Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    139

    Default Valiant Comics sales talk

    Does anyone know how good XO Manowar no1 sold in its first week out? Has it sold out through diamond yet? I hope these books sell good because we need a company other than Marvel/DC/Image to release books set within a self contained universe where people can follow fresh characters and a new company. Anyone know the sales?

  2. #2
    Michael md62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,116
    Last edited by md62; 05-10-2012 at 04:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dark-Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    Glad to hear that. I know i'll be back for #2 and will most likly check out the other books.

  4. #4
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HasbroSlayer84 View Post
    Does anyone know how good XO Manowar no1 sold in its first week out? Has it sold out through diamond yet? I hope these books sell good because we need a company other than Marvel/DC/Image to release books set within a self contained universe where people can follow fresh characters and a new company. Anyone know the sales?
    It was reported to be sold out at Diamond for 42,000 issues, as mentioned above. This number likely includes all covers and even international orders.

    Many stores are sold out and some didn't order any at all. Over at ValiantFans.com message boards, Dino, one of Valiant's PR/Marketing guys has been asking for info on store sell outs so they can contact them to place reorders. No word on whether or not this involves a second print, or if they are connecting these stores with some of the retailers like Paradise and Larry's that ordered 1,000-2,000 copies and are redistributing.

    XO was also the 14th highest selling book on Comixology last week, which shows solid interest in the book. That number was higher than many Marvel and DC offerings for the week, and is a good forboading for Valiant.

    I think after the success XO has had we can expect similar, if not better, numbers out of Harbinger next month and Bloodshot in July.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  5. #5
    NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Well, at 42,000 orders that will be way more than enough to put the book in the top 60 of the Diamond Top 300 orders chart, thus making Valiant the only non-Marvel/DC book in the top 60 for the month. Most Image/Dark Horse/Dynamite/IDW popular books land anywhere between #70-200 on the Diamond 300, so if Valiant even lost a decent chunk and orders remain consistent at a 30% drop they'd still be looking at 25,000+ orders which would more than keep them in the top 300 going forward thus eventually making Valiant the #3 comic book publishing company based on orders versus how many books they publish. Sure, Image will still be #3 because of the pure volume of books they put out, but Valiant would be coming on strong if all 4 of it's initial titles were top 100 books (which I don't expect to happen).

  6. #6
    Join the flock! Awesome!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    northeast, U.S.
    Posts
    2,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    thus making Valiant the only non-Marvel/DC book in the top 60 for the month.
    Walking Dead and Saga would like a word with you...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Walking Dead and Saga would like a word with you...
    What numbers did those come in at?

  8. #8
    indie snob Brandon Hanvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HasbroSlayer84 View Post
    What numbers did those come in at?
    Walking Dead was at #54 for March and #47 for April. Saga was at #40 in March and #48 for April.

    http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...ticleID=120155
    http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/...ticleID=121105

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dark-Flux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    And both sold around 28'000 last month.

  10. #10
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    And both sold around 28'000 last month.
    I think if the Valiant books reach a 25,000 limit it would be a huge success...At 42,000 for just XO #1 Valiant is almost tied with the 9th highest selling publisher, Avatar, which had 6 books in March selling 47,000 units total. Even with 30% drop on XO, with the launch of Harbinger Valiant should pass that and might even challenge boom for 6th next month. #3 he they come!

    Here's the top 8 for March via Diamond:

    Publisher-Total Items-Units Sold

    Marvel Comics - 74 - 2,509,627
    DC Comics - 93 - 2,354,096
    Image Comics - 28 - 276,020
    IDW Publishing - 27 - 262,406
    Dark Horse - 19 - 209,627
    Dynamite Entertainment - 18 - 134,255
    Boom! Studios - 11 - 73,464
    Zenescope Entertainment - 9 - 56,221
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Indies: Valiant Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    I think if the Valiant books reach a 25,000 limit it would be a huge success...At 42,000 for just XO #1 Valiant is almost tied with the 9th highest selling publisher, Avatar, which had 6 books in March selling 47,000 units total. Even with 30% drop on XO, with the launch of Harbinger Valiant should pass that and might even challenge boom for 6th next month. #3 he they come!

