Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Gillen bits are good. The agnettlanning bits are incomprehensible and terrible.

Therefore this event can be at maximum, 50% good.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    She died on her way back to her home planet </kills reference, never to be used from now on>
    Yeah. Blink would make rather lousy Soylent Green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
    Last edited by c.lei; 05-10-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I hated them saying Cypher could learn a recipe by eating food because food is a language. No food is NOT a language. Just stupid.
    I don't know. I can buy food as language. Ingredients as nouns. They're modified by adjective-like seasoning. Acted upon by the processes of cooking, chopping, etc. The final product is like the sentence and is ultimately more than the sum of it parts. Every recipe is like a math equation or chemistry experiment. Those things certainly have their own languages. I get it.

People with good taste buds can intuit what ingredients are in foods. Looking at the food, holding, & tasting it can even tell them how the food has been prepared or cooked. Professional chefs are certainly capable of this feat. I really don't see why Doug couldn't either. Language is just about systems of communication. I mean, anything with a discernible pattern could have language.

It's not that Doug suddenly has enhanced senses. It's that, being a mutant linguist, maybe his brain processes the input from his senses much more efficiently. That's probably why he can dissect body language to the point of being able to use it practically in combat. Same reason why he claims to understand women better than Berto now. There are patterns in everything we sense from what we see and hear down to what we taste or smell. Insects communicate all of the time through smell. Food? I suppose that could be language too, communicating an idea or sensation through taste.
    Last edited by cookepuss; 05-10-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    I don't know. I can buy food as language. Ingredients as nouns. They're modified by adjective-like seasoning. Acted upon by the processes of cooking, chopping, etc. The final product is like the sentence and is ultimately more than the sum of it parts. Every recipe is like a math equation or chemistry experiment. Those things certainly have their own languages. I get it. People with good taste buds can intuit what ingredients are in foods. Looking at the food, holding, & tasting it can even tell them how the food has been prepared or cooked. Professional chefs are certainly capable of this feat. I really don't see why Doug couldn't either. Language is just about systems of communication. I mean, anything with a discernible pattern could have language. There are patterns in everything we sense from what we see and hear down to what we taste or smell. Insects communicate all of the time through smell. Food? I suppose that could be language too, communicating an idea or sensation through taste.
    That's exactly how I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Also, did Nate full on Hank Pym slap Dani? That sort of stuff flies in the New Mutant hostel?
    Looking at the panel.... He just slapped the muffin out of her hand. How do you react when somebody slaps something out of your hand. It's like, "Ow! What the shit, man? That hurt. You better get me a new muffin." Personally, any other day and Dani's next action would've been to bitch slap Nate and force feed him the dirty muffin. I mean, that's what dirty muffin slappin' mutant hippies deserve right?

Retired

The preview for part 3 in New Mutants #42 is up now. And unfortunately, from the looks of things, it only confirms this:

Quote Originally Posted by Come To Deathstrike View Post
    The Gillen bits are good. The agnettlanning bits are incomprehensible and terrible.

Therefore this event can be at maximum, 50% good.
    I like Doug doing the narration on the recap page, but for whatever reason: (Yeah don't even ask. Just accept it.) comes off as a petty, passive aggressive comment and the dialogue between the New Mutants is really lacklustre. "Okay we are not cool with that." Neither am I Dani. Neither am I. Only Mephisto can save DnA's side of things.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

So basically, this event is about Thor & his family losing their power and the New Muties helping him get them back ? Ugh. Too bad he couldn't bother to remember that in time for AvX.....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    So basically, this event is about Thor & his family losing their power and the New Muties helping him get them back ? Ugh. Too bad he couldn't bother to remember that in time for AvX.....
    No. It's about the Disir getting free from their obligations. If that happens, then they eat every Asgardian, and who knows what next.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Puny Gods... blegh

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by dr.maikel View Post
    Puny Gods... blegh
    That little guy is still around?

Honestly this is kind of par for the course with Marvel. Their smaller events/crossovers are generally better received than their sprawling ones.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

This book needs more Click image for larger version. 

Name:	superheroes-batman-superman-you-cant-handle-the-optic-punch.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	93166

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    No. It's about the Disir getting free from their obligations. If that happens, then they eat every Asgardian, and who knows what next.
    Dani showed more concern about Thor being depowered and brainwashed than about the cannibal ladies. The New Mutants won't hesitate to come to the rescue of Thor, no matter how dangerous it might prove (and it's been stated to be very dangerous, reality ending dangerous even). Contrasts with the actions taken by the son of Odin and some of his friends.

That's... really not the kind of book that Journey Into Mystery is.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I'm not exactly sold on Exiled just yet, so AvX still has the lead for now.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.