Default Exiled mini crossover part II (Spoilers!) Journey Into Mystery #637

The New Mutants find out something is weird about with their neighbor from across the street. Moonstar wants to introduce herself, he gets scared runs to his room and changes to Sigurd, an Asgardian legend.

When the banished Disir escape from Mephisto and converged on Sigurd, he reads an ancient scroll that cause all the Asgardians to disappeared.

Then, the New Mutants discover that the Asgardians didnít truly disappear, but lost memory of who they were and are now scattered in San Francisco. Loki is jolted back into remembering who he was.

When they go to Sigurdís house to find clues, they find Sigurd is not in the mood to help them bring back the Asgardians to their original states.

Elsewhere, one of the banished Disir sisters kills a cat and feeds from it learning their eternal hunger has finally lifted.

It's a fun read so far, but not great yet, it can go up or down from now on....

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

I wonder if Amara's going to break up it off with Mephisto after learning he's been seeing Norse cannibal women behind her back?

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

For those unware, Sigurd is basicly Siegfried from the Der Ring des Nibelungen aka. the Niebelungen Sage. Basicly there is a skandinvavien version of that story too, recorded in the fragments of the Heroic Edda songs.

There the story is mostly about Sigurd growing up, slaying the Dwarf in dragon Form Fafnir to get his treasure and bathing in his blood (making him immune to physical damage, except on his shoulder), afterwards meeting and freeing a Valkyrie who teaches him runes, before getting into the whole "get the other guy his wife and die through his betrayl" part. The rest of the story is not recorded since there weren't any more fragments.

So if you want to get a clue what to except of the character in the comics remember how he was in the Niebelungen story.

Ramsey channeling Rasputin.

Approved.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

wait so even the Helhounds were warped as well?
    Loki/Luke was getting chased by one when he was in the alleyway
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Retired

Personally, I thought it was excellent, possibly my favourite thing to come out this week and the best thing to happen to Dani and co in ages. I really like this direction of the New Mutants as fish out of water, it makes perfect sense, and Kieron Gillen's brand of comedy sets an ideal backdrop against which they can flounder without coming off as totally useless. It's a completely ridiculous story that doesn't take itself seriously, which is exactly why it works. Loki is hilarious and Dani is intolerant. It's truly wonderful. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the art is a great match. I really like it and I'd love to see Carmine di Giandomenico as a regular on New Mutants. Really looking forward to seeing Mephisto's involvement and I hope it advances his relationship with Magma (I like her with the devil).

He may claim to be channelling Magik, but Doug is totally ripping off Layla Miller circa House of M - glowing eyes to restore memories. I can live with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    wait so even the Helhounds were warped as well?
    Loki/Luke was getting chased by one when he was in the alleyway
    If anything, I took that as evidence that they were the only ones not to be changed because it seemed as if they recognised him.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A≤: Mutant League Champions 2013

'Sup with the glowing eyes, anyhow?
    Is that supposed to signify Doug "reading" things?
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I liked that Kid Loki is totally Glorious Gold. They should let him enroll at JGS. :)
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et aoŻt 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

I really hope Magma and Sunspot get interesting roles in this. They are suppose to be the two heavy hitters of the NM. But since Schism, they are barely used well.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    'Sup with the glowing eyes, anyhow?
    Is that supposed to signify Doug "reading" things?
    I think he accidentally stumbled onto the code word that breaks the reality warp by trying to talk like Magik would have said it.

I was certain that the blond was the Enchantress until she started talking. Didn't get the Luc was Loki until this issue and now I feel stupid.

Sigurd should be new best character of 2012...save for the fact that he first appeared in 2011...
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011