    Here's the top 8 for March via Diamond:

    Publisher-Total Items-Units Sold

    Marvel Comics - 74 - 2,509,627
    DC Comics - 93 - 2,354,096
    Image Comics - 28 - 276,020
    IDW Publishing - 27 - 262,406
    Dark Horse - 19 - 209,627
    Dynamite Entertainment - 18 - 134,255
    Boom! Studios - 11 - 73,464
    Zenescope Entertainment - 9 - 56,221
    Thanks for this list it is motivating me to jump on board all announced titles in the FCBD Valiant 2012 brochure.I would rather have seen a sales figure double that at around 80,000 to start ,but I guess Valiant printed accordingly with a known order count, and that was smart on their part.These guys are brand new to me because I was out of comics between '94 and '05 and I tend more towards trades these days,but what the heck.My Marvel pull is down to 3 or 4 titles and my DC pull is over with once Spaceman and Shade complete their runs.I don't think Harbinger is exactly going to fly off the shelves ,but I think Bloodshot will do well,and I've heard Archer and Armstrong had a following back in the day.It's amazing how much more fun comics get when you steer clear of that AVX/Before Watchmen dreck.

  12. #12
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Thanks for this list it is motivating me to jump on board all announced titles in the FCBD Valiant 2012 brochure.I would rather have seen a sales figure double that at around 80,000 to start ,but I guess Valiant printed accordingly with a known order count, and that was smart on their part.These guys are brand new to me because I was out of comics between '94 and '05 and I tend more towards trades these days,but what the heck.My Marvel pull is down to 3 or 4 titles and my DC pull is over with once Spaceman and Shade complete their runs.I don't think Harbinger is exactly going to fly off the shelves ,but I think Bloodshot will do well,and I've heard Archer and Armstrong had a following back in the day.It's amazing how much more fun comics get when you steer clear of that AVX/Before Watchmen dreck.
    42,000 was actually a lot more than anyone thought. Most high selling Indy books are even less than that, outside Walking Dead and a few others. So that number is outstanding. Harbinger may not sell as much because the order cut off was before XO dropped and exploded, but Bloodshot should have a nice number of orders based on that and might hit 50,000.

    If you are into trades I highly recommend the recent Valiant hardcovers of XO, Harby and A&A.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Indies: Valiant Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    42,000 was actually a lot more than anyone thought. Most high selling Indy books are even less than that, outside Walking Dead and a few others. So that number is outstanding. Harbinger may not sell as much because the order cut off was before XO dropped and exploded, but Bloodshot should have a nice number of orders based on that and might hit 50,000.

    If you are into trades I highly recommend the recent Valiant hardcovers of XO, Harby and A&A.
    I guess 42,000 is a lot better than Atlas running between 7400 and 5400 for their first 3 issue 1's.Sad to say.Off topic I see your pull list resembles mine at Marvel/DC. Doc Voodoo,Sword,Agents of Atlas,Secret Warriors,War Machine,Alpha Flight,Herc. At DC Doom Patrol,Rebels,JSA Allstars,Freedom Fighters,need I say more?

  14. #14
    Verily VALIANT! BugsySig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I guess 42,000 is a lot better than Atlas running between 7400 and 5400 for their first 3 issue 1's.Sad to say.Off topic I see your pull list resembles mine at Marvel/DC. Doc Voodoo,Sword,Agents of Atlas,Secret Warriors,War Machine,Alpha Flight,Herc. At DC Doom Patrol,Rebels,JSA Allstars,Freedom Fighters,need I say more?
    I picked up Doc Voodoo, Secret Warriors, Sword and DP...that is why I am down to 1 title from the big 2 (Demon Knights) and have turned to Indy and Valiant.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

  15. #15
    Senior Member rasx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,682

    Default

    In support of Valiant I too will have to reshuffle my deck. Buy less Marvel and Image, DC already lost me with the new52, I might just pick up he-man. Come to think about it I've always tried to fill the Valiant void first with Crossgen, then Topcow and Dark Key. So happy that the real McCoy is back.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •