels so wrong based on what we have seen with vampyr canon - everywhere. And if this Pool of Penance cures them... then when did Raizo plan on bringing Jubilee for a bath? I expect things will go on the way they have been for these no-so-really undead until more sticklers ask for a more definitive soul searching story for their kind.

Aaanyways, some more issue notes include:

-we meet a new sect, Moksha Sect. They practice augury. So, how many sects have been named in the MU now? Is there a list?
    -we get an international setting for the Pool. Spain is a refreshing different choice for this unique new Marvel locale.
    -we have another Dr. Strange cameo. It's nice to carryover his appearance from last issue. Unfortunately, he proves as useful as the wannabe Wikia site quickly shut down for system maintenance.
    -we do not a have very enjoyable fight with Rulk vs the 'hyrda' guardian. Yet, the predictable stalemate clash with The Forgiven ended up being... alright as quick spotlight on each member. Though, this is pretty much all readers have been getting if they have been following this team from title to title.
    -we see Visigoth taste blood. So, does this return his blood-addiction and curse? Is such a bite a pre-siring stage for Rulk so he has nothing to worry about? Who knows? Not the point of the story - just a pet peeve point.
    -we learn the true intention of Rulk was to cure himself and not ruin the chances of everyother cursed character. It was an interesting twist. Especially, if any other story/writer picks up on this Pool thing later.
    -we finally see a shadowed form of Rulk's mystical foe and here him soliloquy for another day.
    -we can expect a future team up promised by The Forgiven as they part apologetic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FORGIVEN.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	93081

Looking forward to reading this. If it's one thing I respect about Parker it's that he knows how to use the broader MU well.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I haven't been reading this series but the advertisement for it in AvX really got me interested. Is it any good?
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I haven't been reading this series but the advertisement for it in AvX really got me interested. Is it any good?
    Yes, it's a consistently good quality title. The writing ranges from solid to excellent, and the art by Pagulayan is simple but great.

I'd jump on at issue #53, which kicks off the Mayan Rule story arc. Dale Eaglesham is on art for that, and he's fantastic. That arc will also guest star Alpha Flight, Machine Man, A-Bomb and both She-Hulks.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    Yes, it's a consistently good quality title. The writing ranges from solid to excellent, and the art by Pagulayan is simple but great.

I'd jump on at issue #53, which kicks off the Mayan Rule story arc. Dale Eaglesham is on art for that, and he's fantastic. That arc will also guest star Alpha Flight, Machine Man, A-Bomb and both She-Hulks.
    Oh I thought it was this issue that started that storyline.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

strong issue, not quite as excellent as issue 50 was, but still extremely solid as always. my favorite Marvel book month in month out.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Oh I thought it was this issue that started that storyline.
    It started in the anniversary sized issue #50. So you'd only be one month behind. Note that issue 50 does cost one more dollar, but not only do you get a back up story you also get some behind-the-scenes commentary to give you more background on Red and his villains who are all awesome.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    It started in the anniversary sized issue #50. So you'd only be one month behind. Note that issue 50 does cost one more dollar, but not only do you get a back up story you also get some behind-the-scenes commentary to give you more background on Red and his villains who are all awesome.
    This is true Point One is one of the best female villains and any comic.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

I just recently Read through all of Parkers run on Hulk. The man is a genius. He makes a character hated by so many and liked by so few, really awesome. Hulk is one of my favorite books and I am sure the next arc will be no different and amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    -we have another Dr. Strange cameo. It's nice to carryover his appearance from last issue. Unfortunately, he proves as useful as the wannabe Wikia site quickly shut down for system maintenance.
    Eh? What happens? What does he do?

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

really awesome issue

Hulk right now is the better of the Hulk books IMO
    again if you asked me 2 years ago that I would be enjoyinga red hulk title I would laugh right in front of your face
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

so, was Jubilee even in this issue? Thanks! :)

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_boyfriend View Post
    so, was Jubilee even in this issue? Thanks! :)
    no she wasn't in this issue
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

this was a good issue, as usual, but i'm so tired of The Forgiven showing up. Enough with these guys already.

Marvel seems to be setting something up...I don't know what though. Dracula leading the vampire nation once again, Brad the Vampire trying to steal the throne, then these guys doing their thing. Not sure where Blade or the Legion of Monsters fit in...hopefully this turns out well though.