Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    After they fixed Loki, why didn't they restore the others (including pigeon Ikol)?
    They aren't even sure how they fixed Loki, thus they went to the source, who pointed them back to the original source of all there problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Is it going to be the same artist on all of the issues?
    Yeah Carmine Di Giandomenico is a beast, guy can crank stuff out in bucket loads and I still enjoy his art.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    That was so Fandral! I was wondering about Thor's name, though, as doesn't this tie into the Otherworld and Arthurian matters? Or am I getting ahead of myself on JiM stories? And there were soooo many good lines here, it is hard to choose.

It's taking me a bit to reconcile Zig and Sigurd the Dragonslayer. Of course, the latter is an assumption on my part. But Thor, and actually the reveal of all of the Asgardians, were cool. I though Amara was going to just leap on Thor, though. LOL!

Carmine Di Giandomenico's work will grow on you -- at least, it did for me. I'm betting by the end of the series you'll look upon it more favorably.

The Disir escape in Exiled #1 due to Sigurd's reappearance. IIRC, someone also referred to Sigurd as Bor's Blade, so between that, and the horrifying name of "The Final Portion" he is clearly tied to the Disir and their curse. That's Hela's 'mortal' guise. She looks like she was in a bad accident. She is her usual terrifying beauty when she's not 'mortal.'
    I thought it was also mentioned that it was thought there were no survivors of their feast in the cave just before Bor finds out they've gone cannibal, implying that Sigurd was the lone survivor/left-over/final portion.

It also seemed like, if he was still alive in the cave when Bor cursed the Disir, Sigurd might have been cursed/partially cursed/tied up into the magic that Bor was doing on the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by insidemyhead View Post
    I thought it was also mentioned that it was thought there were no survivors of their feast in the cave just before Bor finds out they've gone cannibal, implying that Sigurd was the lone survivor/left-over/final portion.

It also seemed like, if he was still alive in the cave when Bor cursed the Disir, Sigurd might have been cursed/partially cursed/tied up into the magic that Bor was doing on the ladies.
    LOL! I'm sorry, but Sigurd the Left-over is just too funny.

But yes, good point about Sigurd possibly being cursed / a loop hole for the Disir.

Quote Originally Posted by plushbug View Post

And another thought...when Loki throws off the spell on him, thinkin' this is the first "magical" thing he's been able to do all run. A touch of his abilities coming back?
    He was able to create an illusion of himself in the issue with Hellstorm. #634

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    He was able to create an illusion of himself in the issue with Hellstorm. #634
    Er, actually he doesn't. He tells Daimon that's what he's done so Daimon will turn around, then Loki runs off. No magic.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Classic trickster, as he says. Yeah, I'm totally buying the notion of this being more magical resistance, he's not doing anything yet.

*snicker* Sigurd the Leftover, indeed!

Looking forward to next installment...

EDIT: Now, I can't be the only one who read the next installment...? New Mutants #42? Or the preview for next week's JIM? I'm thinking this thing is looking better all the time.
    Last edited by plushbug; 05-18-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: add update
    Mostly moved on to fanfiction.net...

Quote Originally Posted by plushbug View Post
    Classic trickster, as he says. Yeah, I'm totally buying the notion of this being more magical resistance, he's not doing anything yet.

*snicker* Sigurd the Leftover, indeed!

Looking forward to next installment...

EDIT: Now, I can't be the only one who read the next installment...? New Mutants #42? Or the preview for next week's JIM? I'm thinking this thing is looking better all the time.
    Not at all! I've been reading and LOVING all the issues. There were threads for New Mutants #42 and this week's JiM #638, as well as a general Exiled is Great thread, on the x-boards. Been busy and haven't had time to do a proper review for either here.

I will say, the reveal of the true reasons for the Disir curse in this week's JiM totally surprised me.

Not at all! I've been reading and LOVING all the issues. There were threads for New Mutants #42 and this week's JiM #638, as well as a general Exiled is Great thread, on the x-boards. Been busy and haven't had time to do a proper review for either here.

I will say, the reveal of the true reasons for the Disir curse in this week's JiM totally surprised me.
    Since discussion on this crossover has been a bit infrequent on these boards I took the liberty of changing the thread title to reflect a more general discussion of the crossover.

Personally I've been enjoying it quite a bit but I haven't been able to get the New Mutants #42 (part 3) since I forgot to tell my shop to add it to my pull list during this crossover so I'm still waiting on that one to come in to read it all together.

Thanks for the links!

I am enjoying this hugely.

So we proceed from Sigurd the Leftover to Sigurd the Slightly Slutty...and yes, who would have thought that would be the backstory? Though I gotta say, it makes better intuitive sense, than that any elite group of Valkyries would have got into cannibalism as a perk of their position. That always did seem a bit over the top, though I could see Bor reacting as he was reported as having done, if it had happened. Now the question is, what he's up to...
    Mostly moved on to fanfiction.net...

I have loved the series so far.

I was worried at first it wouldn't be able to merge New Mutants and JiM sensibilities that well between the two titles, but it has been rather seemless. The portions where the New Mutants appear feel like their normal stories and Loki is Loki. This arc appears to be about clearing up Loki's situation with the Disir, but I hope some permanent change with the New Mutants occurs as well.

Preferably, Dani having the ability to summon her valkyrie armor and powers at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    I have loved the series so far.

I was worried at first it wouldn't be able to merge New Mutants and JiM sensibilities that well between the two titles, but it has been rather seemless. The portions where the New Mutants appear feel like their normal stories and Loki is Loki. This arc appears to be about clearing up Loki's situation with the Disir, but I hope some permanent change with the New Mutants occurs as well.

Preferably, Dani having the ability to summon her valkyrie armor and powers at will.
    Yeah, there's quite a bit of fan call for a Loki / Dani book...
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I love love loved this issue! I'm pretty much completely satisfied with how everything tied together, though having Mephisto more explicitly as an enemy is just one more thing piling up for Loki to deal with eventually.

I THOUGHT that was Mephisto in last issue.

I can't wait to pick this up tonite! The last 5 Wednesday's have been great, knowing that there will be at least one book I'll absolutely LOVE!

More Journey into Mystery is always good to see, I was worried about how well DnA and Gillen would mesh they appeared to have gotten a great balance. It ended as well as one can expect, although on a bit of a downer for young Loki.